AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
surprised there was not a scream as she would not have wanted to leave her brother, but maybe the abductor covered her mouth immediately. the number of people who own orange shoes AND a red van is finite.
Maybe she did scream, but it is a playground, where children scream, parents yell for them to be careful or to get down, etc.

The red pants!? It is making sense now !
See, maybe it's just me, but there are a lot of kids and adults, male and female, that wear red pants and orange shoes. Shoe stores up here have every color of the rainbow for track and field sneakers, running shoes, walking shoes.

Adults have acne, too. I know of a couple of people in their 40's and 50's that have it, and I had a friend who developed adult acne in her 40's as well.

“I saw my son crying because someone had [thrown] his ice cream on the floor and after that he started pointing behind those buildings over there,” Noema told reporters of some structures near the playground. “We thought she was just hiding … she was just playing hide and seek.”

Perez began to search for the young girl—even calling family members to assist in the search—but there was no sign of the 5-year-old. The family called police just before 5 p.m.

Missing 5-Year-Old New Jersey Girl Was Taken From Park By Man In Red Van, Authorities Believe

Is it common / usual to say “threw it on the floor” when something was actually thrown on the ground? I consider the floor to be indoors and the ground to be outside. Do some use those interchangeably. Is it regional? I live on the west coast and have never heard anyone call the ground the floor.

Is there any chance Dulce and her brother were inside the building with the perp at any time? Maybe it was locked, undisturbed, and his ice cream was on the ground behind the building and that is how they knew he was pointing behind and not in?

One thing that I noticed is that mama describes that he was crying because someone threw his ice cream, but she doesn’t say he said that. She says he pointed behind the building but doesn’t say he said Dulce went behind the building. Her not saying “he said...” doesn’t mean he didn’t say those things, of course. I guess I’m just hopeful and wonder how well he is able to communicate and what kind of info he was able to share. I hope he was able to give some sort of info even if it was just “go” and “man”. Something, anything, to verify that she left with a man. Aside from the witnesses who may or may not have seen Dulce and a man (vs some other little girl with her dad), what is to say she didn’t just wander off and get lost in the park?

Could he have borrowed it or stolen it, returned it without the owner knowing it was missing?

Maybe. If I were the kidnapping sort, I’d try to avoid going about it in a red van, but I suppose the choices aren’t always plentiful! And anyone who would do something like this can’t be that bright so I’m not sure why I expect they’d think about it. Someone else mentioned it could just have been a crime of opportunity, which I tend to think was the case.

Maybe. If I were the kidnapping sort, I’d try to avoid going about it in a red van, but I suppose the choices aren’t always plentiful! And anyone who would do something like this can’t be that bright so I’m not sure why I expect they’d think about it. Someone else mentioned it could just have been a crime of opportunity, which I tend to think was the case.
It’s very possible that the van might already be painted a different color to avoid suspicion from LE.

If this is a stranger kidnappings, pedophiles who are determined to get a child have done it in front of relatives. So they could be so determined they are not even concerned about being noticed. Anyhow, despite his colorful attire, this particular guy (if he exists) seems to have vanished into thin air.

That they are interviewing the children is a good thing. The kids on the playground would have been closer and may have seen something that they would not think anything of at the time or would not think was important.
Hopefully they have someone who is experienced with children questioning them because they may have some valuable information. Imo
Sorry if this has been discussed, but I am a few pages behind. I know for a fact that they have special types of therapy for really young children called "Play Therapy", this entails playing with dolls to tell a story, drawing a picture, etc. I hope that the police bring in someone experienced with communicating with children in this way to help the brother communicate what he possibly saw & possibly get some answers to some of the questions. Children are more observant than people give hem credit for, but they can't always communicate what they see or experience like older kids or adults can & that is where this particular "therapy" can come in & help. I think maybe sweet little Dulce purposely knocked the ice cream out of his hand to make him go to his mom & keep him safe as well as alert the mom to the fact that something was wrong, JMO.

It’s very possible that the van might already be painted a different color to avoid suspicion from LE.
Bingo! We had a neighborhood pervert using his son's white car to try and get girls inside the car for ice cream or a trip to the candy store. He was doing this for a couple of months. One day, I happened to notice there was a story in the local paper with a sketch of my neighbor- they were looking for him, as girls were telling their parents about him, but they didn't catch the license plate.

Not even the next day, the son took his car to an auto body mechanic and had it painted black. Unfortunately, it was a common car. I don't know if anything happened after several of us called LE, but let's just say, that there were no more instances of that happening in our town.

Last edited:
Another thought on the van: could it have been wrapped?

If the park is 1100 acres, and surrounding area has plenty of room to hide out, it doesn't take a lot of imagination to sadly think of what could have happened. A predator could do sick deed(s) in the van in the time her family was searching, leave her somewhere in the park or general area, and be long gone before anyone was looking for him.

JMO.

I keep thinking of little HT from an older case- the one where some disgusting varmint knocked her poor mother out after she dropped her older children off at school, and the Mom returned with a baby and HT. This was before the Watts and Berreth cases on here. HT was kidnapped, and thankfully, two alert men saw her in a vehicle, called the police, and she was safe.

Many folks in the HT and her mother thread believed either the mother was lying, or it was a love affair gone wrong, or the dad who did something. I got a VERY strong vibe about that being a stranger abduction in HT's case- I even thought that perhaps he was watching her poor Mom's routine, etc and then one day made his move.

I don't know why, but I get this same vibe here. I am NOT saying that this man isn't known to the family- he could be a neighbor, attendant at a Convenient store they frequent, etc. For some reason, I truly believe this was an abduction planned out by some cruel stalker- whether known or not to the family. I just can't shake this feeling.

Most of you have posted with me here for years know- I am always looking at those parents, spouses, ex boyfriends or girlfriends, step parents first and very closely. Always. This time, though, I do believe this is an outsider that has done this and that the mother is innocent and had no way of knowing this was coming. To me, she sounds like a fun and caring young Mom, taking them out for ice cream, to the playground after, while helping her little sister with her homework in the car.

Is it common / usual to say “threw it on the floor” when something was actually thrown on the ground? I consider the floor to be indoors and the ground to be outside. Do some use those interchangeably. Is it regional? I live on the west coast and have never heard anyone call the ground the floor.

Is there any chance Dulce and her brother were inside the building with the perp at any time? Maybe it was locked, undisturbed, and his ice cream was on the ground behind the building and that is how they knew he was pointing behind and not in?

One thing that I noticed is that mama describes that he was crying because someone threw his ice cream, but she doesn’t say he said that. She says he pointed behind the building but doesn’t say he said Dulce went behind the building. Her not saying “he said...” doesn’t mean he didn’t say those things, of course. I guess I’m just hopeful and wonder how well he is able to communicate and what kind of info he was able to share. I hope he was able to give some sort of info even if it was just “go” and “man”. Something, anything, to verify that she left with a man. Aside from the witnesses who may or may not have seen Dulce and a man (vs some other little girl with her dad), what is to say she didn’t just wander off and get lost in the park?

Spanish is her first language. She is fluent in English but I’m going to say she doesn’t used all words correctly. My husband is Central American and is fluent in English but only spoke Spanish until he was 5. There are things he says in English that I usually don’t hear because of how he learned to translate it in his head. When we go somewhere in the car he will ask me “are you getting down from the car.” I always tell him it’s “out of the car.”

I wouldn’t read too much into it.

I haven't seen the google maps of the area. is the parking lot near the buildings the brother pointed to?

He was crying about someone knocking his ice cream to the ground and he pointed to the buildings behind the playground when his mom asked him where his sister went. I don't think anyone coerced him in those first moments. I believe his words were accurate, at least in those incidences. Mom trusted his account enough to ask and he pointed it out. JMO

I have a 2 year old grandson who says "Right there" and points when you ask him where something or someone is, even if you already know where it is. Dulce's brother's age is given as 3, but could be closer to 3 1/2 or 4.

she sounds like a fun and caring young Mom, taking them out for ice cream, to the playground after, while helping her little sister with her homework in the car.

Yes. Almost like an older sister to all of them, giving her own mom a break from a house full of little ones.

There is something weird about this case but I'm going to be surprised if the mom is involved. If she is, why take all the kids out for ice cream & the park? Wouldn't that complicate things?

play therapy is not a literal reenactment of events - kids have a very metaphorical interpretation and representation of events. although it would be good for the brother to process the trauma, it may not provide any relevant details about what actually happened.

Sorry if this has been discussed, but I am a few pages behind. I know for a fact that they have special types of therapy for really young children called "Play Therapy", this entails playing with dolls to tell a story, drawing a picture, etc. I hope that the police bring in someone experienced with communicating with children in this way to help the brother communicate what he possibly saw & possibly get some answers to some of the questions. Children are more observant than people give hem credit for, but they can't always communicate what they see or experience like older kids or adults can & that is where this particular "therapy" can come in & help. I think maybe sweet little Dulce purposely knocked the ice cream out of his hand to make him go to his mom & keep him safe as well as alert the mom to the fact that something was wrong, JMO.

I’ve never felt it was mom. I’ve always felt it was a stranger abduction with a touch of it maybe being her dad getting someone to take her to Mexico.

Predators know how to pick their victims. Young mom, language barrier, illegal immigrant community. He probably also never thought it would get this much media attention due to her being a little Mexican girl. He picked the perfect victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes