Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bro in law lives in TX which is a mom's state and has run into wall after wall after wall. Has spent thousands to no avail. His ex has borderline personality disorder, doesn't take meds, and without a lawyer he cant access her mental health records. That and she was diagnosed in South Africa where she is originally from. Ex's mother also knows how insane she is but won't testify against her in court [emoji35]. He got temp full custody last year for a year after an incident where his ex passed out from drugs or drinking too much and looked promising but ultimately my niece ended up back with her. They do have joint custody but she is uber crazy. Tried to kill him with a knife once even and he always wears a voice recorder at custody exchanges. That's how bad it can be in a mom state. So don't judge the guy on his efforts in that department. As bad as it sounds At some point you just have to accept your defeats. And it certainly sounds like he kept calling and calling CPS. he may not be perfect but he obviously cares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sad.

In as much as the kids were with KW instead of EK.

I could be totally wrong but I understand thst weirdly written quote as kids are with grandma INSTEAD of grandpa because he has a drinking problem. It’s a very vague quote and easy to misinterpret so I may be wrong, but that’s how I read it. Moo

In as much as the kids were with KW instead of EK.

I get what you’re saying. I hope at this point CPSis on top of who is around those kiddos. So heartbreaking. They deserve so much more.

So we have children removed from a home where SA was present, mom (at the very least) knew of it and yet may still be able to access her children?? She allowed the abuse and for all we know, was an active participant. SMH. MOO

I'm beyond disgusted.... why would they place these boys with the maternal grandma? I'm sure KW will have access to them. In this case these boys need to be in a safe environment with no maternal family members.
I know of a case where the mom is a drug user and neglected her children. Her half sister took custody of the girls through CPS. The mother was not to be around them but they let her come over there anyway.

That is just not true. He could have discussed this with his Case Worker and the District Attorney. No charge to him for either of these. The public pays the District Attorney.

No, that isn't how that works at all.

[h=1]Dozens attend candlelight vigil for Mariah Woods[/h]

The child's tragic death resonated with so many. At least 100 people turned out to honor the toddler whose life was cut so short.

Hundreds upon hundreds of stuffed animals and other gifts are coming in from all over the world.

"There's been many things that's been overwhelming to see. First responders breaking down as they bring a bear or a little girl bringing a cookie wanting Mariah to have something to eat," said Wiles.

http://abc11.com/dozens-attend-candlelight-vigil-for-mariah-woods-/2744320/

they may in places, but apparently she cannot in their county.
i will ask my brother about that next time i talk to him...i never even thought of bringing that up.

So finished the latest Nancy Grace podcast. God she is so dramatic but I do like the "experts" she brings on. It was a tough one to listen to this time as one of the experts delved into Mariahs COD. I'm not sure the extent to which I can express my rage towards EK and KW but let's just say steam coming out my ears.

NG also had a defense attny on there and when she mentioned the possibility that KW could b charged with felony murder, he misdirected to blaming AW for failure to act to protect the kids. NG really let him have it feeling like the attny was somehow holding AW responsible. Anyway. So felony would be KW continually failing to ensure her children's safety (I.e. , knowing EK was abusing them and doing nothing ) and Mariah died during this ongoing act of neglect, she is guilty of felony murder. Sooo 1) do I understand this correctly 2) how is this different from other types of murder. Guess I wasn't aware of delineations beyond 1st, 2nd, 3rd degree murder (I'm still learning) 3) how easy or hard would it b to pin this on KW?

I would suggest HE call the cops every time there is an issue and at least he will have a record for future use. This is a violation of a court order and she can be held in contempt. Do you happen to know which court it is in? I was a paralegal in this very county for 22 years. Not sure which judges are left if any that I know, gosh I hate getting old LOL let me know I may be able to help a little bit, possibly

I am going to contact him this week and ask him about what Jennifer said.
i dont say much when i talk to him....because I dont know what to say...and he sobs a lot :(
thank you for the suggestion. i will actually pass it along. i am pretty uneducated in this kind of stuff. his ex (and daughter is in dallas county) but he is not and im not sure where everything is filed..

Almost makes me want to outlaw life insurance for underage children. Not sure I could get more depressed!

God, IKR. I have a BA degree in psych and a MS marriage and family therapy and human behavior and these parents just baffle me. It's not a topic I've studied a lot but I am a total forensics junkie (why is didn't get a forensics degree idk) and am fascinated by this behavior in a scientific way. Going to have to do more research. [emoji848]

The five year old may adapt easier than the 10 year old. The 10 year old has a lot more retained memories, opinions formed, judgements made, and blame laid. Dad lays blame on CPS' doorstep, and the "system", for letting him and his kids down (I likely would too after all that has come out about this case), but who does a 10 year old blame for letting him, and his siblings, down?

The eldest will have a lot of emotions and one of the primary ones may be anger, and at more than just his mother, and her bf. CPS is just some initials, a faceless entity. He may wonder why Dad didn't just swoop in, kick EK's *advertiser censored**, then scoop them up, and take them away (or insert any close family member's name).

The boys may also have some type of love/hate for their mother. She's the only mother that they've had. It's possible that there were times that she, (and even EK), was good to them, which is sort of cruel too, b/c it's kinda like tricking them. Eventually the rug gets pulled out from under them again.

I hope they don't have RAD

I was gone all day did anything new come out on this case ? Is there a copy of the CPS reports for us to look at ? Was wondering if and when we will ever get to see inside of this trailer where the victim lived? Was hoping someone would find out how this place was rented maybe zillow has pics from the rental listing? I am just too tired to go look, was wondering where the master is in relation to the other bedrooms.

That isn’t pertinent to the charges Kimrey is facing regarding Mariah. Let it go already. These children are victims. You don’t need to speculate about the details of the alleged incident.

I agree Boodles. The boys have been abused, hurt, and IMO now being victimized by continued reports//"news" from media, forums, groups, etc. What matters is their safety, well-being, and being able to get the much needed help they desperately need. Lots of what is being discussed/reported now should be saved for trial IMO.

With Mariah being found clothed, I do not think for a second that EK acted alone. I also wouldn't be surprised to hear that she was placed in something prior to being put in the water (container, suitcase, etc.). Just thinking one of the perps cared slightly more than the other. MOO

WHOAH. Wait a sec... where did you see/hear that she was found clothed. I just listened to the nanacy grace podcast (bit that she's the one source or anything) and they said no clothes were missing from her room and the assumption is found only in underwear.

They said they returned from Raleigh close to midnight Sunday, but didn't say what day she went. I'm still confused with the suitcase rumour. I haven't heard anything to confirm she was away for Thanksgiving.

I've a feeling, if true, that's what he used when he moved her. I could be wrong, but it seems suitcases are common among those who find themselves in the position to have to dispose of a body.

WHOAH. Wait a sec... where did you see/hear that she was found clothed. I just listened to the nanacy grace podcast (bit that she's the one source or anything) and they said no clothes were missing from her room and the assumption is found only in underwear.

r

Well there you go. Nancy does not know it all. She was reported missing in just her underwear, but the discoverers of her body, found her clothed. It could be that she was never put in her pyjamas that night or dat.

r

Well there you go. Nancy does not know it all. She was reported missing in just her underwear, but the discoverers of her body, found her clothed. It could be that she was never put in her pyjamas that night or dat.

Yes. She def does not know all. And is overly dramatic. Sometimes her guests have interesting insight tho. That makes me feel some better about poor Mariah's last hours that at the very least she had clothes on. Would be great if NG could get this message so she'd freaking stop talking about the child's underwear color [emoji849][emoji849]. [emoji22][emoji22]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member