GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I grew up in a world too that was a lot different. No cell phones, no video games and no social media. I think the social media sites are more to blame than anything for all of the crimes and abductions. It has never been a safe world that we live in, people have always been kidnapped by sick people but years ago we did not have the crap we have on TV today, we didn't have cell phones and we did not have all these social media sites for all these predators to hang out on. Just a cell phone alone can be a bad thing, you don't know who your kids are talking too or texting and these teens today text all hours of the night? Just a very sad world for sure. I just wish they would get a big break in this case it's been going on way too long. I think it is time that the LE release some information on where that letter came from and maybe some of the details because it obviously has not gotten anyone's attention for any leads that we know of and what is the harm at this point on releasing it? It could help find her??

I live in Maine and I feel that with the Nichole Cable case they revealed a lot more helpful information to the public when she went missing. They also involved the public in the search but the sad part is that the person that murdered Nichole was involved with the search and even posted her missing photo on his fb page. But at least Maine LE gave out more helpful information to the public which helped their investigation however it was not a happy ending for sure very sad.

I live in Maine and I feel that with the Nichole Cable case they revealed a lot more helpful information to the public when she went missing. They also involved the public in the search but the sad part is that the person that murdered Nichole was involved with the search and even posted her missing photo on his fb page. But at least Maine LE gave out more helpful information to the public which helped their investigation however it was not a happy ending for sure very sad.

But, Jade, maybe LE gave out more information in Nicole's case because the HAD more information. It would be nice to hear that LE has searched in the area the letter came from, even if they didn't disclose where that might be. Or, that, in fact, they do have the shoulder bag and that's why they've never asked the public to keep their eye out for it. Any little bit of information from LE about Abby would be great and would show the public that her case is still active

Where are you, Abby?

Well my question is what are they doing right now to find this girl? They have done nothing but share her photo online through various media sites, they have had several stories running in the news and on different shows, and a local search was done on the area she went missing. Are there people out there searching the area where the letter came from? Where did this letter come from? I feel that there are so many people missing in the country that people don't really bother getting involved, a person goes missing everyday so what are they doing to find her?? If I were her family, I would look for some answers and possibly hire some private investigator because they are obviously not having any luck in getting Abby home. I mentioned a couple of months ago a post that I noticed on FB from a company that specializes in finding missing people and they gave stats on how many they have reunited with their loved ones, so why not take the help if it is offered? Have not heard any more mention of this but someone needs to step in and help find her.

(Not meant at you personally, Jade...just happens you brought something up many many have spoken of before).

There is one big assumption I find made in all the threads on this case and that is that they'd put it out on FB or media and tell people they hired that company or the ID channel or a PI...maybe they have? I know many were all over them about that company, they never said they did or didn't.

So when people say they should, I would have by now, why haven't they...it is all hearsay isn't it?

I was thinking about Nichole and I think you're right MJJ, they had info from the get go. Same with Coreen Wiese, they found a note scratched and her phone very quickly. Both had the massive and quick response from the LE agencies. (Fellow Mainer here, Jade :) )

I hate questioning the response as it should be the norm, especially these days knowing how quickly running away can go wrong :(

But, Jade, maybe LE gave out more information in Nicole's case because the HAD more information. It would be nice to hear that LE has searched in the area the letter came from, even if they didn't disclose where that might be. Or, that, in fact, they do have the shoulder bag and that's why they've never asked the public to keep their eye out for it. Any little bit of information from LE about Abby would be great and would show the public that her case is still active

Where are you, Abby?

Even though I think that this is a fact, IMO, I feel that the shoulder bag is one of those details they would not release. It is the absence of that detail that causes me to feel confident that they found it. The only published picture of her that day leaving school shows her wearing the shoulder bag. I am confident there is much more footage of Abby that day around the school at various times. But how she looked and what she was wearing when she left is the focus.
In Jessica Ridgeway's case her backpack was found by a resident in Superior, CO. who e-mailed a public listserv looking for the owner, Jessica Ridgeway. He just was unaware of what that name meant. Since it was public, LE released the fact but they did not release any other details.
<snip>
"detectives believe that the backpack is Jessica's, but declined to discuss its contents or verify that it contained a water bottle with the girl's name on it as reported by the man who found it."

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_21719734/jessica-ridgeway-search-hunt-missing-westminster-girl-shifts

IMO the shoulder bag is exceedingly important especially if they find that and nothing else. From Jessica's case; "The backpack is the first solid lead police have had since Jessica vanished. In this type of investigation, a forensic examination of the backpack and contents would be likely conducted to look for possible fingerprints, hair, fibers and DNA that doesn't belong to Jessica."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...eway-still-no-clues-after-3-days-of-searching

In that case they not only had DNA from the backpack but also had a DNA hit in CODIS. THAT Detail and the the details of what was inside were not released until Austin Sigg went to trial.
<snip>
"Inside the backpack, they found boots, prescription glasses, jeans, winter gloves, a tie-dyed T-shirt, a water bottle and Jessica's underwear. According to Lopez, police found "touch DNA" inside her underwear. That DNA matched a sample taken from the Ketner Lake incident where a jogger was attacked and the suspect was never found."

http://www.9news.com/dontmiss/318631/630/Suspect-in-Ridgeway

All of the details of the items found in the backpack told police that Jessica had died But they did not release that information;
<snip>
"Two days after Jessica disappeared, investigators found her backpack on a sidewalk in a Superior subdivision. Jessica's purple glasses were inside. "The glasses tell you she's dead," Sargent said. "There's a reason he chose the items that smelled of urine, her jacket and socks and other items of clothing he threw out. He chose carefully."
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24631031/evidence-details-twisted-path-that-led-austin-sigg

All that they released after they found this evidence was that people should not focus on what she was wearing but rather on how she looked;
<snip>
"A new flier was prepared Monday that shows her without her glasses.
He said he wants the public to focus on Jessica's facial features, not necessarily the clothes she was wearing on Friday. Remember what she looks like, he said."

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_21724656/search-continues-missing-westminster-girl-jessica-ridgeway

The importance and the veracity of what actual evidence they Do find is critical in the investigation from the standpoint that if it is compromised in any way the child may not be found or the perpetrator may simply get away. ~Celina Cass~

In Abby's case I do not believe they have ANY of that kind of evidence but they have something. If they do, in fact, have the shoulder bag there is something about it, placement, position, location, DNA, something - that led LE to rush into violent crime mode within 48 hours. We don't know what it is and I don't believe we need to know what it is , IMO.

The details we want to know are not necessarily the details that will help Abby get home. It might make me feel better knowing where this 'letter' was mailed, but if it was mailed in Fall River MA that might cause people in Springfield to not be looking? I could drive to Conway today and mail a letter because I don't want to be found. I can be back home and be done with it in about 5 hours ( I need lunch lol). But guess what! While yer all looking for Steleheart in Conway he is nowhere near there and no one is looking where I actually am!

I should probably apologize for going on about this But I think that sometimes the things we want made public, the things that frustrate us most, are exactly those things that could harm the effort to Get Abby home.

Do you feel better now, Steleheart? Good post. :clap:

I have followed so many cases on WS (ok, too many cases on WS... ) and this one just tugs at me the most. These are interesting thoughts about the shoulder bag, and it makes me think that yes, it was found. I had no idea about all the Jessica Ridgeway information, how incredibly sad. Thanks for posting it, Stele.

There's been a lot of finger pointing at LE and this is a good reminder that they do not release info that will help them. The public's need to know is not their first priority.

Agreed that hiring a PI would be a good move, and would be very surprised if the family has not already done that. I'm truly mystified as to where Abby could be, and will be so deeply saddened if she is not found safe.

Even though I think that this is a fact, IMO, I feel that the shoulder bag is one of those details they would not release.
<snip>
Get Abby home.

Great research and explanation. I did not follow all of the press conferences. I'm wondering if the press ever directly asked about the shoulder bag?

No mention of it other than Mission for the missing but they also mentioned favorite candy and such, they weren't making a statement of "Be on the Lookout" for the bag.

Interesting comments on the MHFAH FB page. Look under a post on 2/5 that shares a WMUR photo. DV makes a bold assertion, IMO. The comments on the photo itself are equally interesting with PH and LH weighing in.

https://www.facebook.com/Help.Find.Abigail.Hernandez?ref=br_rs

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...a.79879943716.81526.6439768716&type=1&theater

Wow. Considering he is related to Abby's dad, that is quite a comment. And not one that I put any stock in, either.

Interesting comments on the MHFAH FB page. Look under a post on 2/5 that shares a WMUR photo. DV makes a bold assertion, IMO. The comments on the photo itself are equally interesting with PH and LH weighing in.

https://www.facebook.com/Help.Find.Abigail.Hernandez?ref=br_rs

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...a.79879943716.81526.6439768716&type=1&theater

I'm not seeing it. Maybe he deleted it? DV has made some bold assertions before. IMO He needs to be investigated himself.

I'm not seeing it. Maybe he deleted it? DV has made some bold assertions before. IMO He needs to be investigated himself.

It's still there, with replies. I guess I didn't really understand until now that there was dissension amongst the relatives' views on what has happened to Abby. I haven't been paying much attention to DV. Yes, I know what RH wrote in his last letter but I read it as IF Abby ran away.... I wonder if he backs his brother's views now?

I am happy to see a (relatively) healthy debate occurring about what may have happened to Abby.

MJJ....I can't follow those threads on FB. Too many threads and I can only find one comment from the relative....and a lot of rambling from PS. The craziness there makes me appreciate this board.

I can't believe we have not heard of many sightings, even if false. Most cases have several sightings, almost all of which turn out to be invalid. But not much going on here with that kind of tip, as far as we know.

But I also do not believe Abigail being missing is known much outside of New England and probably only parts of that, even. And many people tend to believe a person has been found if they are not reminded often by media or LE. I remember Kaine Horman being so shocked that even within Oregon, most people he met in malls, etc. while trying to spread awareness assumed Kyron was found long ago. IMO LE does a poor job and a disservice to missing people, especially minors, by being silent.

I can't believe we have not heard of many sightings, even if false. Most cases have several sightings, almost all of which turn out to be invalid. But not much going on here with that kind of tip, as far as we know.

But I also do not believe Abigail being missing is known much outside of New England and probably only parts of that, even. And many people tend to believe a person has been found if they are not reminded often by media or LE. I remember Kaine Horman being so shocked that even within Oregon, most people he met in malls, etc. while trying to spread awareness assumed Kyron was found long ago. IMO LE does a poor job and a disservice to missing people, especially minors, by being silent.
Many tips go straight to the FBI… does the FBI typically share their tips? I'm guessing even family doesn't know about many of the tips that go into the FBI tip line… you think?

Many tips go straight to the FBI… does the FBI typically share their tips? I'm guessing even family doesn't know about many of the tips that go into the FBI tip line… you think?

Possible, but we hear about sightings in most other cases.

I agree that in the grand scheme of things, not too many people are actually aware enough of Abigail being missing to actively look for a young woman who resembles her.

In addition to lack of awareness... as a teen it is not difficult to put a hood up, let your hair fall in front of your face, and keep your head down-- the few strangers who even notice you would assume you are just another typical teen. It would be hard to recognize Abigail's specific facial features.

I don't really read the Facebook page for Abby, but if it hasn't already been done I think fliers should to be mailed to every shelter/outreach for homeless or runaway youths in major cities in the US. Of course that is a giant undertaking-- but this is now a long-term disappearance.

I am sure some of you saw the case on WS this week of a 14 or 15-year-old girl and a 17-year old girl going missing from PA. They were found within a few days&#8230; in CA! They did have a car, but my point is we can't rely on the idea that Abby must still be in the Northeast. She could be anywhere by now.

Even though I think that this is a fact, IMO, I feel that the shoulder bag is one of those details they would not release. It is the absence of that detail that causes me to feel confident that they found it. The only published picture of her that day leaving school shows her wearing the shoulder bag. I am confident there is much more footage of Abby that day around the school at various times. But how she looked and what she was wearing when she left is the focus.
In Jessica Ridgeway's case her backpack was found by a resident in Superior, CO. who e-mailed a public listserv looking for the owner, Jessica Ridgeway. He just was unaware of what that name meant. Since it was public, LE released the fact but they did not release any other details.
<snip>
"detectives believe that the backpack is Jessica's, but declined to discuss its contents or verify that it contained a water bottle with the girl's name on it as reported by the man who found it."

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_21719734/jessica-ridgeway-search-hunt-missing-westminster-girl-shifts

IMO the shoulder bag is exceedingly important especially if they find that and nothing else. From Jessica's case; "The backpack is the first solid lead police have had since Jessica vanished. In this type of investigation, a forensic examination of the backpack and contents would be likely conducted to look for possible fingerprints, hair, fibers and DNA that doesn't belong to Jessica."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...eway-still-no-clues-after-3-days-of-searching

In that case they not only had DNA from the backpack but also had a DNA hit in CODIS. THAT Detail and the the details of what was inside were not released until Austin Sigg went to trial.
<snip>
"Inside the backpack, they found boots, prescription glasses, jeans, winter gloves, a tie-dyed T-shirt, a water bottle and Jessica's underwear. According to Lopez, police found "touch DNA" inside her underwear. That DNA matched a sample taken from the Ketner Lake incident where a jogger was attacked and the suspect was never found."

http://www.9news.com/dontmiss/318631/630/Suspect-in-Ridgeway

All of the details of the items found in the backpack told police that Jessica had died But they did not release that information;
<snip>
"Two days after Jessica disappeared, investigators found her backpack on a sidewalk in a Superior subdivision. Jessica's purple glasses were inside. "The glasses tell you she's dead," Sargent said. "There's a reason he chose the items that smelled of urine, her jacket and socks and other items of clothing he threw out. He chose carefully."
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24631031/evidence-details-twisted-path-that-led-austin-sigg

All that they released after they found this evidence was that people should not focus on what she was wearing but rather on how she looked;
<snip>
"A new flier was prepared Monday that shows her without her glasses.
He said he wants the public to focus on Jessica's facial features, not necessarily the clothes she was wearing on Friday. Remember what she looks like, he said."

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_21724656/search-continues-missing-westminster-girl-jessica-ridgeway

The importance and the veracity of what actual evidence they Do find is critical in the investigation from the standpoint that if it is compromised in any way the child may not be found or the perpetrator may simply get away. ~Celina Cass~

In Abby's case I do not believe they have ANY of that kind of evidence but they have something. If they do, in fact, have the shoulder bag there is something about it, placement, position, location, DNA, something - that led LE to rush into violent crime mode within 48 hours. We don't know what it is and I don't believe we need to know what it is , IMO.

The details we want to know are not necessarily the details that will help Abby get home. It might make me feel better knowing where this 'letter' was mailed, but if it was mailed in Fall River MA that might cause people in Springfield to not be looking? I could drive to Conway today and mail a letter because I don't want to be found. I can be back home and be done with it in about 5 hours ( I need lunch lol). But guess what! While yer all looking for Steleheart in Conway he is nowhere near there and no one is looking where I actually am!

I should probably apologize for going on about this But I think that sometimes the things we want made public, the things that frustrate us most, are exactly those things that could harm the effort to Get Abby home.

Thank you Steleheart! "sometimes the things we want made public, the things that frustrate us most, are exactly those things that could harm the effort to Get Abby home". . That's exactly true! This is a major investigation and there will be details that are not made public so as not to interfere with the case. Thank you for saying that! I don't think a lot of people really understand how investigations work, I sure didn't until 122 days ago :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETClkdHeqbk&feature=youtu.be

I haven't been following lately, so not sure if this was posted. I'm trying to figure out what the purpose of this video was. Has there been more letters? Z says something like the correspondences have been nice, but she'd like to hear her voice. Has there been mention of any further communication from Abby???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo