NJ NJ - Margaret Haddican-McEnroe, 29, Warren, 10 Oct 2006

That struck me odd also that he waited. Though it is not unheard of, I would think most mother's would not leave their baby alone especially since she had other children as well. Plus the money he said is missing is not really able to be tracked since he stated it was cash..

I would think a husband would overall know his wife enough to know if her leaving the baby unattended would be out of one's character.. (JMO)

Bobbisangel said:
I believe the husband said that his wife was taking the money to deposit it in the bank the morning that she disappeared. I wonder if he said they had that amount of money and that she was heading to the bank so that it might look like someone robbed her and maybe murdered her or abducted her?

It doesn't sound like she planned to go anywhere. She was an active gal and had the baby at home. The other two children must have been in school. I doubt that she left the baby at home along in order to run away. The husband probably didn't know that she had told her father that she planned to get a divorce. I wonder what was going on in the marriage and if she had told her husband that she wanted a divorce. He sure didn't mention it.

My money is on the husband until we hear more about this case. His story doesn't sound believable to me.

The husband also said that, I believe she had called him, baby formula was needed so he brought some home about two hours later and that's when he found her missing. Going out to the bank but not having baby formula doesn't quite add up either. My husband heard the report on Nancy Grace and thinks that being in the army would prepare a person to disappear and take along money, jacket, i.d., and duffle bag, but I don't really believe that is the case.

Bobbisangel said:
I believe the husband said that his wife was taking the money to deposit it in the bank the morning that she disappeared. I wonder if he said they had that amount of money and that she was heading to the bank so that it might look like someone robbed her and maybe murdered her or abducted her?

It doesn't sound like she planned to go anywhere. She was an active gal and had the baby at home. The other two children must have been in school. I doubt that she left the baby at home along in order to run away. The husband probably didn't know that she had told her father that she planned to get a divorce. I wonder what was going on in the marriage and if she had told her husband that she wanted a divorce. He sure didn't mention it.

My money is on the husband until we hear more about this case. His story doesn't sound believable to me.
I agree, the husbands story definately doesnt sound "right". I heard she had suffered from depression in the past and he waits 2 days before saying shes gone. for all he knew she went off and killed herself.

Correct me if I am wrong but one of the oldest children is not her husbands right? Why would she run away from this man and leave her children with him. Just doesnt add up. He did seem very sad on NG but I still have my doubts about him. I hope I am wrong and she ran awy.

I would be depressed too, if I had a husband who cared so little for me that he would wait two days to get help if I were missing.

If I wanted to get rid of my wife I would want her to seem depressed to divert attention from myself as a suspect.

I wonder if she was breastfeeding. That would explain no formula in the house and his knowing he was going to need to buy it that day if he knew she wouldn't be home to feed the baby.

Susan

In the article it stated that she was going through a custody battle with her oldest childs father...wonder if this has something to do with her disappearance?

I thought that I heard he was only the father of the baby? Could be wrong though, but there was never a mention from what I saw as to where the other two children were doing this time which I remember thinking was odd when I was watching it that it was not brought up...

Straitfan said:
I thought that I heard he was only the father of the baby? Could be wrong though, but there was never a mention from what I saw as to where the other two children were doing this time which I remember thinking was odd when I was watching it that it was not brought up...
i think i heard they were in school ....why leave your 2 kids who dont belong to this man with them if you are going to take off....if she took off there would be a reason why....i think something sounds fishy and the police need to get busy

Thanks for the heads up.

Happy New Year to all and may this year bring answers for all the families who need them.

http://www.c-n.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061217/NEWS/612170307

Lisa is Margaret's friend , she told the Husband not to report her missing because when she got back he would be in trouble.

"Now, Lisa is running different images in her head. She said Haddican-McEnroe could be impulsive. She wondered if her friend just needed a break and left the house. She even told McEnroe not to report her missing after two days because when she did come back, he'd be in a heap of trouble."

If you read this ,it will leave you with more questions. I just got done watching Nancy Grace and formed a few thoughts ,then I read this and I am puzzled.

This is strange. She had a 6 month old baby a 20 month old baby and a 9 year old.

If the 6 month old was home ,where was the 20 month old? Not home?

If this guy is a landscaper why was his yard a mess with leaves ?

http://www.c-n.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061217/NEWS/612170306

Custody changes

Haddican-McEnroe's first-born daughter, Sarah, is staying with the Haddicans -- who filed an order to show cause almost immediately after Haddican-McEnroe went missing, McEnroe said.

Haddican-McEnroe's adoptive mother, Eileen Haddican, said she and her husband understood that McEnroe was told by the courts that Sarah could not stay with him because she had no biological link to him.

To add to the family's stress, Diel and McEnroe said Sarah's biological father was also attempting to get shared custody rights of Sarah prior to the disappearance.

"Sarah's biological father doesn't see her," McEnroe said. "I don't care what anybody says, I consider Sarah my daughter and it killed me when I couldn't do anything to prevent the Haddicans from taking her from me."

McEnroe said he delayed telling the Haddicans about their adoptive daughter's disappearance because he knew it would mean they would get custody of Sarah and that his wife didn't want that.

Neither Diel nor McEnroe could provide a full name for Sarah's biological father. He could not be reached to comment.

The Haddicans have not called McEnroe to offer him assistance of any kind, he said, though he is now caring for two babies, eight and 22 months old.

"I have help from people," said McEnroe, a landscaper. "I have customers coming to my house for food and offers to watch the kids while I go shopping and these are people that pay me."

But the costs are mounting as life goes on and bills need to be paid. "We're doing our best here," he said. "I just want her home. I miss my best friend.

"She'll be back. She'll be back when she wants to be back."

If you are going to court for custody changes , there had to be paperwork there with the bio fathers name on it . He is the father of the oldest one.

The poor 9 year old must be frantic.

Gmommy said:
It's not a stupid question at all. My husband was an adopted child so it's pretty easy for me to come to that conclusion. That just sounds off, like I've adopted myself a husband ;)

Haven't all us married ladies adopted ourselves a husband? That's a good way of putting it.

A domestic call the day before. A broken phone .They worked it out between themselves. Mom is missing. Baby is left home alone. A domestic call the day before. Dad waits 2 days to notify the police. A domestic call the day before.

This kills me.

They were in a fight the day before.
Maybe he pulled in and caught her packing up the babies I am more inclined to beleive he caught her leaving. Was the cell phone broken when the Police came the day before? I read on CTV Board she wouldn't leave the children. Her sister is very worried. As is her mother and father. Sisters know.
The family is trying to remain positive.

Better get a hold of his truck and equiptment and take a look . Nobody leaves in pajama bottoms unless your running out to the car .

One more thing is confusing the night before he ran out to get formula according to him . Did he say he left at 11a.m.ish then cam back at 1:30p.m. to look at a job or bring formula or to confront her that the money wasnt deposited yet?
Her friend talked to her in the morning and said she was going to Target and stopping by her house to pick up baby clothes.

Wondering if the fight was over the money.Always is.

Both custody disputes and making an effort to separate or divorce are common motives.
The 'friend' who says she told him not to report her missing sounds a little off. Is she saying that her 'friend' would go off and leave her little one alone? Or is she more a 'friend' of the hubby?

If my best friend was missing I sure wouldn't tell her husband not to report her missing for two days because if she returned he would be in trouble!! That doesn't even make sense. Was the friend thinking that you couldn't report a missing person for 48 hours? That would be up to the police I would think but by all means...call them.

This gal is still missing and I just don't think that she took off on her own and left that baby alone. If she had a 9 yr old, a 6 mo old and a 20 some month old baby where was the 20 mo old baby when she left the house. She had two babies that would have been home and a daughter in school.

From what I remember the husband and wife had been having problems over the 9 yr old girl. The husband said that it had been worked out though and everything was going good before the wife disappeared.

From what I've read of this case over on CTV it sounds like a lot of fighting between the bio and adoptive parents and the best friend and who knows who. There are friends and family that are posting over there. Interesting to hear their opinions about what happened and what is happening.

Courier News Online - As her daughter turns 1, no sign of missing mom

Of all the milestones that have passed since Margaret Haddican-McEnroe's disappearance last October, this is one of the toughest.
Today marks the first birthday of her baby daughter, Melissa.

"I just think about the day when she was born," said Timothy McEnroe, Haddican-McEnroe's husband. "Melissa wasn't due until June, so she was in the hospital with all of these tubes. I'm glad she's doing well now, but just like Christmas and other birthdays, this is a difficult time..."

Since then, McEnroe has maintained custody of their two children, Melissa and Emily, 2. Haddican-McEnroe also has a daughter from a previous relationship, Sarah, 9, who is being watched by her parents, Patrick and Eileen Haddican, also of Warren. (So these poor children have been separated.)

More at link ...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname