Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So am I understanding this correctly: the boys are with grandma. And grandma lives with gramps, who others have concerns about his drinking habits? But only grandma is responsible for them?

Nothing could go wrong with this situation. :notgood:

I could be totally wrong but I understand thst weirdly written quote as kids are with grandma INSTEAD of grandpa because he has a drinking problem. It’s a very vague quote and easy to misinterpret so I may be wrong, but that’s how I read it. Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also not in the hospital the night she was photographed having drinks and dinner.

NO. that restaurant picture is not legit and cannot be taken as any sort of evidence of anything. it was received/posted by a felony criminal that is NOT allowed to be mentioned here. sorry. i dont think i can so more....

So am I understanding this correctly: the boys are with grandma. And grandma lives with gramps, who others have concerns about his drinking habits? But only grandma is responsible for them?

Nothing could go wrong with this situation. :notgood:

This is what I can't understand! They (the children) were with a mother who lived with her bf who she allowed to abuse them. Now they are with the mom's mom who is married and living with a problem drinker in the home? And they expect Grandma to be the sole caregiver? smh

This is what I can't understand! They (the children) were with a mother who lived with her bf who she allowed to abuse them. Now they are with the mom's mom who is married and living with a problem drinker in the home? And they expect Grandma to be the sole caregiver? smh

What is wrong in Onslow County???

I’m pretty sure this conversation has happened several times already, but DAs do not get involved in custody issues:

In North Carolina, a District Attorney (DA) is the elected public official who represents the state in the prosecution of all criminal matters. The district attorney supervises a staff of assistant district attorneys (ADA), victim witness legal assistants (VWLA), investigators, and other administrative employees. A district attorney's primary responsibility, with his or her assistants, is to prosecute all criminal cases filed in District and Superior Courts, prepare the criminal trial docket and advise local law enforcement.

http://www.ncdistrictattorney.org/yourDA.html

The issue in this case is child abuse, not child custody. And police did get involved in the first incident as well as CPS. So I'm betting the DA DID get involved but it was in Juvenile Court where cases aren't public.

The issue in this case is child abuse, not child custody. And police did get involved in the first incident as well as CPS. So I'm betting the DA DID get involved but it was in Juvenile Court where cases aren't public.

I was replying to a post that was specifically about EW not handing the kids over to him though. That is what the DA’s office doesn’t handle.

That isn’t pertinent to the charges Kimrey is facing regarding Mariah. Let it go already. These children are victims. You don’t need to speculate about the details of the alleged incident.

I hope the Justice is swift in this case.

So, it appears that the grandmother has trouble in her own household. WHy would they give her custody? just because she is a relative does not mean she is the best choice.

Which is the Dad's point, I believe. But the court has found that both parents exposed the children to inappropriate adult situations so the next option would be family placement and perhaps maternal grandmother is the only available relative. I think placing of children with strangers would be the worst possible outcome after the emotional trauma they have gone through.

OMG. who are you? just kidding.
i say that because my brother is just outside of dallas (but not dallas county) and his ex (and her new husband) will NOT allow him to see my niece. he is suppose to have her a few days a week - but they have literally cut off all available contact between my brother and niece. the niece is very smart and knows what has been going on (she is 17, 18 next year). my brother makes sure when he does get to see her (its been almost a year now) that no matter what he loves her and is always there 24/7). the ex has got some kind of personality disorder and the new husband is super controlling and acts like my niece is his! they monitor all her phone/computer activity and if she tries to reach out to my brother - she gets grounded. if he shows up on their property, they call police.

police wont/cant do anything. they say to file a missing child report and take it to court. my brother is not rich and cannot to file a report EVERY WEEK and go to court EVERY WEEK. he was also worried about her having to sit in court everytime. so he writes to her every week. keeps it with him. and when she turns 18, she will leave her mom and go live with my brother, his wife and their 2 little girls.

the courts and police will NOT side w/ my brother - even though he has no negative history and has had this professional job for years - and a many of his friends are cops and feds and vouch for his character.

(thats the short, non-detailed version. ugh) Im not even allowed to talk to my niece.
I am not sure about that. I think that kids can make a decision when they are seventeen years old.

That isn’t pertinent to the charges Kimrey is facing regarding Mariah. Let it go already. These children are victims. You don’t need to speculate about the details of the alleged incident.

Where on earth have I remotely suggested these children are not victims? I'm pretty sure the father is also considered a victim.

I am not sure about that. I think that kids can make a decision when they are seventeen years old.

If they can talk to the judge, their choice and reasons behind are often honored at the age of 17, and often younger, providing the parent they want to reside with is appropriate.

OMG. who are you? just kidding.
i say that because my brother is just outside of dallas (but not dallas county) and his ex (and her new husband) will NOT allow him to see my niece. he is suppose to have her a few days a week - but they have literally cut off all available contact between my brother and niece. the niece is very smart and knows what has been going on (she is 17, 18 next year). my brother makes sure when he does get to see her (its been almost a year now) that no matter what he loves her and is always there 24/7). the ex has got some kind of personality disorder and the new husband is super controlling and acts like my niece is his! they monitor all her phone/computer activity and if she tries to reach out to my brother - she gets grounded. if he shows up on their property, they call police.

police wont/cant do anything. they say to file a missing child report and take it to court. my brother is not rich and cannot to file a report EVERY WEEK and go to court EVERY WEEK. he was also worried about her having to sit in court everytime. so he writes to her every week. keeps it with him. and when she turns 18, she will leave her mom and go live with my brother, his wife and their 2 little girls.

the courts and police will NOT side w/ my brother - even though he has no negative history and has had this professional job for years - and a many of his friends are cops and feds and vouch for his character.

(thats the short, non-detailed version. ugh) Im not even allowed to talk to my niece.

I would suggest HE call the cops every time there is an issue and at least he will have a record for future use. This is a violation of a court order and she can be held in contempt. Do you happen to know which court it is in? I was a paralegal in this very county for 22 years. Not sure which judges are left if any that I know, gosh I hate getting old LOL let me know I may be able to help a little bit, possibly

I'm beyond disgusted.... why would they place these boys with the maternal grandma? I'm sure KW will have access to them. In this case these boys need to be in a safe environment with no maternal family members.
I know of a case where the mom is a drug user and neglected her children. Her half sister took custody of the girls through CPS. The mother was not to be around them but they let her come over there anyway.

Bbm. No.no.no!!!!

this is a very good, responsible article about all these issues with aw and kw.

[font=&amp]"according to the document, the court believes there is a reasonable basis to believe that the boys have been exposed to “a substantial risk of physical injury or sexual abuse because of the parent, guardian, custodian, or caretaker has created conditions likely to cause injury or abuse or has failed to provide, or is unable to provide, adequate supervision or protection.”[/font]
[font=&amp]“the respondent parents have a history of exposing the juveniles to adult situations and conversation during their ongoing custody battle,” according to the documents.
[/font]
[font=&amp]"the document is a juvenile summons and notice of hearing and notes that the two boys have been placed in dss custody temporarily. Woods and his ex-wife, kristy, are scheduled to be in court over the custody of the boys friday morning."[/font][font=&amp]
[/font]
"[font=&amp]the boys were placed in the care of their grandmother, kristy woods’ mother, on nov. 27, according to the documents, and the grandmother, whose relationship with alex woods is allegedly “volatile,” was told to be the sole caregiver of the boys due to concerns over the grandfather’s drinking habits. the daily news has spoken with the grandmother who confirms she is watching the boys."[/font]
"[font=&amp]the documents go into detail about physical and sexual abuse allegedly committed by earl kimrey, kristy woods’ live-in boyfriend, to mariah and her two brothers."

[/font]
so they boys are in dss custody but with the g'mother, physically.
http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171205/mariahs-father-speaks-on-cps-documents-memories-of-his-daughter

So. They shared custody amicably until dad dared have an issue w the way mom did things. Sounds so familiar

Unfortunately most of these tragedies seem to start with parents bent on retaliation and not acting in their kids' best interest and it turns toxic because they both want to "win." This country is in a real crisis.

I have my doubts as to whether KW is really so frantic to see the boys right now.

With Mariah being found clothed, I do not think for a second that EK acted alone. I also wouldn't be surprised to hear that she was placed in something prior to being put in the water (container, suitcase, etc.). Just thinking one of the perps cared slightly more than the other. MOO

In NC, a lot depends on who you know or who your family knows. But, I find it hard to believe that the mother didn't know that he killed her. It's a single wide trailer. She would have most likely heard something at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82