NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been wondering where the police got the information that AD sold Shaniya for sexual purposes. Were they told that by Mario? To charge her with that the police must be quite sure of it. Did she admit it herself? If AD's sister Brenda and her kids were living in the mobile home too, what have they told the police, if anything? Where was Brenda on the night/morning that Shaniya was taken by Mario? Where was ADs 7 year old boy? sleeping? Did he see or hear anything or know anything? Did police even question him? So many unknowns!

While most accounts have BD (outside courthouse) merely saying she "doesn't believe charges" and that AD "could never hurt her children," many further quote BD specifically stating AD said she could never do that to her child. Obviously this distinction is only significant insofar as we believe AD was being truthful w her sister (which I'm inclined not to) AND if this is also consistent w what she told LE, as it would rule out solely a confession. After falsely accusing Coe I guess I've just hoped her arrest was based upon something more than MAM's word, thus my belief LE has video surveillance eg. Given it recorded occupant/s who came out "looking around," and like the figure taped returning from Moore's trash walking back to mh it stands to reason w/e took place outside or "in front of mh" (where the warrant indicates MAM took Shaniya) would've also been caught.:crossfingers:

Davis' sister, Brenda Davis, 20, told the Associated Press on Monday that she does not believe the charges.

"I don't believe she could hurt her children," Brenda Davis said. The sisters spoke to each other at the jail Sunday, and Brenda Davis recalled that her sibling said she would not do that to her daughter.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/local/story/1060102.html

:parrot:

I wish I can answer you, but I am busy crying for all the helpless ones. :( It is just tooooo much.
I am afraid that we had some evil before we had the information age; but not as much as it is happening now.
TV, Computers tell us more and faster, but I/we raised in the years of "the flower children" "the peaceniks" used to hitch hick across the USA and nothing happened to any of us. We had some really great times and our kids, and their kids will never have the same experiences. Like jumping in the back of a Jeep and singing our way all the way to LA....:) it was a different morality, a different respect for humanity, a different passion for love and peace, where did it go? If I knew where it went I'd go bring it back. :(

Sigh... let's not go back there friend, some of us (those who managed to survive this era anyway, unlike my bro) don't have such "fond" memories... This "peace, love and understanding" movement can also be credited w ushering in a very permissive era as well as a drug culture. During my adolescent years eg, no eyebrows were raised--much less charges pressed--when I was given LSD, other drugs and alcohol and being sexually abused at age 12 :confused: Sorry OT I just don't wanna gloss over or romanticize things here.... TG my kids have in turn been raised w some sort of appropriate parent-child boundaries, careful supervision, a moral compass, and a clue, geez not tryin to go back there.... :eek:

My granddaughter lives in off post/off base housing and will be returning to Fayetteville tomorrow afternoon. She had gone to D.C. for Thanksgiving. She told me that LE was out all over Fayetteville on Wednesday afternoon when she drove out of town. We were speaking about Shaniya when she called on Thanksgiving Day, and she said she really dreads going back there. She has at least another 10 months of duty there at Pope, and her husband will not be coming back from Afganistan until the beginning of October. She says there is still an air of disbelief in town that this could have happened to such a beautiful child right in their backyard. And like me, she thinks there is more to this than meets the eye just yet.

It is a well known fact that people in the military know to steer clear of places like Sleepy Hollow and certain areas of town. My granddaughter got married in Cumberland County, and little Gabby was born there, so at least two great things happened in Fayetteville. My granddaughter said she would have gladly taken little Shaniya in.

I simply cannot wait for the investigation to be over, but do want LE to be super thorough. They will - they know what they are doing, IMO

"This is a family that was already known to social service workers down there," task force co-chairman Tom Vitaglione said. "They are all very distraught about the whole thing."

The task force is charged with investigating every child death in the state, said Kevin Kelley a spokesman for the state's child welfare services. It will not begin looking into the Davis case until all criminal actions have been resolved or until a year after Shaniya's death, which ever comes later, Kelley said.

The task force will look at when local social services workers first contacted the family, the status of the case and whether proper procedures were followed, Vitaglione said. Investigators also will consider the impact of state and local budget cuts on social service agencies, he said.

While I can understand not interfering w LE's investigation, I guess I am disappointed to learn this task force won't even begin to look at where the breakdowns occurred in Shaniya's case for so long... :(

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...S_NC?SITE=MYPSP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Sigh... let's not go back there friend, some of us (those who managed to survive this era, unlike my bro anyway) don't have such "fond" memories... This "peace, love and understanding" movement can also be credited w ushering in a very permissive era as well as a drug culture. During my adolescent years eg, no eyebrows were raised--much less charges pressed--when I was given LSD, other drugs and alcohol and being sexually abused at age 12 :confused: Sorry OT I just don't wanna gloss over or romanticize things here.... TG my kids have in turn been raised w some sort of appropriate parent-child boundaries, appropriate supervision, a moral compass, and a clue, geez not tryin to go back there.... :eek:

OT-hubby lived in Haight Ashbury at that time off and on. I tell him that he should write a book about what he saw there. Runaways having to prostitute themselves, guns, violence. Lots of stuff.

I was in college at the time. Lots of drugs. I was fortunate that I saw the negatives awfully quick and never got into it. But there were lots and lots of really great kids that were working to stop all kinds of inequities.

We were making a better world, we thought, and in ways we did. But there has been a real down side to it.

We fought for women's rights and now I see elementary girls dressing like hookers. I commented once that some of those outfits indicated sexual abuse. A more knowing person told me it was the style and parents allow it. Won't go into it all.

I hope things swing more to the middle. I don't want a world of ultra conservatives either. It seems like that style leads to all kinds of sexual abuse, drug use, etc. as well.

I agree. I feel like this society only cares about instant-gratification...they are self-absorbed and feel this sense of entitlement that blows my mind. There is no accountability, when someone commits a crime they have "experts" who can point to all the reasons why they are "not responsible". Sentences for convicted crimes are a joke, criminals are given more rights than law-abiding citizens, and innocent children ,seniors, and other vulnerables are left without protection. I dont think we can ever go back. I said it before, I think we are destroying ourselves. I am afraid for us.
That will take me OT for a second but the lack of punishment for crime only creates a revolving door. it does not save the Government money. They kick criminals out of jails to lower the cost? HOW? they only produce a revolving door.
I think a lot of laws need to be changed; when a guy with a pot bust, is in jail for life while a guy who rapes children is out in a few years that IS a joke and should be reversed, they need to switch those 2 laws instantly. it is neither Justice nor is it moral. the legal system does need a hall over.

Going back to your post I do hear you and I too am afraid for us. :(

And this entire case depicts the worst of what has happened to humanity...They do stand upright,
but I don't want to get started.....:snooty: you bet I have judgments.

Songline;Well said,our prisons are full of narcotic offenders that might just benefit from rehab because of mandatory minim laws...while the worst monsters get a slap on the wrist.

OT-hubby lived in Haight Ashbury at that time off and on. I tell him that he should write a book about what he saw there. Runaways having to prostitute themselves, guns, violence. Lots of stuff.

I was in college at the time. Lots of drugs. I was fortunate that I saw the negatives awfully quick and never got into it. But there were lots and lots of really great kids that were working to stop all kinds of inequities.

We were making a better world, we thought, and in ways we did. But there has been a real down side to it.

We fought for women's rights and now I see elementary girls dressing like hookers. I commented once that some of those outfits indicated sexual abuse. A more knowing person told me it was the style and parents allow it. Won't go into it all.

I hope things swing more to the middle. I don't want a world of ultra conservatives either. It seems like that style leads to all kinds of sexual abuse, drug use, etc. as well.

(bbm) It isn't conservatism my friend, wisdom is the principal thing... w/out which people perish. Period. I won't go into it either, but a real down side is putting it mildly IMO. :)

adtwah; I think this was as close to an apology as we will hear from him. I agree with you 100% about what I feel he knew, but hearing this from him sorta made me angry. IMO, a parent just doesn't make this kind of mistake.

It's our job to protect our children 24/7, even if that means telling their other parent "No, you are not in a position to care for her." BL saying AD was trying to get herself together, makes me think he knows a lot more than he has revealed.

AD did not deserve to have Shaniya as a reward for getting herself together, (which we know she in fact didn't have it together, at all).
Shaniya deserved to be cared for by a parent who already had it together, deserved to be protected, loved, nurtured, none of which was available in the care of AD, but all seemed to be given to her while in her father's custody, even if it was Aunt Carey who provided it.

Being allowed to raise her child should have only happened after AD proved to all she had it together and had kept it together. The condition of that carp hole she was living in, was a huge red flag, that she had nothing together. A parent who loved their child would never have asked to bring their child out of a good stable loving home into that squalid box.

Since I started this I have read about the family members who are all saying he knew AD wasn't capable of caring for Shaniya. I am sick beyond words over his lack of concern for the wellbeing of this baby.

Father of N.C. Girl Allegedly Sold for Sex, Then Found Dead Says He Regrets Giving Her Up
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,575459,00.html?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a4:g4:r5:c0.000000:b0:z5

Bradley Lockhart, the father of a 5-year-old girl whose body was found off a rural North Carolina road regrets giving the girl's mother a chance to raise their daughter, even though she seemed to be getting her life together.

A month later, Shaniya Davis was dead, and her mother accused of selling her for sex.

Davis struggled financially over the years, but she recently got a job and her own place, so
Lockhart said he decided to give her a chance with their daughter.

"I should've never let her go over there,"
he said Saturday night

He's comments are very telling, giving her a chance, she seemed to be getting her life together,
she didn't always live in the best of neighborhoods

It seems he wanted to make a change in custody, pronto. AD seemed to have gotten her life together, so that was good enough for him. Although others tried to dissuade him and offered to take in Shaniya, he brushed them off. I can't figure out why he couldn't have let one of them take her in; for some reason he was determined that AD "get the chance to be a mom." But Shaniya was thriving under CLD's care, so one might think that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." AD could have had supervised visits at a neutral location until it could be safely determined that she was up to being a mom. We still don't know who pulled Shaniya out of school, but still it doesn't make sense to make a change in custody in the middle of the semester. Why not wait until Christmas, or even better after the school year is over? There's a lot that just doesn't add up.

Project Safe Childhood marshals federal, state, and local resources to better locate, apprehend, and prosecute individuals who exploit children via the internet, as well as to identify and rescue victims. For more info re Project Safe Childhood, please visit www.projectsafechildhood.gov.

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2008/September/08-opa-845.html

This looks like a step in the right direction. Clearly it is not only children using the internet themselves but those children vulnerable to anyone who would exploit them or commit crimes against them utilizing the internet, who are at risk and which this seeks to protect. While I doubt there was a sophisticated network or ring at play, I'm nevertheless praying Shaniya could not be further victimized in this fashion. :prayer:

Btw we now know half the county has the same last name but I couldn't help be curious re how common it is for anyone--regardless of their last name--to be kept on US Marshal hold w no bond? I guess it could be for any federal offense (drug or weapons trafficking eg) I just wondered because frequently in cases of child trafficking, child *advertiser censored*, SA of a minor etc, marshals will hold in fed custody w/out bond.

It seems he wanted to make a change in custody, pronto. AD seemed to have gotten her life together, so that was good enough for him. Although others tried to dissuade him and offered to take in Shaniya, he brushed them off. I can't figure out why he couldn't have let one of them take her in; for some reason he was determined that AD "get the chance to be a mom." But Shaniya was thriving under CLD's care, so one might think that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." AD could have had supervised visits at a neutral location until it could be safely determined that she was up to being a mom. We still don't know who pulled Shaniya out of school, but still it doesn't make sense to make a change in custody in the middle of the semester. Why not wait until Christmas, or even better after the school year is over? There's a lot that just doesn't add up.

Yes this is what we keep hearing from BL anyway... that "she'd gotten a place of her own" etc. But we know this was the farthest thing from the truth: AD in fact had NOT gotten a place of her own! She had nowhere. Nowhere suitable for the child she already had, and nowhere of her own. Even she--and her seven year old son, were forced to hide out unlawfully, in an already cramped and untenable trailer, in her sister's name, for which eviction proceedings were being initiated.

So in actuality, the better question is, why not wait until one has some iota of proof any of this were true or the slightest indication there is an acceptable alternative? :waitasec:

MSNBC has Sex Slaves in the subs an traffickers kidnap American Girls and coerce them into the sex industry.......but i can't find it !! It is showing that lock up program.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So......do ya'll think after they make any more arrest...or file different charges with the "suspects" that have been arrested.. will they release any info or answer these questions that we get a no comment on now?

Yes this is what we keep hearing from BL anyway... that "she'd gotten a place of her own" etc. But we know this was the farthest thing from the truth: AD in fact had NOT gotten a place of her own! She had nowhere. Nowhere suitable for the child she already had, and nowhere of her own. Even she--and her seven year old son, were forced to hide out unlawfully, in an already cramped and untenable trailer, in her sister's name, for which eviction proceedings were being initiated.

So in actuality, the better question is, why not wait until one has some iota of proof any of this were true or the slightest indication there is an acceptable alternative? :waitasec:

If the people who are now coming forward were telling BL these things before, and offering to take her before SD was sent to live with AD, I think that he didn't want to give them the satisfaction of telling him that he was a bad parent: http://news.mync.com/site/news/stor...a-davis-was-at-risk-and-needed-a-better-home/
If he sent her to his FIL or a friend with a decent home, they would probably expect him to show up and contribute to her support. AD wasn't in a position to criticize anyone's parenting.

mycroft: If the people who are now coming forward were telling BL these things before, and offering to take her before SD was sent to live with AD, I think that he didn't want to give them the satisfaction of telling him that he was a bad parent: http://news.mync.com/site/news/story...a-better-home/
If he sent her to his FIL or a friend with a decent home, they would probably expect him to show up and contribute to her support. AD wasn't in a position to criticize anyone's parenting.

What I don't get is what happen with Aunt C taking care of Shaniya like she had done in the past ? Was there a problem there? Perhaps she was overwhelmed and asked BL for help or something ..then this came about with AD...and that is where the attitude came from BL..H-ll let her stay at AD's her mother is wanting her ..let her take responsibilty for a change.. I got to go to work and I'm tired of always being on call...Everybody wants me to pay them so I have to take this job out of town to pay my all my other chillens child support...........
It just seems strange that all of sudden no matter what or who else wanted Shaniya he said NO .. shes going to AD !! JMO

*NOTE* Please don't flame me about above remarks..I am just throwing this speculation in pot...

mycroft: If the people who are now coming forward were telling BL these things before, and offering to take her before SD was sent to live with AD, I think that he didn't want to give them the satisfaction of telling him that he was a bad parent: http://news.mync.com/site/news/story...a-better-home/

What I don't get is what happen with Aunt C taking care of Shaniya like she had done in the past ? Was there a problem there? Perhaps she was overwhelmed and asked BL for help or something ..then this came about with AD...and that is where the attitude came from BL..H-ll let her stay at AD's her mother is wanting her ..let her take responsibilty for a change.. I got to go to work and I'm tired of always being on call...Everybody wants me to pay them so I have to take this job out of town to pay my all my other chillens child support...........
It just seems strange that all of sudden no matter what or who else wanted Shaniya he said NO .. shes going to AD !! JMO

*NOTE* Please don't flame me about above remarks..I am just throwing this speculation in pot...

We never heard the story about school. I didn't know that you could just remove a kid from school. Maybe she's too young to be compelled to go. If she was being abused regularly with burns and/or other acts, maybe she was beginning to be vocal about it with other people. The allegations in these stories are painful stuff, not just neglect. There are way too many stories here from too many people for BL not to be aware of enough to keep her away. He's definitely culpable here if these statements of alternatives are true. I don't see what these people would gain by lying.

We know that Shaniya wasn't in school while living with her mother, but was her 7 year old brother going to school during that time period? Does anyone know? Did he go to a different school from the one Shaniya went to?

Please follow this link and sign this petition, calling for stricter punishment for convicted pedophiles...every signature counts! We have to protect our innocent children!!
http://www.petitiononline.com/USA064/petition.html

I just signed this and was the 799 person...I truly believe if every member of WS would sign it it would really help.
We need tougher laws to protect the children

Please sign it NOW!!

If it were me I would edit my post and not give out what # signer you are cause anyone can get your real name and address when they click view signatures...
you can never be too careful sister ...

IMO.....I get the impression that BL just wanted to get rid of Shaniya and get her completely out of his life. He could just send a check and restart his life elsewhere without anyone questioning him about having a relationship with Shaniya or her interfering with his new life/girlfriend. I don't understand how he could possibly think AD had gotten her life together in 6 months when she has a history of involvement with drugs and several evictions behind her. BL never even checked on AD's current living situation. If he was looking out for Shaniya it seems he had people nearby that he knew and trusted offering to give her a home. He did not choose those options and Aunt C seemed to think Shaniya was just going to spend a weekend with AD. Seems to me like there was more thought in not choosing better options for Shaniya.

I don't mean to bash BL. I am sure he is suffering from this tragic loss. But I am having a hard time feeling sympathetic with all the inconsistencies from the one night stand to not knowing AD used drugs and the child services investigation (but his older daughter knew), and then asking for money to help bury Shaniya.

Is it a "hinky" meter everyone refers to here? Mine is off the charts on this.

If it were me I would edit my post and not give out what # signer you are cause anyone can get your real name and address when they click view signatures...
you can never be too careful sister ...

Nostoneunturned...THANK YOU!!!!!

You can also make it private, ie sign with a first name and not all specifics for address. There are different options.

Hope to see more signatures!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member