NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the local news source this morning someone posted and in that artical it it stated LE needed the mattress to have Zahra's scent. As a matter of fact I think it was a quote from someone from LE.

I can search if you like

Yes, please if you could. The way I read what you said was like they had trailed from the house (using the mattress) to the leg and then back to the house, or something like that. If I am even close then they are off their rocker, HRD dogs don't trail like that. There are only a handful of HRD dogs in the nation that can actually match HR scents. The vast majority of them find the scent of human decomp, any human decomp.

It was the reporters own interpretation why they took the mattress. It wasn't a quote from LE. You don't need a mattress for a scent object.
You take the sheets, the pillowcases, a stuffed animal, pajamas they last wore.

"saying search dogs" That clearly tells me the writer is telling what a cop told her. And since we know that mattress wasn't the one they thought it was, and then LE was really looking for that mattress a lot, this would lead credence to wanting the mattress for her scent. For all we know none of her clothes or anything was in that house. We don't know!

ewsChannel 36 saw crews removing Zahra's mattresses and bed railings, saying search dogs will use these to constantly have her scent.

my lips are sealed on the chipper debate. I have devoted a week now to making my position clear on that and it would be useless to continue, we all think whatever we all think, but at this point in the search, to continue going round and round IMO is counterproductive. Ya'll can debate it til the cows come on home, but I for one, have nothing to add that I haven't already said.

Off to try to catch up on whatever I missed while at work.

Hickory’s Street Maintenance Supervisor Doug Dupel used a backhoe to gently scrape through layer after layer of mulch and chipped limbs in the backyard of the house the Bakers rented. Hickory investigators David Rockett and Rob Burwell spent the day sifting through leaves and mulch in the back yard with rakes.

They used pink flags to mark where they’d been.

“It’s right there. It’s right where your stick is,” Dupel said.

The investigators stopped digging while Inv. Mike Beach shot a picture of the item then got a plastic evidence bag about the size of a Ziploc sandwich bag. He labeled the bag, tucked a piece of evidence inside and stowed it in the back of his Crime Scene Investigations SUV.

The scene was repeated throughout the day.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/29/more-evidence-taken-home-ar-492127/

Read the article, it's talking about the work site, where Adam worked. It's NOT talking about the house where they lived.

Sorry, I took it to mean the lot at the Hickory home and the neighbor there. See bolded by me. Maybe I am wrong.

"Monday evening's search was the second time investigators have been out to the lot north of Hickory where the girl's father, Adam Baker, worked, said Nancy Webb, who lives next door to the site. Baker would help his employer bring piles of wood and brush to the lot, where it was dumped into a wood chipper and turned into mulch, Webb said."

Yes, please if you could. The way I read what you said was like they had trailed from the house (using the mattress) to the leg and then back to the house, or something like that. If I am even close then they are off their rocker, HRD dogs don't trail like that. There are only a handful of HRD dogs in the nation that can actually match HR scents. The vast majority of them find the scent of human decomp, any human decomp.

thank you sarx! And tracking live scent is not like hitting on Human remains... correct? two totally different job descriptions for search dogs...

scent dogs sniff a scent and follow it ((and an entire mattress would not be needed...))

hrd dogs alert on human remains in general... on the chemicals produced by the decomposing human body... cadaverine and putricine. Which are not specific to any one person

Just trying to understand here but can you please explain to me how blood on a wood chipper, whether on the engine or on blade should be discounted? Yes, it "could" have come from a cut on the hand and it "could" have come from a murder....

If you could explain to me, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
:twocents:
Because there's a shadow of a doubt, and we're not talking about finding the body. We're talking about prosecution?

JMO

my lips are sealed on the chipper debate. I have devoted a week now to making my position clear on that and it would be useless to continue, we all think whatever we all think, but at this point in the search, to continue going round and round IMO is counterproductive. Ya'll can debate it til the cows come on home, but I for one, have nothing to add that I haven't already said.

Off to try to catch up on whatever I missed while at work.

Ditto... I have no dog in this fight.

Pun intended. HA!

Well it's like this...this is a discussion board. Key word DISCUSSION, and I reckon that means we are a'posed to discuss. So if'n someone wants to discuss the woodchipper, I reckon' we can. Cause for skippy be bop sure, they are going through da' mulch, so something went through da' thing.

One of the local news source this morning someone posted and in that artical it it stated LE needed the mattress to have Zahra's scent. As a matter of fact I think it was a quote from someone from LE.

I can search if you like

I can't for the life of me understand why LE would need to track down a mattress to obtain her scent. She lived in that house, her scent would be on objects all over the place. Now, if individuals have unique scents from other individuals during decompostion, maybe. But I've never heard of that.

I know this is totally off topic, but just thought I would throw it out here while I was thinking about it. What are the odds that EB may ever end up in jail, but rather a psych ward? People close to her have said she is a liar, but perhaps her defense team will argue she is delusional, thus insane? Has there been in indication she was using any psychotropic meds?

Hickory’s Street Maintenance Supervisor Doug Dupel used a backhoe to gently scrape through layer after layer of mulch and chipped limbs in the backyard of the house the Bakers rented. Hickory investigators David Rockett and Rob Burwell spent the day sifting through leaves and mulch in the back yard with rakes.

They used pink flags to mark where they’d been.

“It’s right there. It’s right where your stick is,” Dupel said.

The investigators stopped digging while Inv. Mike Beach shot a picture of the item then got a plastic evidence bag about the size of a Ziploc sandwich bag. He labeled the bag, tucked a piece of evidence inside and stowed it in the back of his Crime Scene Investigations SUV.

The scene was repeated throughout the day.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/29/more-evidence-taken-home-ar-492127/

BBM Who would ever think they would hear those words in the same sentence - especially in the context of the search for a missing child...

GOD Bless these searchers and please help them find Zehra.

Well it's like this...this is a discussion board. Key word DISCUSSION, and I reckon that means we are a'posed to discuss. So if'n someone wants to discuss the woodchipper, I reckon' we can. Cause for skippy be bop sure, they are going through da' mulch, so something went through da' thing.
LOL... and we all know what happens during the lull! Teh.. you crack me up!

I know most would have no way of knowing, so let me try and explain.

You would not take a bed rail and a mattress to have continually for scent. This is just about the craziest thing I have ever heard. A scent article needs to be portable, something small that you can access over and over and a mattress and a bed rail clearly are not.

As for HRD dogs using a scent article. This is not the norm. It is true that there are a few dogs in the US (and I mean like less than a dozen). That have been trained to do specific scent HRD work. Meaning they would match say a sock or swatch that was know to be in contact with the person when or after they died and then the dog would only alert on that persons remains/fragments/etc. This again though is not the way 99% of HRD dogs work, this is a very elite group and how many of them do it effectively is even a bigger question. I say that because training for this and being able to tell the difference in alerts and reliability of those alerts gets very tricky. So, even if this type of dog was on scene, they still would not go carting off the mattress or the bed rails for them.

Sorry, I took it to mean the lot at the Hickory home and the neighbor there. See bolded by me. Maybe I am wrong.

"Monday evening's search was the second time investigators have been out to the lot north of Hickory where the girl's father, Adam Baker, worked, said Nancy Webb, who lives next door to the site. Baker would help his employer bring piles of wood and brush to the lot, where it was dumped into a wood chipper and turned into mulch, Webb said."

It's where he worked, not where they lived where they were searching on that Monday.

There is a houses/houses that are there on that work lot, so I am sure one of those is the neighbor above. Here is a Aeriel shot:
http://www.wcnc.com/home/Police-searching--104818544.html?gallery=y&c=y&img=6#gallery-image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oOoJodieoOo