New Book on JonBenet coming soon

Unless this author has seen the actual police statements, crime scene and autopsy photos, test results, etc...then I won't hold my breath.

For all we know he could have been lurking here for a couple of years and stolen our theories, comments and such.

This author does not know the Ramseys in the sense that he did not sit them down and interview them.

I think it's a shame that this Psychologist is making a buck off a dead child....and it makes me wonder why he has so much time to write this book...no patients?

How 500 forum members blew off years of their lives discussing the Jon Benet Ramsey mystery.

NOW THERE'S A FRICKEN BOOK! :banghead:

Code:
Nedthan Johns said:
How 500 forum members blew off years of their lives discussing the Jon Benet Ramsey mystery.

NOW THERE'S A FRICKEN BOOK! :banghead:
Nah - that would be a leaflet. 2 words would cover it ... "It's 2005???????"

How the heck are you Ned? Yes quite a book, and people would buy it. IF we had not crashed so many times, the size of the book would be in several volumes, each book about the size of 'War And Peace'.

My mom who died at age 94, used fiddling frequently. It was quite common to use this term when referring to sexual activities of the research variety. I most likely heard it when I was a little girl, and mom was trying to keep some 'truths' from my little ears. Times have changed haven't they.

Well this has been a challenging crime. A possible 'mother' 'ONLY' writing the 'ramsom note' to cover for a loved one. A cast of family members, and tours of people traipsing through their home, workmen with keys, strangers with keys. Plus no other tiny beauty queens being murdered during the past nearly 9 years. As I recall from my own youth, boys and young men did like to diddle and fiddle from 16 to infinity. I was not always 72!

It was a more innocent time back then. Movies had men and women in bedroom scenes with one foot always on the floor, which made fiddling dang near impossible. Children played doctor then, and most likely still do, but with different medical procedures it would appear.

Sleuthing and trying to figure out how stuff works is still with us all.

Something occurred to me about this discussion.

Would the author be dismissed because he is a bachelor with no children IF he was supporting the Ramseys?

The best schoolteacher I ever knew was a spinster. She was/is an awesome lady. Retired now, she has been awarded the MBE plus another award for having 40 years service as a teacher. Just before she retired, I assisted on a school trip that she organised and got to know her a little bit better. She had long hair, a dazzling smile with huge dimples and a figure that an 18 year old would be proud of. She had a great many male admirers but mostly she was admired for her no-nonsense approach to educating children to the highest standards.

She had dedicated her life to her work and her reputation always preceded her.

Similarly, the top paediatrician in our area was a woman with no children of her own (also retired now). The staff at the hospital were terrified of her - so were the parents of the children she treated, yet everyone hoped that she was the consultant they would get - because she was the best. She saved my son's life when he was just a few days old by quickly diagnosing a condition that had other doctors baffled.

Parents may understand their own children - but would they understand some else's? Psychologists study hundreds of subjects. I doubt having children of one's own makes one a better psychologist any more than having one's own children makes one a better teacher.

Jayelles said:
Something occurred to me about this discussion.

Would the author be dismissed because he is a bachelor with no children IF he was supporting the Ramseys?

The best schoolteacher I ever knew was a spinster. She was/is an awesome lady. Retired now, she has been awarded the MBE plus another award for having 40 years service as a teacher. Just before she retired, I assisted on a school trip that she organised and got to know her a little bit better. She had long hair, a dazzling smile with huge dimples and a figure that an 18 year old would be proud of. She had a great many male admirers but mostly she was admired for her no-nonsense approach to educating children to the highest standards.

She had dedicated her life to her work and her reputation always preceded her.

Similarly, the top paediatrician in our area was a woman with no children of her own (also retired now). The staff at the hospital were terrified of her - so were the parents of the children she treated, yet everyone hoped that she was the consultant they would get - because she was the best. She saved my son's life when he was just a few days old by quickly diagnosing a condition that had other doctors baffled.

Parents may understand their own children - but would they understand some else's? Psychologists study hundreds of subjects. I doubt having children of one's own makes one a better psychologist any more than having one's own children makes one a better teacher.
You're right - The best teacher my son ever had was a spinster with 30 years worth of third graders under her belt.

But I don't see that kind of history listed with this guy. Besides, it's not particularly the lack of children that sets off my suspicious meter. It's the whole self-aggrandizing tone of his website ("The Official Website of Lawrence Smith (Is there a problem with 'unofficial' websites popping up?), Perhaps I am that author") coupled with the mis-spelling of JonBenet's name plus the mis-characterization of ST as the lead detective. As I said before, Where is his attention to detail?

He may be brilliant. But I think it's more likely this will be more of the same old ideas we've all read for years. Nothing more than a retread.

Added: And yes, I dismiss pro-Ramsey writers who go overboard and don't get their facts straight or write nonsense that makes me question their judgement.

Added+: How is he doing book signings in July for a book that doesn't come out until November 1, 2005? Neither Borders nor Barnes & Noble list his book.

Looks to me as if the author is going to present a criminal profiling perspective upon JonBenet's death.

His use of forensic evidence, and psychopathological features might suggest a degree of latitude with some of the evidence.

This might appeal to those who feel Ramsey family dynamics lie behind this case, that there is psychological factors awaiting analysis, to reveal the true motive.

If this book is a honest overview and does'nt descend into freudian or jungian analysis, or standard inductive fbi profiling methods to demonstrate which type of person most likely killed JonBenet, then it maybe worth reading.

I'll wait till I see it in the bookstore, and take a look at its organisation, before I finally purchase it.

Camper said:
How the heck are you Ned? Yes quite a book, and people would buy it. IF we had not crashed so many times, the size of the book would be in several volumes, each book about the size of 'War And Peace'.

My mom who died at age 94, used fiddling frequently. It was quite common to use this term when referring to sexual activities of the research variety. I most likely heard it when I was a little girl, and mom was trying to keep some 'truths' from my little ears. Times have changed haven't they.

Well this has been a challenging crime. A possible 'mother' 'ONLY' writing the 'ramsom note' to cover for a loved one. A cast of family members, and tours of people traipsing through their home, workmen with keys, strangers with keys. Plus no other tiny beauty queens being murdered during the past nearly 9 years. As I recall from my own youth, boys and young men did like to diddle and fiddle from 16 to infinity. I was not always 72!

It was a more innocent time back then. Movies had men and women in bedroom scenes with one foot always on the floor, which made fiddling dang near impossible. Children played doctor then, and most likely still do, but with different medical procedures it would appear.

Sleuthing and trying to figure out how stuff works is still with us all.

How many times has everyone read where a mother turns a blind eye when their daughter is being molested by their husbands or sons??? Too many to count. Not too long ago I read where a Mother was arrested because she allowed her school-age children to molest their sisters...one sister as young as six-months of age.

This is another theory that I have wrestled with:

My belief is that Daddy Paugh "fiddled" with Patsy and Pam Paugh....which caused suspicion on Patsy's part when she was asked about John possibly molesting JonBenet. Her answer spoke volumes..."Not possible because Nedra slept in JonBenet's room."

HUH???

Pam Paugh let herself go...gaining so much weight as to make herself unattractive towards Daddy...and Polly not following in her sisters footsteps as to not make herself attractive to Daddy.

If John was molesting JonBenet....my belief is that Patsy caught John and lost her mind as in going into a Split-Personality mode.

This is but one of my opinion only.

Does anyone know where to get this book? I cannot find it on-line
at Barnes & Noble or Amazon.

I really want to read it.

Toltec said:
How many times has everyone read where a mother turns a blind eye when their daughter is being molested by their husbands or sons??? Too many to count. Not too long ago I read where a Mother was arrested because she allowed her school-age children to molest their sisters...one sister as young as six-months of age.

This is another theory that I have wrestled with:

My belief is that Daddy Paugh "fiddled" with Patsy and Pam Paugh....which caused suspicion on Patsy's part when she was asked about John possibly molesting JonBenet. Her answer spoke volumes..."Not possible because Nedra slept in JonBenet's room."

HUH???

Pam Paugh let herself go...gaining so much weight as to make herself unattractive towards Daddy...and Polly not following in her sisters footsteps as to not make herself attractive to Daddy.

If John was molesting JonBenet....my belief is that Patsy caught John and lost her mind as in going into a Split-Personality mode.

This is but one of my opinion only.
Yes I agree Toltec, I have read of this happening and I have always believed that Patsy was one of these mothers - a mother who knew certain people were molesting her daughter and did nothing to stop it. I also suspect that one of the reasons Patsy behaved in this way was because she had endured sexual abuse herself, as did her sisters also most likely.

I also think it highly likely that Patsy's abuser was her own father as you suggest.

I definitely do not think John was molesting JonBenet. I believe it was a number of other men one of whom was John's best friend, who were abusing her. I think the abuse took place when John was away on business trips and had been going on ever since they move to Boulder.

I think that on Christmas night the abusers made the mistake of allowing a new person to join them in their abuse session and the newcomer was the one who killed her. I don't think her regular abusers had any intention of killing her and it was all a terrible shock to them. It is because they were involved in the event though, and in all that led up to it, that they had to stage a coverup to try to make it look as though the killing had been due to some other cause - a kidnapping, rather than the real cause - ritual sexual abuse gone wrong.

Tristan said:
Does anyone know where to get this book? I cannot find it on-line
at Barnes & Noble or Amazon.

I really want to read it.

It won't be released until Nov. 1st.

aussiesheila said:
Yes I agree Toltec, I have read of this happening and I have always believed that Patsy was one of these mothers - a mother who knew certain people were molesting her daughter and did nothing to stop it. I also suspect that one of the reasons Patsy behaved in this way was because she had endured sexual abuse herself, as did her sisters also most likely.

I also think it highly likely that Patsy's abuser was her own father as you suggest.

I definitely do not think John was molesting JonBenet. I believe it was a number of other men one of whom was John's best friend, who were abusing her. I think the abuse took place when John was away on business trips and had been going on ever since they move to Boulder.

I think that on Christmas night the abusers made the mistake of allowing a new person to join them in their abuse session and the newcomer was the one who killed her. I don't think her regular abusers had any intention of killing her and it was all a terrible shock to them. It is because they were involved in the event though, and in all that led up to it, that they had to stage a coverup to try to make it look as though the killing had been due to some other cause - a kidnapping, rather than the real cause - ritual sexual abuse gone wrong.
Wow. I can't argue with the idea that JonBenet had been being molested for a while - I read in Cyril Wecht's book that there was evidence of chronic sexual abuse found, such as the absence of a hymen and old wounds healing - and I agree that it's entirely possible that PR knew it was happening and did nothing, most likely because she endured it herself growing up - but a group of people (or at least more than one person) sexually abusing JonBenet to the point of allowing outsiders to come in and participate too? I really, really hope that was not the case. I don't think JR was molesting her, but it seems pretty obvious that someone was, and that it ended up being the death of her, literally.

Hi there...long time no post....

I have a question. While I believe whole heartedly that a Ramsey committed or covered up this heinous crime, I cannot get my head around the belief of so many here that Patsy allowed (a) person(s) to sexually abuse her daughter. Now, I am not crazy enough to not know that mothers turn a blind eye to fathers or boyfriends molesting their kids, but another person outside of the home? For what reason would you not act upon that knowledge??

I ask not to dismiss this claim or to rubbish anyone's ideas, but to get a few thoughts on why some of you think that non family members were allowed to molest JB with Patsy's consent.

Thanks in advance.

Brefie said:
Hi there...long time no post....

I have a question. While I believe whole heartedly that a Ramsey committed or covered up this heinous crime, I cannot get my head around the belief of so many here that Patsy allowed (a) person(s) to sexually abuse her daughter. Now, I am not crazy enough to not know that mothers turn a blind eye to fathers or boyfriends molesting their kids, but another person outside of the home? For what reason would you not act upon that knowledge??

I ask not to dismiss this claim or to rubbish anyone's ideas, but to get a few thoughts on why some of you think that non family members were allowed to molest JB with Patsy's consent.

Thanks in advance.

Patsy allowing strangers to molest her daughter??? NEVER!

Question: Why is it we have He Who Must Not Be Named in reference to BC's theory, but it is apparently ok to accuse Patsy Ramsey's father of abusing his daughter? I'm not sure he qualifies as a public figure. I've never seen him interviewed.

Toltec said:
Patsy allowing strangers to molest her daughter??? NEVER!
I agree Toltec. Even though I believe someone was abusing JonBenet, I fail to see why/how anyone thinks that Patsy allowed a group of friends who apparently had some kind of hold over her, to abuse her daughter.

tipper said:
Question: Why is it we have He Who Must Not Be Named in reference to BC's theory, but it is apparently ok to accuse Patsy Ramsey's father of abusing his daughter? I'm not sure he qualifies as a public figure. I've never seen him interviewed.

Tipper,

I've wondered about that myself.

tipper said:
There are no published interviews with Patsy's father - but thanks to jameson, there is a published interview with Patsy where she was asked whether she herself had been abused. (was she also asked about her sisters?) She became very childlike in her responses to those questions as I recall.

If anyone had asked me if I had been abused by my father I wouldn't have acted like a little girl giving quiet little "no" answers. I would have been quite indignant in saying "Certainly not - my father was a decent man".

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back