New developments in unsolved Jennings murders

Wow Mahmoo. Just wow. When you type out all the Victim Connections the Gary family or someone that knows the Gary family and travels in the same circles is someone(s) we need to find to rule out.

Now that you mention it :blowkiss: the Gary name does seem to stand out when it's all thrown together and lined up in black and white.

Thought I'd throw this out there......is anyone interested in trying to get some type of comprehensive list together with any facts about the "I-10 deaths" in the Houston to New Orleans corridor? Something brief and summarized to start with so we can kind of "ease" into it and have a chance to digest the info.

Right now........I'm not convinced the I-10 deaths are connected to the JDP deaths but I'm definitely not ruling it out.

Here is a weird murder case from Lake Charles. A man stabbed a women to death in his apartment. His name is Granger and is 33 and the woman was named Green and she was 26. Neighbors were interviewed and one said he was a loner that was peculiar.It kind of seems that Ms. Green was a paid guest but the article is not clear.

http://www.americanpress.com/lc/blogs/wpnewssum/?p=4751

In any case I think Jennings LE/FBI should interview this man as the description of him by neighbors raises a red flag to me. Lake Charles is not far from Jennings and is right on I 10 like so many of these murders. I would love to know what he does/did for a living.

Here's another article on this:
http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9668474&nav=0nqx

"According to public record, he has no criminal history in Calcasieu parish, but has a lengthy criminal history in Lafayette Parish. The Lafayette Sheriff's Department tells 7News Granger has been arrested there for several things, including possession of cocaine, fighting a police officer, and carrying a concealed weapon. Granger also has two warrants in Lafayette Parish for failure to appear in court, one of which was for back child support. The murder, which is the first in Lake Charles for 2009 and the second that has happened at the complex in the past 5 years, has some residents concerned for their safety while others say they're not.
Janice Hadnot says, "By this second murder happening here, I'm gone. I have to find somewhere else to go because I'm not going to stay where I don't feel safe."

Maybe he lured her from the internet?

I don't think this recent case at the apartments is related to the rest, it's said:
"Deborah Boutte-Simien, the complex’s assistant manger, said the staff contacted police after speaking with Granger. “He went and admitted his action to a staff member. They then called the police, and a body was located in the room,” Boutte-Simien said."

Granger actually admitted to it, made no signs to rid of the body. He may be just a mental case. He doesn't show the ability our other La. killers do.

Thought I'd throw this out there......is anyone interested in trying to get some type of comprehensive list together with any facts about the "I-10 deaths" in the Houston to New Orleans corridor? Something brief and summarized to start with so we can kind of "ease" into it and have a chance to digest the info.

Right now........I'm not convinced the I-10 deaths are connected to the JDP deaths but I'm definitely not ruling it out.

Mahmoo, i would love to help with a list for the I-10 corridor deaths.
It's another reason we need a seperate forum.. :)

It's going to be tricky to find a lot on the I-10 killer(s) they're mostly unsolveds. A trucker was being investigated for some, it's a long road and we'd have to narrow it down to the area in connection with La.

""Possible I-10 Serial Killer" (20) Police in San Diego is investigating an unnamed subject in relation to a string of slaying committed along Interstate 10, the 3,000-mile highway running across eight states in the lower United States. The investigation was triggered by a woman who provided police with information about the 1981 slaying in San Diego's Balboa Park that only someone who was there and witnessed the killing or who received information from the killer could have known. The female informant, whom authorities have not identified, showed authorities the location of the crime and described how it was committed -- all facts that were known only to police.
The woman accused a truck driver of the 1981 killing, as well a string of other slayings across America. The victims were mostly hitchhikers and rostitutes. According to the informant, the trucker may have killed up to 20 people. Many of the victims were killed in Texas and their bodies dumped or buried in shallow graves hundreds of miles away.
San Diego police have obtained DNA from the suspect and has contacted law enforcement officers from other jurisdictions to compare DNA samples from their unsolved cases.
Officials have developed a time-line on the suspect for 1980 to 1990 and are hoping other law enforcement agencies may have unsolved cases that correspond to the trucker's movements. If so, they can then compare any evidence to that of the trucker. Meanwhile, the truck driver remains free."
http://www.greatdreams.com/serial-killer.htm
( a lot of scrolling involved in that link)

As for our Jennings case, i had came across a comment that the killer may be an off shore worker.
4th comment down from top by Tigermike:
"re: Looks like LA has another serial killer (Posted on 11/18 at 9:41 p.m. to bdevill)
it sounds like some freak out there.probably a loner in his 30 s.maybe a off shore worker."
http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?p=10809550&pg=2

-------------------------------------------------------------
As for the I-10 killer, the number of victims is 20, yet it's hard to find out who they were. Most things come up as an unidentified killer.

I-10 itself is so long, it spans from California to Florida.

http://boards.library.trutv.com/showthread.php?t=291675
(scrolling to 3rd article/section)

"
Serial murder not unfamiliar to S. La.

Investigators in Jefferson Davis Parish are facing a nightmare many other Louisiana crime investigators once experienced — connecting dots and finding the missing links in multiple deaths that may be the work of a serial killer.

And although they are highly publicized and more prevalent today, serial crimes are rare in the violent crime arena, experts say. Serial murder is estimated to comprise less than 1 percent of all murders committed in any given year, according to the July FBI report "Serial Murder: Multi-Disciplinary Perspectives for Investigators."

But south Louisiana, mainly along the 150-mile stretch of Interstate 10, has been home to five areas of serial murder in at least the past 10 years.

Steven Egger, serial murder expert and associate professor of criminology at the University of Houston-Clear Lake, said although this does not top numbers he has seen, it can be considered a high number for the span of time in which the murders occurred.

The latest string of mysterious deaths in Jeff Davis Parish have kept investigators busy and anxious for the past three years.

Crystal Shay Benoit Zeno, 24, was found in dead in a ditch along a roadway Sept. 11 and was recently identified as the sixth victim found in Jennings.

All of the victims were found in public locations, including roadways and drainage canals, within the tight-knit rural parish.

Investigators had hoped the missing teenager Brittney Gary, 17, who is said to be connected to the other victims, would turn up alive after her Nov.2 disappearance.

Sadly, a badly decomposed body, believed to be Gary¹s, was found shortly after noon Saturday by someone helping her family search for the teen.

The body was found on a rural road just miles away from where the other victims were found.

Investigators, however, have been careful in naming the deaths — some have not been ruled homicides — serial murders."

It'd be a process of ruling out victims of other serial killers, and identifying victims whose cases have not been solved.
May be a whole seperate thing altogether..

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9669591&nav=0n4JdcMg

"Cracking down on crime in Jennings"
"
LAKE CHARLES, LA (KPLC) -- After a rash of recent shootings and a violent rape behind the bingo hall, Jennings city officials have formed a crime tip line for anonymous calls. It's in direct response to calls for action by local pastors and the community who say enough is enough. Jennings Mayor Terry Duhon says they're working with other agencies to help with patrols.
"We feel that we can maintain what we are doing right plus more so expect to see it -- because it's going to happen," said Mayor Duhon.
What's also going to happen -- the installation of GPS devices in every police unit that will ensure all areas are being patrolled equally, especially the crime-infested south side of town."

..."We all know that the problem here is drugs and I'm sure a lot of these murders are drug-related. These last shootings we had -- all concerning drugs," said Jesse Ewing.
Mayor Duhon says they've also hired a new narcotics officer with more than 20-years of experience -- but everyone knows it will take a team effort to get the drugs and crime off the streets."

Ewing is blind.. he still thinks drugs are behind the murders. We have drugs everywhere, no matter where we live. We don't have serial killers everywhere. As CP brought up, the connection seems to be the fast food places.
LE cares more about the one side of the tracks that the other there.. argh. Everyone should be equally important. What if the killer gets bored with the one side of the tracks and moves to the other in growing boldness? Then will LE do something about it?

I don't think this recent case at the apartments is related to the rest, it's said:
"Deborah Boutte-Simien, the complex’s assistant manger, said the staff contacted police after speaking with Granger. “He went and admitted his action to a staff member. They then called the police, and a body was located in the room,” Boutte-Simien said."

Granger actually admitted to it, made no signs to rid of the body. He may be just a mental case. He doesn't show the ability our other La. killers do.

Hey MeoW :wave:

I agree with you......I don't think this fella is linked to the JDP killings.

As for the I-10 deaths, you're right.....looks like it's going to be extremely difficult to find out much about the details. If I remember correctly, there hasn't been any more deaths since 2005......that's interesting in itself.

Hey MeoW :wave:

I agree with you......I don't think this fella is linked to the JDP killings.

As for the I-10 deaths, you're right.....looks like it's going to be extremely difficult to find out much about the details. If I remember correctly, there hasn't been any more deaths since 2005......that's interesting in itself.

Could be some of the deaths are linked to already imprisoned killers who didn't admit, or the killer(s) have moved to a different area, or any number of circumstances :confused:

..."We all know that the problem here is drugs and I'm sure a lot of these murders are drug-related. These last shootings we had -- all concerning drugs," said Jesse Ewing.

Ewing is blind.. he still thinks drugs are behind the murders. We have drugs everywhere, no matter where we live. We don't have serial killers everywhere. As CP brought up, the connection seems to be the fast food places.

LE cares more about the one side of the tracks that the other there.. argh. Everyone should be equally important. What if the killer gets bored with the one side of the tracks and moves to the other in growing boldness? Then will LE do something about it?

I noticed Ewing is still on the police force in Jennings......I was wondering what had become of him after the incident with the two inmates.

Excellent point you make about drugs being everywhere yet serial killings are not everywhere.:clap: If the killer does decide to move to the "other side of the tracks" and throw the investigation into a tailspin you can bet we'll see an explosion in media coverage then. I touched on this topic in my latest blog post.

I noticed Ewing is still on the police force in Jennings......I was wondering what had become of him after the incident with the two inmates.

Excellent point you make about drugs being everywhere yet serial killings are not everywhere.:clap: If the killer does decide to move to the "other side of the tracks" and throw the investigation into a tailspin you can bet we'll see an explosion in media coverage then. I touched on this topic in my latest blog post.

Lest we forget about Ewing, (article complete with picture of Ewing)

http://localgovwatch.blogspot.com/2007/12/louisiana-cop-accused-of-leaking.html

"Jennings, Louisiana, Police Sergeant Jesse Ewing allegedly turned over privileged information about an ongoing investigation to a private citizen - but it doesn't stop there.

While the Louisiana State Police West District Detectives were investigating Ewing, they learned of allegations by a female Jennings City Jail inmate that Ewing had participated in inappropriate sexual conduct with her - allegations that Ewing did not deny.

Trooper Sal Messina with Louisiana State Police Troop D says, "When they interviewed Ewing, he admitted to giving the information to the private investigator. He also admitted to the inappropriate sexual conduct."

For the leak in information, Ewing has been charged with obstruction of justice. With the sexual misconduct, under Louisiana law, even if the act was consensual, it is a crime for a law enforcement officer to have any kind of sexual contact with an inmate.

Jennings Police Chief Johnny Lassiter says they have placed Ewing on administrative leave with pay, pending further investigations by State Police.

Ewing could face up to five years in prison on the obstruction of justice charge and up to ten years on the malfeasance involving sexual misconduct charge."

Ewing, turning over private confidential police information, having inappropriate sex with an inmate,

Mahmoo, the credits for these next links:
http://wordpress.com/tag/jesse-ewing-worth-noting/

Yet he is still on the force? So much for those charges of up to 5 years obstruction and up to 10 for sexual misconduct.. i smell dirty politics going on..

Thanks Meo for the articles. Ewing doesn't sound like a saint. But, he sounds like he thought someone else might be able to help (the PI he gave info to). I am not ready to crucify him..he admitted to all these things.

Our guy is going to be more about himself and his needs and his wants and his power. He isn't going to seek out anyone else for help. I don't believe all 7 murders are his but most are.

Without having info on the Alexandria cold cases we don't know if the MO is the same but there are some women in the blurb that could fit what has happened in Jennings.

I still say that Granger from Lake Charles should be interviewed just as a base line for what happened. Could be nothing or a serial that got tired???? We would be too lucky if that happened.

For some reason I don't feel this is a trucker passing through even though we know it has happened before in many cases. This is more personal like Domingue (Houma Serial Killer). That killer used his own backyard within a few miles. Most travel to avoid that connection so I would look at anyone who has access to I 10 within a 40-50 mile radius. I just feel that it is a Louisiana resident.

Perhaps drugs are some how related. Maybe this killer isn't really "into" killing for the sheer joy, plotting or salivating at his next kill. Maybe the motive itself is the common denominator, drugs. Even if the girls weren't on them, their boyfriends sold or hung out at dealers homes, etc. Maybe its a cop who needs a fix and has to kill after getting high with these women to "cover" his *advertiser censored*. Maybe its a drughead who can't afford the cost of drugs, so he kills them after gets his fix. The fact is all these women (or most) had high levels of drugs in their system. Since some are claimed to have been "clean", the perp obviously has access to drugs. I doubt Brittany was walking home high as a kite. This person probably has a narc rap or has access to drugs, like someone in law enforcement.

Jennings has an airport:
http://www.fltplan.com/AirportInformation/3R7.htm

It appears to be a small airport. What if the killer is a pilot? He'd be able to fly in through the airport, then have a car available in Jennings to use, then just fly back out whereever. Looks to be for small planes.
Also, maybe part of I-10 has some "short cuts" where people can turn off the highway, not on normal exits, just almost farm exits, dirt roads, unpaved tracts of land which wouldn't be a formal exit. A lot of rural places have spots like that available off highways.

Here's a map (sorry it's so big).....they're both very close to I-10.
Sonic - 1518 Elton Rd
Wendy's - 1701 Elton Rd

k0rhir.jpg

Mahmoo, the Sonic and Wendy's are also close to the airport according to your map..

What's interesting is how far out victim 3's body was taken in relation to the others :confused:.

sgtmz9.jpg

All the victims were found on roads that were relatively close to the location of the airport. Is there any local pilots that may live in Jennings, yet may fly out for either work or fun?

I was watching Gangland (I think on the History Channel) and they were doing a show about one of the New Orleans gangs. Anyway they kept referring to the "60 day rule" and "Misdemeanor Murder". Apparently Louisiana has an article in their criminal code that gives criminals the upper hand. Prosecutors have 60 days following a felony arrest to secure an indictment[FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL,SANS-SERIF][SIZE=-1], if they don't, the criminal walks.
On the show I saw, they were saying that the gang members had such a grip on their communities that prosecutors were not able to move forward with their cases because of witnesses backing out (which I don't think is unique to New Orleans), but what really struck me was when the gangs relocated to Houston because of the hurricane, the police would arrest these thugs who thought that they only had to wait out their two months in jail and be back on the streets. The police in Houston found it humorous that the gang members didn't understand that the 60 day rule did not apply in Texas.

Anyway, that may apply to some of what is going on here.
Here is a link that explains a bit about the 60 day rule:

[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=-1]http://www.nacdl.org/public.nsf/defenseupdates/louisiana210

[/SIZE]

Jennings has an airport:
http://www.fltplan.com/AirportInformation/3R7.htm

It appears to be a small airport. What if the killer is a pilot? He'd be able to fly in through the airport, then have a car available in Jennings to use, then just fly back out whereever. Looks to be for small planes.
Also, maybe part of I-10 has some "short cuts" where people can turn off the highway, not on normal exits, just almost farm exits, dirt roads, unpaved tracts of land which wouldn't be a formal exit. A lot of rural places have spots like that available off highways.
You may find this interesting….it is a description (verbatim) of route options available in that area as explained to me by someone that lives in and is familiar with the area:
There are all kinds of ways to get to I-10 between Welsh and Jennings. There are many dirt roads and such that intermingle, and if you know them, you can reach the highway with ease. This is one reason drugs are so easily passed between Houston and New Orleans. Some of the roads off I-10 don't even look like roads but more like dead end lanes or driveways. Ya take a left here and a right here, go around the corner and down the path and you are on 90. But you have to know the area so that you know which are dead ends and which will take you thru. Also, the cops are creatures of habit. They do patrol alot of these off shoot roads, looking for the party's and such, usually on time, each time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nteetee
Back