AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
“More than 200 locations, including abandoned buildings and desolate areas have been searched, including several extensive searches of the Bridgeton Recreational Area and the City Park by land, air, and water,” Webb-McRae said.

To date, investigators have received and processed over 1,000 tips and over 500 vehicles have been identified and investigated. They are also investigating photos and videos of the Bridgeton City Park Recreational Area at around the time Dulce went missing.

“Investigators have reviewed and continue to make contact with numerous sex offenders throughout the county to ascertain their whereabouts around the time Dulce went missing,” Webb-McRae said.
Investigators Searching for ‘Key Piece of Information’ for Missing 5-Year-Old, Dulce Maria Alavez

“More than 200 locations, including abandoned buildings and desolate areas have been searched, including several extensive searches of the Bridgeton Recreational Area and the City Park by land, air, and water,” Webb-McRae said.

To date, investigators have received and processed over 1,000 tips and over 500 vehicles have been identified and investigated. They are also investigating photos and videos of the Bridgeton City Park Recreational Area at around the time Dulce went missing.

“Investigators have reviewed and continue to make contact with numerous sex offenders throughout the county to ascertain their whereabouts around the time Dulce went missing,” Webb-McRae said.
Investigators Searching for ‘Key Piece of Information’ for Missing 5-Year-Old, Dulce Maria Alavez
These are abandoned buildings and desolate areas and I wonder if they have thoroughly searched the buildings the brother pointed to and to the other buildings around the baseball field etc. or whether they honed in on the red van and the slender Hispanic man and assumed she was not in the immediate area.
A part of me really feels like she isn't that far away from the playground. MOO MOO MOO

Welcome @flowoftime to Websleuths! Do you have any opinions or theories about what happened to little Dulce?

@SeattleStew i work with a lot of the mexican community also about 10 minutes away from the park. I have heard a few things from the mexican/spanish community but i do not want to put them on here because
A. it would be against the rules i think.
B. im not sure if its even true so not speculating.

as for myself im not sure.

Can someone link me to the exact location where they say her mother was parked and where they say she was taken? i do not have much time to research the exact locations due to work. I will go there and take some pictures and check it out myself when i get the time. I've looked for this Otto? guys maps but i cant find them :/

Last edited:
@SeattleStew i work with a lot of the mexican community also about 10 minutes away from the park. I have heard a few things from the mexican/spanish community but i do not want to put them on here because

Can someone link me to the exact location where they say her mother was parked and where they say she was taken? i do not have much time to research the exact locations due to work. I will go there and take some pictures and check it out myself when i get the time.
Could you also take some pictures of the buildings the brother pointed to? Can you take some from back there looking toward the playground, I have never quite understood how someone could have seen her put into the back seat of the red van parked behind the buildings if they were not right back there with them.
Thank you for this.

These are abandoned buildings and desolate areas and I wonder if they have thoroughly searched the buildings the brother pointed to and to the other buildings around the baseball field etc. or whether they honed in on the red van and the slender Hispanic man and assumed she was not in the immediate area.
A part of me really feels like she isn't that far away from the playground. MOO MOO MOO
They have searched the park a bunch of times. I don't think they were ever convinced of the red van story, considering it came from a child of tender years. They have brought a bloodhound also, and it tracked for a while, but I am not sure where it ended up.

Watching the most recent Press conference with the Country Prosecutor, Police Chief and others what hit me was how the Police Chief made it quite clear and strong that, "nobody has been cleared". To make this statement after 2 weeks of very intense investigation by multiple LE agencies and assistance from the Federal Govt., indicates to me that the nature of this case is very complicated and multifaceted.
I think it just means that they have no idea what happened to Dulce, unfortunately. As they explained, they can't clear anybody until they know what happened, and as of now they obviously don't.

Can someone link me to the exact location where they say her mother was parked and where they say she was taken? i do not have much time to research the exact locations due to work. I will go there and take some pictures and check it out myself when i get the time. I've looked for this Otto? guys maps but i cant find them :/
Welcome, flowoftime!
I don't know how to link but there is map on thread 2, #5, by another poster who is familiar with the park. (Hudsonnotary)
It looks like mom was parked by the basketball courts and could see diagonally through the courts to the swings. (about 30 yards away) The storage buildings are behind the swings, where it is said was the area where she disappeared. The van may have been parked near Burt Street and on the map you can see the possible paths out. (in black.)
Hope that helps! Imo

Last edited:

This is where the car was parked. I'm curious whether a car parked next to that building has a clear sight-line to the swings.

upload_2019-10-5_13-28-21.png

Welcome, flowoftime!
I don't know how to link but there is map on thread 2, #5, by another poster who is familiar with the park. (Hudsonnotary)
It looks like mom was parked by the basketball courts and could see diagonally through the courts to the swings. The storage buildings are behind the swings, where it is said was the area where she disappeared. The van may have been parked near Burt Street and on the map you can see the possible paths out. (in black.)
Hope that helps! Imo

I keep thinking about possibly 2 bball games going on while Mom was in the car. I'm not convinced Mom saw anything and perhaps that is why the 911 call is all heresay. All Mom can verify is that Dulce was gone from where she was supposed to be on the playground. Beyond this Mom had no info.

If you had both courts in action with players and possibly people hanging around the perimeter of the 2 courts, would mom or her sister have been able to see anything of the 2 children?

Also, as others here have asked about 2 children holding ice creams, I wonder if the 2 small children would have gone to the swings with their ice creams or would they possible have stopped mid way or possibly a bench or sat on the ground to finish the ice creams? Swinging with ice cream would be tricky for a small child IMO and I even wonder if the 3 yo could have gotten up on the swing without his sisters help and ditto for getting out?

My question is, did the 2 children make it to the swings or were they closer to Mom and sister in car than originally thought or were they further away from Mom near the 2 DPW white sheds?

We heard about someone possibly motioning Dulce in the area near the 2 DPW white shed? Could the children have gone in that direction towards the sheds to eat their ice creams?

This is where the car was parked. I'm curious whether a car parked next to that building has a clear sight-line to the swings.

View attachment 207816
@otto, I think it could also be impacted by how many folks were playing bball on the courts and how much of a crowd might have been hanging around the perimeter of the 2 courts. With no obstructions and based on your map it might have been possible to peak and possibly see a top of a head of one of the children.

But Dulce was just a little over 3 ft tall and her brother at 3 yo would have been even shorter.

Its also tough to understand the topography of the playground as it appears it might dip down a bit in the area near the swings which would make it even harder possibly to see the 2 small children IMO.

@flowoftime and @SeattleStew just wanted to put @ottos brilliant map with your tags on it so you can find it quickly as it sounded like you were jammed at work!

Thanks for helping!

If you could tell us also about the slope of the playground vs where the car would have been parked and whether if the 2 courts were filled with players and people watching whether that would have made it impossible to see the playground I think that would be super helpful to all who are trying to visualise the scene based on what Mom and Sister would have been able to see (or not)! @otto posted the map a few posts above this post but you can also click below link and get to his great map!

AMBER ALERT - NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #4

View attachment 207816

Ok, i will go there probably tomorrow or latest during early next week and i will park there and see if i can see the swings. i will also go behind the storage building and take a video or pictures, ill take pictures from other spots as well.

Last edited:
Welcome, flowoftime!
It looks like mom was parked by the basketball courts and could see diagonally through the courts to the swings. The storage buildings are behind the swings, where it is said was the area where she disappeared. The van may have been parked near Burt Street and on the map you can see the possible paths out. (in black.)
Hope that helps! Imo
From what has been reported, mother's view of swings was obstructed by a small hill.

For me it isn't as important to know if mom could see them as they were playing but WHO and more importantly HOW the eyewitness could see the man put her into the back seat of the van unless he was down behind the building too.
Ok, so you wonder if someone either on the court or hanging around the court could see over by the 2 DPW sheds? Is that the question? I'll tag @flowtime as I believe they said they might be able to check it all out tomorrow.

For me it isn't as important to know if mom could see them as they were playing but WHO and more importantly HOW the eyewitness could see the man put her into the back seat of the van unless he was down behind the building too.
Especially considering eyewitness is a child of tender years, what would he/she be doing up there by him or herself? Obviously if the child wasn't by himself, there would have been an adult eyewitness also. Is there anybody living in those buildings?

“To date, we are still searching for that key piece of information that we need to lead us to Dulce, or to the circumstances surrounding her disappearance,” said Cumberland County Prosecutor Jennifer Webb-McRae. "In the absence of physical evidence indicating that Dulce has been physically harmed, we remain hopeful and continue to act under the premise she is still alive."

Considering the size of their search, Webb-McRae believes Dulce is not is this area.

"That is why we are asking the public at-large — greater than Cumberland County, greater than the state of New Jersey, across the country — to remain vigilant, and if they spot someone who appears to be Dulce, not to discount it," she said.

"Until the child is located and until we can determined what happened to the child, no one is cleared," he added.

Authorities are asking anyone who was in that park on Sept. 16 to give the Bridgeton police a call or submit a tip anonymously by texting TIP-411. Tipsters do not have to disclose immigration status.

"We are not permitted to ask about it as part of the immigrant trust directive," noted Webb-McRae.
Officials remain hopeful missing Dulce is alive, ask public at-large for help

Especially considering eyewitness is a child of tender years, what would he/she be doing up there by him or herself? Obviously if the child wasn't by himself, there would have been an adult eyewitness also. Is there anybody living in those buildings?
Those buildings are park maintenance buildings, no one lives there.

I believe that people could see the side of the buildings that face the playground and the BB courts but the red van was assumed to have been BEHIND the buildings, hidden (not said by LE though). So how could the eyewitness have the detail that he had as to the van, where he put her without being behind the buildings too>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500