NH NH - Elizabeth Marriott, 19, Durham, 9 Oct 2012 - # 1 *S. Mazzaglia guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds extremely obvious and I'm sure they've checked this out, but could she have been mugged, carjacked or something and be in the hospital unidentified?

FBI joins search for missing Westborough native, reward offered

Chester Police Chief William F. Burke said Marriott, 19, was last seen on the UNH campus at one of her nighttime classes Tuesday.

Burke said Marriott’s 2001 Mazda Tribute – New Hampshire plate number 3045397 – has not been located.

Chester Police said the reward amount is $10,000 and will posted on the flyers.

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/n...for-missing-Westborough-native-reward-offered

I just moved to this area. I'll will keep a look out for her vehicle, i keep getting lost so I've been going down quiet roads. I just feel shred might of gotten in a accident.

If she left class at 9pm at UNH Durham, walked to a campus parking lot and then headed up to Dover (25 minute drive max) she should have arrived before 10pm, even if she stopped for gas or went through a drive-thru. But her phone pings at 10:10pm in Dover and friend(s) say she never arrived.

The missing poster says: “Last Contact was 10/9 evening in Dover, NH near the hospital.” https://twitter.com/telegramdotcom/status/256747441527861248/photo/1 To me (on Google maps), all the hospitals in Dover, NH appear to be in the north end of the city, whereas she would have been arriving from the southwest.

This is sounding extremely dire…
Yes, that is VERY strange. Do we know where the friends live? Because the route she would take into Dover in general wouldn't take her near any of the hospitals unless her friends lived near (I'm guessing) Wentworth-Douglas, which could be the case. But then, there is no way the car wouldn't have been found by now--that is our "main" street and residential. Somebody would have seen something.

This sounds extremely obvious and I'm sure they've checked this out, but could she have been mugged, carjacked or something and be in the hospital unidentified?
That could be a possibility but I really doubt it. In the decade I've lived here, I've never heard of carjacking at all and our crime is pretty much petty stuff and domestic disputes for the most part.

I have a fear she may have wrecked somewhere and isn't visible from the road.

The road from Durham to Dover is fairly well lit and well traveled at that time of night, but there are still places she could have swerved to miss a deer, or missed a curve or whatever and ended up in the puckerbrush and not visible with all the foliage right now.

If she had maybe changed her mind about visiting friends and turned around and headed back to Chester then I would really think that. Much curvier road, way less traveled and way darker at night (we don't really have street lights outside of towns or on roads between towns).

I hope she is found soon!

It would depend on what route she took. If she took Rt 108, that is wide open and there is no way she or her car is hidden.

If she took Rt 155 then it is possible but unlikely that she crashed and her car is hidden. This is a dark and curvy road.

The article states that her phone pinged in Dover so it appears that she made it. Dover is a small city but with a large area. Most college students live in town because of the bus route/bars/things to do.

I live in Dover so I will see where the activity is....

So if she was near that hospital there would be no place too go off road and not be seen?

Lizzi Marriott 19 MISSING - UNH Student - Chester NH - October 09 2012- Please Distribute.jpg
How YOU can help to look for Elizabeth Marriott - UNH Student Missing in NH
Lizzi's family needs the help of the entire community. This is their daughter, their child. The chances that she took off without any personal belongings or clothing is very slim. It is always a possibility that she may have gone off a roadway. At present there is not indication of "foul play" and the investigators and police officers are diligently working and investigating. However, time is of the essence. The public needs to help find Lizzi. Here are some steps that you can take to assist:

In and around the Dover, NH area is the most ideal place to start. This is where her phone last "pinged" so it is the most "ideal" location for a car pool check. You must have 2 participants. Yourself the driver, and a passenger to look.

1. Look for clear disturbance off the roadways. Gravel that may appear to be tire tracks leading off the emergency pull off area. Look for trees that may have "fresh tears" or damaged limbs. DO NOT do this while YOU are driving. Have a passenger look while a driver is operating the vehicle. Do not hold up traffic. You may need to make numerous rounds and retrace your "steps." The passenger should also be looking for possible fresh skid marks, as well. IF YOU SPOT anything amiss, safely pull off the road with your flashers and call authorities.

2. Drive through shopping plazas, hotel parking lots, Department stores…any large parking lot and see if you can spot her vehicle: a 2001 tan Mazda Tribute, with NH plates, 304-5397
Below is a photo of a similar vehicle, not actual. Same color and year/make/model. IF SPOTTED DO NOT TOUCH VEHICLE. Call 9-1-1 immediately!!

3. Print poster above and have a group go to various businesses and ask permission to hang on storefront windows. Not on the entrance doors as that obscures the cashiers view of incoming traffic. (safety reasons) ; ask to post on the actual counter where customers pay. Do not go to large corporate chains (Kohls, Walmart, McDonald's, etc.) as they need corporate approval. Instead, go to high traffic areas such as gas stations, mini marts, strip malls, etc.

4. If you have ANY INFORMATION, no matter how insignificant it may seem…contact police right away. The investigating agency is the Chester NH Police and they can be reached at 603- 887-2080, or your local police, or 9-1-1

has anyone else wondered why the fbi is involved so quickly?

Just for that fact alone I personally lean a bit away from an accident along the road.

:moo:

Hi neighbor-I'm in Dover too!

I can't imagine she didn't take 108 but there are a few areas that are brushy enough, even just outside Dover---say from the Hannaford to the Rt. 4 interchange? I think that would all ping as Dover.

The weird thing to me though is the ping near WD.

I think that checking hospitals (and jails) for any unidentified people is one thing that is pretty much standard in these cases, anyway. In fact, I would think that hospitals would contact LE if and when this happens as well. JMO

"Marriott is a freshman at UNH and graduated from Westborough High School last year."
http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/n...stborough-native-reward-offered#ixzz2962zdpjK

I wonder if she’d been to the friend’s house in Dover before that evening since she was just new to the area? Maybe she was on Route 108 (Central Ave in Dover) and missed the side street, ended up out of town at the north-end and then asked the wrong person for directions? Sometimes you keep driving a wee bit thinking that the street will be just ahead and whoops you’re out of town before you finally stop and call/text for additional details.

So if she was near that hospital there would be no place too go off road and not be seen?
Not really. It is commercial on one side of street and residential on the other, for the most part. She'd have ended up in a house or business if she went of the road near the hospital.

Where is wd located ? I'm new to the area but recognize Routes and roads by name lol. I'm a town over but only 5 minutes from dover.

"Marriott is a freshman at UNH and graduated from Westborough High School last year."
http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/n...stborough-native-reward-offered#ixzz2962zdpjK

I wonder if she’d been to the friend’s house in Dover before that evening since she was just new to the area? Maybe she was on Route 108 (Central Ave in Dover) and missed the side street, ended up out of town at the north-end and then asked the wrong person for directions? Sometimes you keep driving a wee bit thinking that the street will be just ahead and whoops you’re out of town before you finally stop and call/text for additional details.
You would really have to loop around all of Dover to do that--108 coming in from UNH to 108 (Central) near the hospital actually turns you from south to north and sends you through the entire (little) downtown area and up through commercial and residential.

She'd know way before WD that she was lost---I'm still wondering if the friends lived up that way?

Where is wd located ? I'm new to the area but recognize Routes and roads by name lol. I'm a town over but only 5 minutes from dover.
It's on Central right past the Shaw's and Hannaford's plazas, as you are headed down into town.

Hi neighbor-I'm in Dover too!

I can't imagine she didn't take 108 but there are a few areas that are brushy enough, even just outside Dover---say from the Hannaford to the Rt. 4 interchange? I think that would all ping as Dover.

The weird thing to me though is the ping near WD.

If her phone pinged near the hospital I am not having a good feeling~This is a main road with lots of traffic.

I have lived in Dover for 27 years~

Pretty busy area, could she have stopped to get gas. In Maine we would have to hunt for gas stations in nh they area all next to each other little ot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname