GUILTY NE - Kailee Clapp, 14, McCook, 13 Jan 2011

He definitely has mental problems, but may not be insane, at least not the legal definition of it.
OTOH, how many sane people go around slaughtering young girls?

He definitely has mental problems, but may not be insane, at least not the legal definition of it.
OTOH, how many sane people go around slaughtering young girls?

True and I guess time will tell. He sounds like an idiot too.

This kid is a piece of work. What did he expect this young girl to do? It sounds like he was trying to make her feel like it was all her fault he was in jail.

http://www.lexch.com/articles/2011/01/28/news/regional/doc4d430a7815967555942862.txt

When confronted with the evidence, and the fact police knew he wasn't at his girlfriend's, Kirkpatrick asked to speak with his grandmother and his girlfriend. In the conversation with his girlfriend, he ended the relationship, telling her he would be in prison for a long time. The report states he told his girlfriend "she screwed him over by saying he was not at her house."

That should be standard in a First Degree Murder case.

"Judge Paine revoked Kirkpatrick's bond and ordered that he be held without bail."

I like that Judge!!!!

A door leading from Kailee Clapp's room into an alley was not closed completely.

Detective Kinne met again with Nora Clapp, who showed him a possible bloodstain in the alley behind her home. Nora Clapp told Kinne she had discovered the stain while taking the trash out. Samples of the stain were collected and hair evidence was discovered.

Kirkpatrick was asked by police about his activities in the morning, during the conversation he revealed he owned a truck. Police asked for, and were given, permission by Kirkpatrick to search his truck. A substance suspected to be blood was found in the back of his truck.

Not being able to explain the presence of what appeared to be blood in his truck, officers requested Kirkpatrick go back inside the police station. While re-examining Kirkpatrick, Detective Kinne noticed that tread on Kirkpatrick's shoes matched shoeprints found in the alley behind Kailee Clapp's house. The shoes were taken as evidence. Kirkpatrick was then arrested.

Permission to search the room Kirkpatrick slept in was given by Solberg. A search located suspected bloodstains on a shirt, jeans, a belt and a comforter.

http://www.lexch.com/articles/2011/01/28/news/regional/doc4d430a7815967555942862.txt

Later, under questioning, Kirkpatrick told a police investigator that Kailee had called him and when he went to her house, he discovered an unknown male attacking Kailee in the alley behind her home, that he had tried to attack the male subject, who then hit Kailee with his pickup.

Kirkpatrick told the officer that he put Kailee in the bed of his own pickup to take her to the hospital, but the unknown male attacked Kirkpatrick, hit Kirkpatrick with his pickup and put Kailee's body in his own pickup.

Kirkpatrick told officers he chased the male, at speeds up to 90 miles an hour, to the Bartley cemetery, where the male burned Kailee's body.

Kirkpatrick told officers he did not think of calling for help while he was chasing the male subject.

http://www.mccookgazette.com/story/1698851.html

I'm sorry.... but if this wasn't such a horrible case, this would be comical in it's stupidity. Because someone is totally going to just let you watch them kill and burn a body... and not kill you as well?

I will qualify this as an opinion but I believe it is a valid assessment of the judge and the prosecutor.

The prosecutor is incompetent and the judge in this case is a disaster. All one has to do is listen to the McCook residents recite a litany of past offenders that have committed major and repeated crimes and let go with a slap on the wrist by this judge and this prosecutor. This investigation was conducted by someone along the lines of Lieutenant Columbo and the local LE is pretty famous for botching some other investigations. Don't expect a talented CSI group to be working on this case.

The judge did revoke the perp's bail as if she had not the locals would have been hollering for her head. Most likely the trial will be moved and I would expect the local prosecutor to let the perp plea bargain to a life sentence. That way the local prosecutor does not have to expose his incompetence in a jury trial.

4th offense DWI's (Driving while intoxicated) walk out the door and get back in their car when he is the prosecutor.

My 2 cents.

My assumption on the blood in his bed is that it came from his clothes. His clothes were soaked in blood, or had enough blood on them to not dry completely on the ride home. He comes home (to his uncle's house) and goes right to bed. Blood from the clothes transfers to the bed.

Bed -Flat Back of the Pickup?

But it also said comforter...

"Permission to search the room Kirkpatrick slept in was given by Solberg. A search located suspected bloodstains on a shirt, jeans, a belt and a comforter."

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1768194832[/url]

Hi, I am new to this site, but have been following this story from the beginning. There is something that is really bothering me about "Kailee's" last post on facebook and I need to share.

I worked for At&t for 3 1/2 years, in the porting department. I worked offline to assist with port fallout. (Porting is when you want to transfer your cell phone number from one company to another.) I know quite about about At&t and their contract with Apple for the iPhone.

I just want to point out two things.

1. How did Kailee post a status update on Facebook via iPhone, when At&t does not have coverage in the 69001 zip code? Did Kailee have an iPhone? If she did, she would have had to have a cell phone number that was outside of McCook NE.

(As a side note, I looked up which company owned Nora's cell phone number - which is listed in the first post on this thread - via Searchbug.com http://www.searchbug.com/tools/landline-or-cellphone.aspx?fullphone=(308)+340-1744
Verizon is the carrier for Nora's cell phone.) It seems unrealistic to me that Nora would have gone out of McCook and purchased an iPhone with an expensive data plan for her 14 year old daughter. It would make more sense that Kailee was an additional line on a family share plan with her mom.

2. The initial post on this site was posted at 4:30 in the AM on Saturday Jan 22. If the Facebook status was copied and pasted into this thread in real time, that would mean that post was written 22 hours prior. That time would be 6:30 AM on Friday Jan 21. According to a couple of news articles that I have seen, Stathis was reportedly at his Uncle's house between 4-4:30 AM, having already supposedly committed the crime. Correct me if I am incorrect.. but how could Kailee have updated her Facebook status via iPhone at 6:30 AM if she was already deceased? The timeline does not add up if you ask me.

I could be over analyzing things, but being a former At&t employee this information struck me as odd.

My heart goes out to the Clapp family and I have been praying non-stop since I heard about all of this.

I am not sure if anything can be done or looked into.. but does anyone else think it's odd that the Facebook status was updated via iPhone? How many people in McCook have an iPhone, especially considering the fact that At&t does not offer coverage in McCook... just a thought.

I have an iTouch with is basically an iPhone with no phone capability. When I post on Facebook, it says posted from an iPhone, like Kailee's. Maybe she had an iTouch. That would explain it.

Welcome to Websleuths, livllov! :takeabow:A very interesting first post.

Posts to FB age 24 hours, then change and show the day of the week and the time, and then they change to show the date and time that the post was made. If we could see Kailee's FB now, we would know when the post was made.

The OP here quoting Kailee's FB post might have been copied to a word processor or clipboard, and when it was copied to here, it would still say 22 hours ago, is that correct?

My heart aches for Kailee, her family and her friends. Makes no sense, none at all.

Stathis:

20110204_045201_stathis_GALLERY.jpg

Accused of Murder: Kirkpatrick's Story, Told by Family

Posted: Feb 12, 2011 03:34 PM
Updated: Feb 12, 2011 03:41 PM

The extended family of Stathis Kirkpatrick, 18, accused of the first-degree murder of Kailee Clapp, 14, is speaking out to NTV, saying Kikpatrick has struggled mentally for a long time.

Early Life and New Mexico

Born in California, Kirkpatrick moved with his mother to Truth and Consequences, New Mexico, at a young age.

Before his third birthday, his aunt—Christine Scott of McCook—said he became a key witness in an investigation. "I had a little girl that was five months and three days old that was beaten to death by a babysitter," recalled Scott. "[Kirkpatrick and his cousin] were there when it had happened. To this day, it affects my son, and it affects Stathis."

more here

http://www.nebraska.tv/Global/story.asp?S=14018751

several new articles

http://www.mccookgazette.com/topic/kaileeclapp/

Kirkpatrick committed for mental health treatment (09/22/11)
McCOOK, Nebraska -- The 19-year-old Bartley, Nebraska, man accused of killing a McCook girl in January has been deemed mentally incompetent to stand trial. Red Willow County District Judge David W. Urbom Monday committed Stathis Kirkpatrick to the Lincoln Regional Health Center for mental health treatment until he is considered competent to stand trial for the murder of 14-year-old Kailee Nichole Clapp...

http://www.mccookgazette.com/story/1766213.html

McCOOK, Nebraska -- The 19-year-old Bartley, Nebraska, man accused of killing a McCook girl in January has been deemed mentally incompetent to stand trial.
Red Willow County District Judge David W. Urbom Monday committed Stathis Kirkpatrick to the Lincoln Regional Health Center for mental health treatment until he is considered competent to stand trial for the murder of 14-year-old Kailee Nichole Clapp.

Kirkpatrick's defense attorneys earlier this month cited a recent psychological examination indicating that Kirkpatrick was not competent to stand trial.

http://www.mccookgazette.com/story/1891294.html

The Bartley, Nebraska, man charged with the killing of 14-year-old Kailee Clapp of McCook in January 2011 changed his not guilty and not guilty by reason of insanity pleas to "no contest" this morning, and will be sentenced Nov. 20 on a single charge of first degree premeditated murder.

The remaining charge, the premeditated murder/felony murder of Kailee Clapp, is punishable by life imprisonment.

Kailee Clapp's mother, Nora, reported her daughter missing early Jan. 21, 2011; the last time she was seen at her home at 212 E. Fifth was about 10 p.m., Jan. 20. An investigation into her disappearance led McCook police to blood stains in the alley behind Kailee's home, and, after questioning Kirkpatrick, who was believed at that time to have information about Kailee's whereabouts, to more blood in the bed and on the tailgate of Kirkpatrick's pickup, in Kirkpatrick's bedroom at his uncle's house in Bartley, on Kirkpatrick's clothing and on a ring belonging to Clapp found in Kirkpatrick's jeans pocket.

The plea agreement indicates that officers found evidence of a series of electronic text messages between Kailee and Kirkpatrick starting at 3:04 a.m., Jan. 21. In one text, they agreed to meet at the top of the alley behind her home.

The agreement also indicates that during questioning, Kirkpatrick told officers that he had contact with Kailee early that morning, that her body could be found at the Bartley cemetery and that it was "too late" to help her.

Officers founds Kailee's burned body in the Bartley cemetery.

An autopsy by Dr. David Jaskierny shows burning and charring of 82 percent of Kailee's body, a cut or stab wound on her right cheek and an area suspicious of a cutting wound on her right chin and/or jaw line. Dr. Jaskieny's opinion is that Clapp's death was "homicide caused by the combination of a sharp force injury to the right side of the face and burning/charring of her body with evidence of smoke inhalation."

Kailee's clothing was examined at the Nebraska State Patrol Laboratory and tested positive for gasoline and an ignitable liquid such as charcoal lighter fluid.

During the late evening hours of Jan. 20, Kirkpatrick was seen holding a knife outside of the McCook Walmart store, and at approximately 9:06 a.m., on Jan. 21, he bought two bottles of charcoal lighter fluid at the Casey's convenience store in Cambridge, Nebraska.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back