Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 - #3

Discussion in 'Trials' started by LisaWL7TR, Nov 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. molly1255

molly1255 Well-Known Member

I think he is probably as twisted and demented as Charlie Manson, but the world has changed a lot since 1969 and there have been so many hideous murders since then.

The "mystery" behind what makes people who
    murder tick has pretty much been determined and accepted that they are antisocial, narcissistic and often illegal drug use is involved.

AT is not "special". He's in a pool with a lot of murderers. He'll never get the national notoriety of Manson and in Nebraska, he's not going down in history as Starkweather and Fugate did. JMO.

He's a disgusting narcissistic sociopath (or psychopath) who murdered a completely innocent and beautiful young woman. It's time for him to pull up his big boy pants and accept the consequences, and it's time for him to accept that his tantrums are not going to prevent BB from paying consequences for her role in this.

JMO

Niner, Hazelnutty, bluenoser and 6 others like this.
  2. Kittybunny

Kittybunny Well-Known Member

It'd be laughable if poor Sydney's family wasn't being re-victimized by this jerk.

Anyone remember some Saturday Night Live skits with Jon Lovitz and John Lithgow as overdramatic actors where they would pretend to hurt themselves and when the other person asked them if they were OK, they would dramatically say, "YES! FOR YOU SEE I WAS MERELY...ACTING!!!" and the other one would exclaim "Genius!!! Brava!" ? I suspect Aubrey's "collapse" was from the school of merely ACTING! But he ain't no genius, that's for sure.

3. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Yes, it makes my heart hurt that Sydney's family is waiting for truth and justice, and he is putting on this ugly theatrical show in court.

Completely insulting.

jmo

4. J@cknsal1y

J@cknsal1y Well-Known Member

Andrew Ozaki KETV on Twitter
    Judge plans to continue trial after suspect’s outburst in court. Aubrey Trail hospitalized after saying “Bailey is innocent. Curse you all” and slashing at his throat. Stitches to throat. he’s scheduled back in court Tuesday in handcuffs.

5. JenniD

JenniD Well-Known Member

I will bring the crayons tomorrow in case he forgets his

6. JenniD

JenniD Well-Known Member

I totally agree. He is a master manipulator
    Last week I observed more than once when there was only one deputy standing near him with their back turned to AT, gun in holster where AT could easily have grabbed it, stood up and who knows what might have happened
    This is all a show- HIS SHOW. I only hope in the end that justice is served

7. JenniD

JenniD Well-Known Member

Wouldn’t you know it? I had other obligations today and thought it would be an uneventful day. Guess I was wrong

8. Inthedetails

That is a scary thought. I'm glad he will be handcuffed and hope he remains cuffed for the rest of the trial. Outbursts could still happen, I suppose.

jmo

misgrn, molly1255 and Gardenista like this.
  9. JenniD

JenniD Well-Known Member

Again I will say this is all a show!!! If he really wanted to kill himself you could have done it in his cell- but he wouldn’t have had an audience

misgrn, Hazelnutty, molly1255 and 4 others like this.
  10. J@cknsal1y

It Is A Coup on Twitter
    Coming up on the Chris Baker Show Attorney Chris Tritico on the Aubrey Trail murder trial.

11. J@cknsal1y

Paul Hammel on Twitter
    Trail attempted to slash the side of his neck just after a Spencer, Iowa, motel clerk testified that he and Bailey Boswell spent three days there starting on Thanksgiving Day 2017, about a week after Sydney Loofe went missing

Paul Hammel on Twitter
    Both Trail and Boswell (who faces trial in October) stand accused of first degree murder and dismembering Loofe’s body

12. J@cknsal1y

Paul Hammel on Twitter
    Testimony in Aubrey Trail murder case is focusing on initial searches for the missing Sydney Loofe. Found a lot of zip ties in Trails apartment, as well as sex toys

Paul Hammel on Twitter
    Judge is allowing laptops in courtroom today. But still no live tweeting

misgrn, Hazelnutty, molly1255 and 2 others like this.
  13. J@cknsal1y

1011 NOW on Twitter
    UPDATE: The attorneys for Aubrey Trail said he possibly used a piece of a razor blade to cut his throat on Monday morning and is in the process of being released from the hospital.

14. J@cknsal1y

Tommy Rezac on Twitter
    Just heard from Joe Murray, Trail's defense attorney, who addressed us and 10/11 off camera.

Trail's in the process of being released from a local hospital. Got "multiple stitches" but expected to be back Tues.

Type of weapon is still unclear. They think piece of razor, but ?

15. J@cknsal1y

David C. Solheim on Twitter
    Court reconvened at 2:00PM. Jury told to disregard what they witnessed. One of those legal fictions that makes sense in theory but near impossible in reality.

Judge will speak with each juror individually—presumably to see if they have now drawn a conclusion as to Trail’s guilt.

Trail was not present in the courtroom. Still no word on his condition.

No mention of a mistrial. Still wouldn’t rule it out necessarily. I think the judge wants some sense of how the jury perceived this. And the defense needs some time to speak with their client and understand his physical and mental condition.

Court scheduled to reconvene tomorrow at 9:00AM. Will be interesting to see what happens. Will Trail be present? It’s possible, though not preferable, to have a trial in the defendant’s absence. Will they just call the next witness like nothing happened?

Follow at @NewsChannelNE

Comparing notes with other attorneys. Normally a defendant is not allowed to cause their own mistrial. You see outbursts and disruptive behavior with some frequency. It almost never results in a mistrial.

This might be different. Can this jury disregard and still be impartial?

misgrn, Hazelnutty, molly1255 and 2 others like this.
  16. J@cknsal1y

Sydney’s family was sitting in the front row, opposite side of the courtroom.

IMO I feel so bad for her family. It has to be hard enough to sit through a loved ones murder trial, but even worse considering the added ridiculousness he is adding.

17. J@cknsal1y

misgrn, molly1255 and Gardenista like this.
  18. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

WTF????? Somebody needs to be fired over this.

19. Inthedetails

Yep. Terrible breach of security.

jmo

20. JenniD

JenniD Well-Known Member

I feel like I am listening to the theme song from the twilight zone. Do dah do dah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.