GUILTY NE - Kailee Clapp, 14, McCook, 13 Jan 2011

Ugh, some of the comments on that article disgust me. It's probably just trolling, but I am so sick of the "blame the victim" mentality. It breaks my heart to see her name dragged through the mud.

The post by Chris E, I am really thankful (but it's a little too late) that some of these children/teens are starting to realize their deficiencies when relating or socializing with their peers. I am not saying what Chris E is saying holds any water at all, but if he learns anything from this it is you should treat everyone the same way you would want to be treated.

Also, I too STRONGLY disagree with blaming the victim here. If she knew him or not, or was dating him or not, or if she went out of the house or not.... either way you look at it.... does any of that mean cause for murder?

No, it doesn't - and it never, ever will.

Anyone arguing that it does, or it should, probably can't cope with leaving their home ever. What a horrible world they must live in, in that case. Then, that sort of explains why they are spewing their fear and hate online.

The perp is supposed to be arraigned today at 11:30a in NE..Is there a live stream & what is the time diff to the east coast? tia

eta..I'm surprised so few posters here are following this case.

Interesting post on this article http://www.truecrimereport.com/2011/01/kailee_clapp.php
at - Posted 01/27/2011 at 01:05:02 AM

I knew he was from NM but not the rest of it..This poster admits his part in the 'bullying' back in the day & to feeling guilty about it now..He even feels he may be partly responsible..Whether or not that's what may have helped to cause S to become a "killer" we'll never know but I still give this poster a ton of credit for stepping up like he has.

S telling ppl he "helped a friend kill a girl" reminds me of MC's perp CW..He also bragged about "killing a girl" before Mack was killed..Now I wonder what his 'school days' were like..I can see the same scenario if at that time he was as 'odd' as he appears to be now..There are studies that are making some kind of connection but regardless there's never any excuse good enough to commit MURDER!

Wow, glad to see the charge carries a minimum of life without parole...

So Kailee's family was not at his arraignment. I wonder if they had any desire to be there? I hope it would have been worked out if they wanted to be.

I hope that her family is doing okay after her funeral and the arraignment in the same day.

18 year old Stathis Kirkpatrick of Bartley was charged with first degree murder at the Red Willow County Court House on Thursday morning. The charge, if convicted, carries a maximum sentence of death or a minimum sentence of life with out parole. Kirkpatrick was also charged with use of a deadly weapon to commit a felony, which is a Class 2 felony. He was also charged with tampering with evidence which is a Class 4 felony and unlawful burial of a human body which is also a Class 4 felony

http://www.plainsreporter.com/page/nebraska_news

We were in Colorado today so didn't get to attend the Memorial Service.
There are earlier postings of it on this thread.

Here is the latest we saw about the perp in the McCook Gazette.

http://www.mccookgazette.com/story/1698473.html

Normally McCook houses their prisoners in the Decatur County jail in KS but you can bet your last dollar this is not where they are keeping the Perp. Probably North Platte.

So very tragic. He sounds like a looney toons. What better way to handle a kid with mental illness than to send him off to his grandparents in the sticks?

Jeez.

I don't think he is crazy, I think he is just evil, some young people just are and we don't always know why. He must have lured this girl out of her bed with the intent to kill her. I am not much of a death penalty advocate, but some people deserve nothing else.

I don't think he is crazy, I think he is just evil, some young people just are and we don't always know why. He must have lured this girl out of her bed with the intent to kill her. I am not much of a death penalty advocate, but some people deserve nothing else.

I agree, but I definitely think he is crazy. There is a reason his folks sent him away. Sadly, I don't believe that was the right move.

"Stathis had a 'thing' for Kailee," explained Ebert. "He wanted to date her, but she didn't want to date him."

She said she knows he was on drugs on early Friday morning; when he kidnapped Kailee, used a knife to kill her and then burn her body. "I know he was on a lot of drugs because he called one of our friends and was like, 'Do you want to do [drugs] with me?' and she was like, 'no,' and that was the night Kailee came up missing."

http://www.nebraska.tv/Global/story.asp?S=13924762

It said he called Kailee the night she disappeared, that they may have had a romantic relationship.

That blood was found in his truck, on his clothes and on his bed.

And, that he changed his story after multiple interviews with police.

Kirkpatrick says that night Kailee told him they shouldn't talk on the phone anymore, because it would make her boyfriend mad.

The officer wrote, "I asked Stathis if there was any way I could help her. He told me that it was too late to help her."

Police say Kirkpatrick told them that her burnt body could be found in the Bartley cemetery.

Kirkpatrick is due back in court at 9:00 am on Februrary 11th.

http://www.khastv.com/news/local/Affidavit-reveals-disturbing-details-in-McCook-murder-case.html

Why are there no charges for desecration of a human body or arson if he burned her?

But this lengthy police affidavit from the McCook Police Department paints a different picture of the teenager.

It said he called Kailee the night she disappeared, that they may have had a romantic relationship.

That blood was found in his truck, on his clothes and on his bed.

And, that he changed his story after multiple interviews with police.

Police said Kailee's cell phone showed 2 incoming phone calls from a subject labeled "Steph" at 2:54 AM the night she disappeared.
Steph ended up being Kirkpatrick.

Kirkpatrick says that night Kailee told him they shouldn't talk on the phone anymore, because it would make her boyfriend mad.

And Kailee's last post on facebook read, "I was scared to answer loves call but since I did for you, you better make the fall."

The officer wrote, "I asked Stathis if there was any way I could help her. He told me that it was too late to help her."

Police say Kirkpatrick told them that her burnt body could be found in the Bartley cemetery.

Then, "Stathis began to act in a bizarre manner, crying, saying she is dead, and petting and kissing a wall."

http://www.khastv.com/news/local/Affidavit-reveals-disturbing-details-in-McCook-murder-case.html

OK so there is blood on his bed???? And there was a pool of blood in the alley not for from her house?? I have to think that the alley is where Kailee was murdered so did he bring her to his home afterwards? I'm getting some ugly images here. He starts kissing and petting the wall when he tells police that she is dead???? Very ugly images....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back