Found Deceased ND - Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind, 22, pregnant, Fargo, 19 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word on what time they will hold the press conference? Locals, is LE still processing the scene?

Hope it's online after. I have to pick my son up from preschool at 11. Fingers crossed that they give us some info. And I hope those psychos are talking.

They don't even know for 100% certainty that it is her baby. I'm not sure why you guys don't get that. It's highly likely to be hers but until there is proof the family has no right to her. And all of this about her emotional wellbeing... show her presumed dad a picture for her sake? Come on. I would argue that it is unfair to her emotional wellbeing to spend time with people who may not be her family, on the off chance she belongs to someone else and has the bonds she forms with this family severed. That'd just be trumatizing her further. Right?

Nothing will be hurt by waiting a few more days. Babies are born and separated from their parents for plenty of reasons and don't get to bond right away, or get most of their early days under the care of nurses, and they are fine. I do foster care for ages 0-2y and pick up babies from the hospital after they have been in the hospital nursery after being separated by CPS, or abandoned by the mom in one case. They have no trouble bonding with me, and they all seem bonded to their adoptive parents when they leave my home and go to them sometimes months later.

Question...If it turns out this isn't Savanna's baby will you guys still think CPS should have let the family bond with her?

As someone else has said, yes, it is crucial to the newborn's wellbeing that she be close to those whose voices she heard while in utero. Again, she should not be released to them prior to identification. But all this nonsense about "what if she's not?" Is just nonsense, IMO.

And the photo wouldn't be for her own well being. It would be for the well being of those who lost Savanna. A little compassion and common sense used in bureacracy is actually a good thing.

Also, someone posted that the baby is fine. Let's find Savanna. I disagree that the baby is "fine". She has been taken from her family. Also, what about them? Doesn't anyone think that their ability to see her and hold her might help them focus on a ray of hope in the middle of the blackness?

Finally, it is actually possible to both find Savanna and connect her family to her child. In fact, different agencies were involved in each task.

Her poor boyfriend and mother... my heart is breaking. Hug your loved ones a little tighter tonight. There are true monsters out there.

Oh man. I just read. The horror of this case is incomprehensible. I don't know how anyone could think of such a thing and then to carry it out? It's psychotic. The bleakness her family and boyfriend face. There's no real justice, as someone else said, in a case like this. Those people are beyond disturbed.

90th Avenue in Clay County suspicious items that may be a crime scene at the farmstead
Kayakers found the body

I wonder if Savanna was still carrying her baby when they found her body. Such tremendous horrific news.

They are still at the scene now and autopsy still going on
Will appear this afternoon on formal charges

Body found wrapped in plastic and duct tape, caught on tree.
Abandoned farmstead is in Clay Co, MN.
Possible crimes scene there. Clay County, MN has jurisdiction and is processing the scene.

2 pm today informed of their charges, bail will be set
scheduled for further hearings
no plea will be asked at that time

County attorney states arraignment will be at 2pm---conspiracy to commit murder, conspiracy to commit kidnapping, giving false information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member