NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this doesn't violate the prohibtion against talking about London Dude (since I'm not speculating as to his person, etc), but I saw this discussed on another news forum. How do we know "London" means the UK? Was this ever stated by anyone?
Here are some "London's" in the USA:

London, OH
London, TX
London, AR
London, MO
London, Uninc Conecuh County, AL
London, Uninc Shelby County, IN
London, Deerfield, WI
London, Uninc Tulare County, CA
London, MI
New London, NC

There is also London, Ontario, Canada which is about 13 hours away by car. Could explain the contents in the car, including the passports.

Just on WSOC TV, they reported that today LE said they DID find what they were looking for but they will not elaborate. They then headed back to Caldwell county.

Have we heard any more about this? And what do yall think it was????? :waitasec:

Ditto... I have no dog in this fight.

Pun intended. HA!

BBM
I almost said that last night but then I was worried I'd open up the whole fed her to the dogs debate, and lordy don't even get me started on my thoughts as to what a leap THAT theory is at this point!

In some countries, the govt.will pay transportation, along with medical costs. Anyone know if that's true for australia?

I doubt it, I just can't imagine the Australian Govt having 747's or A380 Airbus on standby to fly someone to Australia to change a bandage and adjust a prosthetic.

OK, I'm writing all these long drawn out explanations. Hold on.
Did I read somewhere that a new mattress was purchased on the 7th?

I have one concern about the car in water theory, although it can be possible but why would anyone bother to throw a prosthetic in the brush on the side of a road when it could have been just as easy to dump everything in the car if it were going lakeside.

I have a question too - could the car have been junked? And if it was, are they normally searched first or simply sent through the crusher?

I didn't see this posted so forgive if it is a duplicate, please

Search for Zahra being scaled back after week of progress
Officials say it has been a week of progress with the prosthetic leg being found, a mattress in question being discovered at the landfill and Elisa Baker talking with police.

Despite that, they say a lot of work is still ahead before they have the answers to the mystery surrounding the disappearance of the ten year old girl.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

OK, I'm writing all these long drawn out explanations. Hold on.
Did I read somewhere that a new mattress was purchased on the 7th?

I've never seen an exact date for the purchase of the mattress.

I have a question too - could the car have been junked? And if it was, are they normally searched first or simply sent through the crusher?

I doubt they are searched, but I would assume you'd have to sign the title over.

Ok, so by this from last night's thread:
Originally Posted by Valhall
Correction, Zahra was REPORTED missing on the 9th. The old mattress was allegedly disposed of before or on the 7th and the new mattress purchased on the 7th.

Then it would have been a new mattress in the house correct? In that case why would they be taking a new mattress (or any piece of it for that fact) to use for the dogs?

Just further shredding that piece of reporting.....

I know this is totally off topic, but just thought I would throw it out here while I was thinking about it. What are the odds that EB may ever end up in jail, but rather a psych ward? People close to her have said she is a liar, but perhaps her defense team will argue she is delusional, thus insane? Has there been in indication she was using any psychotropic meds?

Insane people don't cover up crimes, as a rule, as they don't know what they did is wrong; at least this is one of the two legal definitions, I believe, that have to be met. So she would have theoretically killed Zahra, and not hidden her body, for example and just gone about her business.

I think the few that get insanity are the ones who go about their lives with the loved one decomposing in another room...not writing kidnapping notes, etc.

I know this is totally off topic, but just thought I would throw it out here while I was thinking about it. What are the odds that EB may ever end up in jail, but rather a psych ward? People close to her have said she is a liar, but perhaps her defense team will argue she is delusional, thus insane? Has there been in indication she was using any psychotropic meds?

The burden to prove legal insanity is actually quite high. Pathological lying, manipulation and delusions of grandeur are all symptoms of several cluster b personality disorders - including antisocial personality disorder and narcissistic personality disorder. Personality disorders don't come anywhere close to the legal requirements. I believe NC follows the M'Naughten rule but its late here and I'm too tired to look for a link for that.

Here's a general link on using an insanity defence:
http://www.enotes.com/everyday-law-encyclopedia/insanity-defense

I think her defence team will look for mitigating factors - instead of calling her insane they'll reference what childhood trauma led to her alleged drug abuse, etc. JMHO and FWIW

Has this already been posted?
I can hardly catch this thread.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/29/1796464/search-for-zahra-baker-returns.html

CALDWELL COUNTY, N.C. - Officers investigating the disappearance of 10-year-old Zahra Baker have returned to the location where they found a prosthetic leg earlier this week.
Investigators have expanded a search area along Christie Road outside of Hudson.

The Caldwell County Sheriff's Office would not say why searchers have returned to that area.

I can't for the life of me understand why LE would need to track down a mattress to obtain her scent. She lived in that house, her scent would be on objects all over the place. Now, if individuals have unique scents from other individuals during decompostion, maybe. But I've never heard of that.

We don't know what of hers is still there, there was a report in local news that there were remnants of burned fabric, after the back yard fire - EB may have destroyed everything Zahra owned just so there was no trace of her left!

A jacket, sweater or pj's that were washed or items used by everyone in the family like a fabric couch would not help the dogs would it? Doesn't the scent need to be unique to the victim alone?

Ok, so by this from last night's thread:
Originally Posted by Valhall
Correction, Zahra was REPORTED missing on the 9th. The old mattress was allegedly disposed of before or on the 7th and the new mattress purchased on the 7th.

Then it would have been a new mattress in the house correct? In that case why would they be taking a new mattress (or any piece of it for that fact) to use for the dogs?

Just further shredding that piece of reporting.....

I don't believe the post you're referring to was ever backed by a MSM link, though one was requested; if it was, I did not see it. Also, there's a question if the adverb "allegedly" pertains to the "disposed of" only, or to the "purchased on the 7th" as well.

thank you sarx! And tracking live scent is not like hitting on Human remains... correct? two totally different job descriptions for search dogs...

scent dogs sniff a scent and follow it ((and an entire mattress would not be needed...))

hrd dogs alert on human remains in general... on the chemicals produced by the decomposing human body... cadaverine and putricine. Which are not specific to any one person

Correct. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member