GUILTY NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #10 *Arrest*

Just because officials did not indicate trauma from sexual abuse, doesn't mean it did not happen. Officials did not state that sexual abuse had been ruled out. I hate it when media assume something just because it wasn't mentioned.

ETA: The article mentions that Officials did not indicate that sexual abuse had happened. Doesn't say it was even mentioned.

Yes. The article specifically states:

"In addition to murder, records show Kimrey was also charged with felony child abuse resulting in serious bodily injury/death."[FONT=&amp]

"While many speculate that Kimrey may have abused the 3-year-old, officials did not indicate that the autopsy revealed any signs of trauma."

[/FONT]
The article DOES NOT state that the autopsy showed no signs of trauma. Just that officials did not mention it when discussing the autopsy.

The article DOES NOT refer to, eliminate or discuss sexual abuse in any way, at all. It states no "trauma" was mentioned by officials, (they did not discuss what was in the autopsy except chloroform) and it does not dsicuss possible sexual abuse in any way, shape or form.

The article DOES list felony child abuse as a charge.

Let's be careful here.

Wasn't seeing that chloroform coming. Thanks, Casey Anthony, for teaching other child abusers on how to make chloroform. Ugh.

Yes. The article specifically states:

"In addition to murder, records show Kimrey was also charged with felony child abuse resulting in serious bodily injury/death."[FONT=&]

"While many speculate that Kimrey may have abused the 3-year-old, officials did not indicate that the autopsy revealed any signs of trauma."

[/FONT]
The article DOES NOT state that the autopsy showed no signs of trauma. Just that officials did not mention it when discussing the autopsy.

The article DOES NOT refer to, eliminate or discuss sexual abuse in any way, at all. It states no "trauma" was mentioned by officials, (they did not discuss what was in the autopsy except chloroform) and it does not dsicuss possible sexual abuse in any way, shape or form.

The article DOES list felony child abuse as a charge.

Let's be careful here.

Thanks for that Gitana, ITA! We've seen in other cases (Bella Grogan-Cannella and Kiaya Campbell come to mind) that sexual abuse can be revealed much later as things progress.

Not being a doctor, lawyer or LE I can only speculate a few things but IMO Mariah was a victim of ongoing abuse and the investigation will reveal that. From my reading about chloroform (linked upthread) it appears that it may not always be detected in a blood test but it can accumulate in fatty tissue and organs so maybe the ME found a high enough amount to state it as a COD.

As for other abuse, I agree with Ghosthunter and others that decomp may hinder some results but IMO LE will also consider additional circumstantial evidence from witnesses, Kimrey's and Woods' statements, possible prior reports to CPS and whatever else was found during autopsy that hasn't yet been released. LE must have some whopping evidence to go directly to first-degree murder.

And I'll say it again: How could Mariah's mom not smell chloroform in the trailer? I have a little experience with it from a biology class and believe me, it stinks.

Wasn't seeing that chloroform coming. Thanks, Casey Anthony, for teaching other child abusers on how to make chloroform. Ugh.

Not to say that Casey Anthony didn't serve as a prime example of how child abusers can, literally, get away with murder, Mr. Kimrey here had easy access to chlorophyll through his job as a HVAC technician. Refrigerant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bringing my post over from the other thread. People were discussing why there has been no charge of murder yet. I think this is why:

I honestly think that the hold up is the Toxicology report. They take up to 6 weeks or more for results. I wont' be surprised if it turns out she was given something that caused her death.

Called it! I knew something had to have been given to her. Poor thing.

Yea. Considering he had access to the stuff with his HVAC job, he could have used it regularly when CW wasn't around as a "babysitter" God so disgusting.

Ughhhh....you just reminded me of something, can't remember exactly the details right now, but something about constantly suffocating a victim to the point, then bringing them back or whatever....gosh, was it little Evan Brewer? Yes, his abuser did that to his daughters too, iirc....

The chloroform is not what I expected, I thought it was going to be blunt force trauma.

It does make me go back to some of the words the mother used to the media, though, that made me feel she had seen Mariah laying on a bed after death.

Not to say that Casey Anthony didn't serve as a prime example of how child abusers can, literally, get away with murder, Mr. Kimrey here had easy access to chlorophyll through his job as a HVAC technician. Refrigerant.

Yea, I know. I just want to find things to blame CA for the rest of her life. Since Caylee had no justice, I want to make sure CA has no peace.

The chloroform is not what I expected, I thought it was going to be blunt force trauma.

It does make me go back to some of the words the mother used to the media, though, that made me feel she had seen Mariah laying on a bed after death.

Would you happen to have that link, I would like to view it again.

This?

Mariah’s mother, Kristy Woods, has said she last saw her daughter when she put her to bed the night before she was reported missing.

https://nypost.com/2018/01/24/moms-boyfriend-charged-with-murder-of-missing-3-year-old/

Would you happen to have that link, I would like to view it again.

Too many cases and too long since I've been 'immersed' in Mariah's case. I can't even recall Mariah's mother's name.

I just tried to search Google but the first link was very jerky in playing for me, and the next link seems to have been removed.

From what I recall, there were two media pleas by KW, and there was also information that I presume came from LE where KW talked about her "last memory" of Mariah? And the 'last memory' one had details like, paraphrasing, 'I fed her, put her to bed, I told her I loved her and she told me she loved me'.

Too many cases and too long since I've been 'immersed' in Mariah's case. I can't even recall Mariah's mother's name.

I just tried to search Google but the first link was very jerky in playing for me, and the next link seems to have been removed.

From what I recall, there were two media pleas by KW, and there was also information that I presume came from LE where KW talked about her "last memory" of Mariah? And the 'last memory' one had details like, paraphrasing, 'I fed her, put her to bed, I told her I loved her and she told me she loved me'.

Found it:

Woods, her mom, said she last saw the girl the previous night before they went to sleep.

“My last memory of her was feeding her and putting her to bed,” Woods told a local TV station. “I told her I loved her and she loved me.”

http://people.com/crime/mariah-woods-autopsy-testing-shows-cause-of-death/

Or screenshot the last post you read, which is what I do so I can find my place again in a long thread I am slogging through as a late-comer. Or, I just put a note in my phone with the last post # I read.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Great idea...thanks:tyou:

Well he's had his court appearance but I couldn't catch the date of his next hearing, maybe February 14th?, and it seems like he doesn't have an attorney for the murder charge? Maybe I misheard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5j-ojbzQOI&feature=youtu.be

Does anyone if KW was there at his hearing? If I was that mother and innocent of any wrong doing I would be in that court room for every hearing, if not it in my opinion it just shows that she was somehow complicit

I just read that chloroform can be easily made with 12% bleach (?) and acetone. After mixing, the solution needs to sit for 30 minutes to activate.

Acetone is also used in making meth, although I don't think bleach is an ingredient. So were they making chloroform to kill or meth? Is it possible that these two were just incredibly lazy while mixing chemicals?

I just read that chloroform can be easily made with 12% bleach (?) and acetone. After mixing, the solution needs to sit for 30 minutes to activate.

Acetone is also used in making meth, although I don't think bleach is an ingredient. So were they making chloroform to kill or meth? Is it possible that these two were just incredibly lazy while mixing chemicals?

I think it also possible they were incredibly lazy in storing the chemicals and LE found them which is why he was quickly charged and held without bail.

Apparently huffing a/c refrigerant is something people do - wonder if EK had it around for that purpose and was huffing that night and Mariah got up and he used it on her thinking it would make her go back to sleep?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back