GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
This case bothers me deeply for some reason and I hope answers are found at some point. Bumping for Kelli......

This case bothers me deeply for some reason and I hope answers are found at some point. Bumping for Kelli......
I see this is your second post, so if no one has said it yet,
may I say :welcome: tiara1972 to this thread and Websleuths :welcome:

I agree! Seems there is not much media coverage/commotion for her case, sadly... I check Google news when I can for the news thread, please add any news you find to it:
NC NC - Kelli Bordeaux Missing 23 year-old Fort Bragg soldier Pfc. - 14-Apr-2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Bumping for Kelli. Where are you Kelli. It's time to come home :rose:

Listen to an Interview with Kelli's family at:

www.findkelli.com

Thanks for posting that. Olivia, Kelli's sister, is such a relentlessly positive person...until they started asking her about Holbert. That really changed her demeanor. The thought of Nick makes her stomach turn. It's obvious that Olivia is very, very suspicious of Nick but doesn't want to let her mind go to where that may lead. One thing she said is that Kelli's apartment is close to the entrance of the complex, near the manager's office, and that Nick's story of letting her out at the entrance to the complex doesn't make any sense to her.

Thanks for posting that. Olivia, Kelli's sister, is such a relentlessly positive person...until they started asking her about Holbert. That really changed her demeanor. The thought of Nick makes her stomach turn. It's obvious that Olivia is very, very suspicious of Nick but doesn't want to let her mind go to where that may lead. One thing she said is that Kelli's apartment is close to thesentrance of the complex, near the manager's office, and that Nick's story of letting her out at the entrance to the complex doesn't make any sense to her.

I might buy it under certain circumstances -- maybe she didn't want him to think she was going to ask him in, so she just tried to avoid the whole thing by asking him to let her out where he said he did. Dunno.

NH does seem like someone LE would want to follow -- his not having a "normal" place to live makes looking for clues, etc., like his clothes, shoes, etc., nearly impossible, really. Not the best setup for LEO's to investigate a possible murder or struggle location... And now with him in jail, they can't track & watch him to see if he does anything suspicious...

It's all just so baffling and maddening. Is there nobody out there who knows something?? Or if it's known, it is surely being kept on the down-low... Grrrrr :banghead:

That was a very moving interview, after listening to the whole thing yesterday I could not get Kelli out of my mind. I am so hopeful that they will get the break they need, because the family deserves a break on many levels!
One thing that jumped out at me in the interview is Olivia stating that she is not sure that Nick picked up Kelli and drove her to the bar...she says that Nick is the only one saying that happened and therefore it is hearsay. She is right..do we actually know that Nick picked up Kelli that night? You can listen to that part of conversation at appx. 24 minutes in.

Some other notes I made from the interview:
Per Olivia, the construction site near FB was thoroughly searched in the first few days by LE and volunteers.
Around 39 minutes: the family is not interested in using professional search teams. You can listen to Olivia's reasoning. In my opinion, I think they should reconsider their stance on that but I am not in a position to judge...I know they are doing the best they can under the circumstances.
Kelli's mom states at 72 minutes "We want Kelli back desperately" and you really can hear the desperation in her voice...very painful to hear. I keep hearing her voice in my head...I want to give her a hug. I want her to have her daughter back.
Essentially, per Olivia, they don't know anything more then the day they found out she was missing but they are not giving up hope.
The family is united in the fact that they will find Kelli alive.
Towards the end of the interview we learn that the upcoming butterfly release for Kelli is significant because she had a butterfly release at her wedding and Kelli loves butterflies. Apparently one landed on her hip at her wedding. That will be a very moving tribute!

Please Kelli...you need to come home to your family!

They need to make Nick Holbert listen to that interview...over and over and over again.

link to interview:
http://www.findkelli.com/

I wonder if any more has come out about the rape of the soldier shortly before Kelli went missing? A soldier was raped very close to Froggy Bottoms. I never heard about a suspect or an arrest. I wonder if the victim was able to provide any description and if there could be any connection?

Rape is still unsolved. See link below for information on Ramsey Street serial rapes:

http://www.drmauricegodwin.com/fayettevillerapes.html

I wonder if any more has come out about the rape of the soldier shortly before Kelli went missing? A soldier was raped very close to Froggy Bottoms. I never heard about a suspect or an arrest. I wonder if the victim was able to provide any description and if there could be any connection?

I think this is very helpful .......
http://www.findkelli.com/

KELLY BORDEAUX'S DESCRIPTION

Sex: Female
Race: White
Age at Disappearance: 23
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 102 lbs.
Hair (Color, Description, Facial Hair):
•Blond
Eyes:
•Brown
Scars and Tattoos:
•Scar on her left eyebrow from a surf boarding accident where she got six stitches
•Shooting star tattoo on top of her right foot
•Tribal tattoo on her upper left thigh
•Trickling stars going down the back of her neck all the way down her spine

If you have any information about this case please contact:

Police have set up a special hotline, 910-433-1114, for tips in the case, or you can contact Detective Locklear of the Fayetteville Police Department at
910-433-1389 E-mail: jlocklear@ci.fay.nc.us

Thanks for posting this link. So far I've listened to half of the interview. A few points stand out. Unfortunately, I'm as confused as ever.

~ Almost from the getgo, our understanding was that Kelli went to FB to participate in karaoke. We didn't hear details about that but VOH mentioned Kelli performed karaoke that night iirc. Not long ago, someone posted that Kelli had not taken part in Karaoke. At the time I thought that was a weird comment for someone to interject into the details of Kelli's evening after all this time. I wonder why?

Olivia thinks Kelli went to FB specifically to try out karaoke as she had never done it before. Olivia said that this was the second time Kelli went to FB as she had noticed the first time that they had karaoke on Friday nights. Olivia mentioned that Kelli and another person, a woman, were doing karaoke together. I've not heard that detail before. What's the big deal? Is the woman the one who befriended Kelli on fb the next day? I know VOH was careful when offering information but, why not say, Kelli and ____ (no name, but a woman) were up singing karaoke all night and seemed to be having a ball, a good 'ol time. Why was a description of the activity, the fun Kelli went there to have, off limits for discussion?
With twenty to twenty-five peeps in the bar, you'd have to notice the ones participating in the karaoke from time-to-time. :waitasec:
The silence about the details in the bar bothers me.

~ As far as Olivia knows, Monday morning was the first time peeps knew something might be wrong with Kelli.
Peeps from her unit began the procedure of checking into her whereabouts.
Why did a poster interject that Kelli had night duty Sunday night which confused the whole timeline. :waitasec:

~ Olivia is not 100 percent sure that NH picked Kelli up. Wow. What if Kelli walked to FB while it was still light out? It would make more sense as to why she texted someone to say that she was getting a ride home. That said, if NH picked Kelli up and drove her home as Kelli expected him to do, wouldn't LE confirm that detail to the family? I assume they checked, based on what NH told them, the phone records to verify his claim and as to why Kelli ended up in his car. We posted as if NH's story is true, even though it sounds kind of weird, because nobody said it isn't true. How did Kelli think she was going to get home if she hadn't made a prior arrangement? That's why I accepted NH's story. Would Kelli walk to FB's having no set plan for going home? Remember, Fayetteville has a rapist on the loose who has struck in that area.
If Kelli had only been to FB once before, would she have contacted NH for a ride? :waitasec:

This detail is important because, if NH suddenly found himself in the position of being alone in his car with cute Kelli, he may not have been able to contain his impulses. My thoughts shifted to the possibility that NH, in that very moment, became an opportunist. Kelli may have walked right into NH's fantasies. To me, that detail makes a huge difference as to how I look at the whole scenario.

~ Lastly, I'd like to applaud the searchers for their perserverance in trying to find Kelli along with having the courage to do so (snakes and briars oh my!).

Me too.
We found out that the FB's owner had stuff to hide. That may be why he didn't come forward in the beginning and speak out taking a more active role in helping to sort out factors of Kelli's disappearance. We also found out about NH's RSO status. Two strikes.
After those circumstances were revealed, I still sense information is being held back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz