NC - Five kids, ages 8-17, killed in murder-suicide, Pleasant Garden, 20 Nov 2011

I find it a little strange that she shot her "lover" in the shoulder and merely wounded him, yet shot the five others in the head with deadly accuracy. The two still alive are on life support.

My theory is that she wanted him to live with the knowledge that he "caused" this all.
I wonder where the other two children that are mentioned in articles are.

Sent chills up my spine. The shooter was playing God. She had no right.

To me, if you want to take your own life, fine-then do it. But to take innocents along for your ride...simply horrible. I can't imagine the pain she thought she felt, nor the pain of the families that lost their children.

This is terribly shocking. I expected occasions of killings during the holidays; however this is unexpected and especially heinous and diabolical.
The mind can't take it. The Soul trembles and Heaven waits.

I was thinking about that this morning and thinking it would start on Thanksgiving. It seems to get worse every year.

Prayers for all in Pleasant Garden, NC.

A search warrant obtained by WFMY News 2 reveals that Mary Ann Holder had given a check to the wife of the man she had an affair with the day before she shot 6 people then took her own life.

investigators took possession of a check from Mary Ann Holder issued to Jennifer Lamb in the amount of $10,000. Lamb told detectives that Holder had given him the check on Saturday in a Walmart parking lot.

Major Tom Sheppard with the Guilford County Sheriff's Department said the check was a "settlement" to Jennifer's threat to file an alienation of affection lawsuit against Holder.

A court document indicates that Holder filed for legal custody of H, R and S Suttles the week before the shooting.

Holder had been taking care of H and R since their mother died in March.

The document also said Holder requested that their father be ordered to pay child support. A court hearing had been scheduled for next Tuesday.
http://www.digtriad.com/news/articl...nt-Paid-To-Ex-Lovers-Wife-Day-Before-Shooting

http://www.news-record.com/content/2011/11/22/article/killer_gave_ex_lover_10000_check

Apparently the killer had an older child (female) who was unharmed (maybe not present?) and this child is now tending to the niece (I'll refer to her as Baby S) who was also unharmed. She is only 9 months old, so her mother must have died shortly after childbirth, since she passed away in March 2011. Very sad situation for these kids to go from the death of their mom to an obviously volatile and dysfunctional home with their aunt. And of course, ending in the worst type of violence imaginable.

Hi,
I haven't posted here in a really long time but this terrible crime happened where I live. It's horrendous, these poor kids. But there is A LOT more starting to come out b/c things just aren't adding up. I did not know any of the families involved but I do have friends that knew Mary Ann Holder and the Lambs. Consensus is MAH loved her kids and her deceased SIL's kids and they are in shock and don't believe she was the shooter of those 4 kids at her home.

TO clarify some things that have been posted, yes, MAH had an adult daughter that is taking care of her baby niece. Apparently, it was MAH's SIL that passed away in March from pneumonia right after childbirth. MAH took in the 2 older kids and MAH's daughter took the baby. Just last week MAH filed a court order to get legal custody of her SIL's 3 children.

Also news that has come out last night and just this morning: Sat night, the night before the shootings, MAH and Randy Lamb, the ex BF, met at Walmart parking lot where MAH gave him a $10K check made out to his wife Jennifer Lamb. They are saying it was b/c JL had started the process to file an alienation of affection lawsuit against MAH b/c she had been having an affair w/RL for 4 years. They are speculating this check was to settle out of court so JL did not file charges. Strange huh?

Also just today, a search warrant of the Lamb's home has revealed A LOT of guns and ammunition that was recovered in addition to computers, phones, etc. On the list of items is ammunition from a shotgun with 7 bullets missing = 7 people were shot on Sunday - interesting huh?

Also what is really strange to me is the 911 call placed by JL on Sun morning. After RL called his wife - NOT 911 - to say he'd been shot by MAH at the GTCC parking lot, JL was the one to call 911. He drove himself home with gunshot wounds. Why not call 911 right there to say he was shot and there was a woman armed on the loose? But instead he called his wife and drove 15 mins home. The wife did not sound that upset to me either.

There is a lot still to come out but from what my friends say and what I am hearing I would not be suprised if it turns out MAH did not shoot those 4 kids at home. Cops *say* they saw her shoot herself in the car and her 14 yo son was in the car with a gunshot to the head but he was in the backseat - she picked him up from her BFF's house from a sleepover, he could've been in the front. Strange to me. But this is the part I am having a hard time with b/c cops say they saw her shoot herself so maybe she did shoot all those kids but there is A LOT more to this story we don't know.

Four people dead, includes her 2 sons and her 8 yo niece. The 2 children still in the hospital are on life support and my friend knows the dad of the young 15 yo girlfriend and he told her she is brain dead and there's nothing more docs can do that she will die. It's all very, very heartbreaking and this Pleasant Garden area is a small community and very affected by this, especially all the kids at the schools where these children went.

I just hope they can get more information on to what happened b/c no one saw RL at the GTCC parking lot with MAH, this is all his word.

It does seem VERY strange that a woman would have this degree of rage and try to kill everyone like this. Something hasn't seemed right about this case from the beginning.
But the police claim they have suicide notes from Holder, etc. and so far, they seem to think this is a clear case of murder-suicide.

The whole thing is just very disturbing.

She did it, she confessed in 2 letters. She shot her own son in her car after picking him up from a sleep-over, she shot them all.

A family spokesperson has told FOX8 that both Makayla Leigh Woods, 15, passed away Wednesday morning.

Family spokersperson Ariel Lackey, whose family cared for Woods for the past year, said Woods died at 9:15 a.m.

Richard "Ricky" Brian Suttles, 17, was still on life support at the hospital as of Wednesday evening. Earlier, Lackey told FOX8 that Ricky Suttles would be taken off of life support once matching organ recipients were found, but the family has since requested that media no longer report on his condition.
http://www.myfox8.com/news/wghp-story-shooting-victims-fatality-111123,0,1918019.story

so basically this is now six dead... how horrible

12 lives have been saved so far from organ donation

As Guilford County continues to mourn the loss of the Pleasant Garden shooting victims, there are others who have some cause for celebration.

The organs of both Hannaleigh Michelle Suttles, 8, and Zachary Lee Smith, 14, were harvested in order to grant waiting recipients a second chance at life.Zack's organs saved seven lives, and Hannaleigh's saved five
http://www.myfox8.com/news/wghp-sto...otings-organ-donations-111123,0,7206789.story

One hopes the autopsy will show a tumor on the brain or something, anything, to help account logically for this tragedy.

There might be a glimmer of hope for Ricky:

http://www.digtriad.com/news/articl...Wednesday-After-Being-Shot-By-Mary-Ann-Holder

We also talked to a family member who told us that Ricky Suttles, the lone surviving child in this mass murder.

Ricky who has been listed as critical all this time squeezed a family members hand from his hospital bed.

We don't know if this is a sign of hope, or if it's simply a reflex.

But the family sees it as hope and is asking for everyone's prayers.

She did it, she confessed in 2 letters. She shot her own son in her car after picking him up from a sleep-over, she shot them all.

Yea, it seems pretty open and shut to me. In the local media, I read some of the comments of her friends/family saying there is more to the story, but if there are 2 letters she left saying she did it, what am I missing?

I "get" how she would want to kill herself and her ex-lover (I understand it, don't really get it). But, it makes no sense why all the kids.

Yesterday's Fox 8 had article on the upcoming custody dispute for the Suttles children - (although they have an error early in the article mistakenly mentioning Lamb instead of Brian Suttles) -

"However, Holder said Brian recently asked Child Protective Services to transfer the children's custody to Brian's brother, who lives in Wake County. Holder said CPS was in the process of granting that request."

So, was she losing custody of those 2 children?
http://www.myfox8.com/news/wghp-chi...before-mass-shooting-20111123,0,4845915.story

Yesterday's Fox 8 had article on the upcoming custody dispute for the Suttles children - (although they have an error early in the article mistakenly mentioning Lamb instead of Brian Suttles) -

"However, Holder said Brian recently asked Child Protective Services to transfer the children's custody to Brian's brother, who lives in Wake County. Holder said CPS was in the process of granting that request."

So, was she losing custody of those 2 children?
http://www.myfox8.com/news/wghp-chi...before-mass-shooting-20111123,0,4845915.story

:Welcome1:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back