NJ NJ - Margaret Haddican-McEnroe, 29, Warren, 10 Oct 2006

~snip~

Their relationship developed, despite her being stationed out in Fort Riley. Occasionally, he would visit her. But more often, much to McEnroe's surprise, she was coming back.

"I don't know how she actually did it," he said. "She came back like once a month, or once every month, which is kind of weird because the military doesn't give you that much time off."

McEnroe then smiled, recognizing his wife's unrelenting pursuit of getting her way.

"She did something -- and that's her," he said. "She was determined to see her daughter."

http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/thread.php?forumid=122775&threadid=1135248

That's from Tim himself. Kind of makes me think she didn't just get up and leave.

~snip~

Their relationship developed, despite her being stationed out in Fort Riley. Occasionally, he would visit her. But more often, much to McEnroe's surprise, she was coming back.

"I don't know how she actually did it," he said. "She came back like once a month, or once every month, which is kind of weird because the military doesn't give you that much time off."

McEnroe then smiled, recognizing his wife's unrelenting pursuit of getting her way.

"She did something -- and that's her," he said. "She was determined to see her daughter."

That's from Tim himself. Kind of makes me think she didn't just get up and leave.

Where did you find this on that site? I went there and clicked on Missing Adults because I thought that is where it would be but Margaret's name wasn't listed.

~snip~

OK, I had to post on this thread because unlike most of you, I knew this woman years ago and I can't say she left a good imperssion. I did a long myspace venting on this, and I won't rehash that, but suffice to say I am not a member of her fan club. Given what I learned about her, I'd call her "flakey" as well as determined (or manipulative). Sure, the husband might have been involved, but the explanation as to why he didn't call right away actually makes sense to me. And given my experience with her, I find it interesting that no one is willing to even speculate that she was stepping outside the marriage (as in why she articulated a desire for divorce) and that a partner of whoever she was with (or that person) had something to do with whatever happened to her.

The relationship she had with another member or members of the Warren Twsp Fire Dept may have not been so innocent -- and that may be why the police or the prosecutor could not get good information to help pinpoint her whereabouts. I've never seen anyone mention if the woman owned an ATV or dirt bike, etc. or if someone could have picked her up in one of these.

This woman was nothing like the saintly hero Nancy Grace made her out to be and her role in the breakup of my 7 year relationship with a volunteer fireman is only part of my evidence. Frankly, I think the mischaracterization of her actually interferes with finding out the truth of what became of her -- for what it's worth coming from me.

I believe she is dead. It has been too long for her not to contact someone about her children. Have the cops done anything about this case or have they just said she ran. If she did run (which I highly doubt) she would have to be so cold not to wonder about her kids. I guess the more I think about it I gues it does happen, but in this case I believe that someone killed her. Have the cops looked deeper into the friendship between the husband and friend? Did she have any secrets, such as a biyfriend or such. I really just need some type of news in this case it makes me so sad.

Hi everyone: just stopping by to see if there was any new news on Margarets case on this board. The other boards are still and no communications. Margaret's case appears to be fading away totally.
I just don't understand why the New Jersey Police cannot haul every single person of interest by force, via supeona, in for mandatory Lie Detector Test. I'm told it is in violation of our civil rights. But I ask you, isn't doing nothing in violation of Margaret's Civil Right Also?

Margaret's husband, who he and she had a dispute the day before her disappearance, police was called but Margaret had already left on her own accord, and went to her Father Haddican's home in a rage and announced she wanted a divorce, the so called best friend, Jersey Friend, who was also in the landscaping business and was astranged from her own husband who was seeing another woman, and dealt with Margaret's husband daily or weekly regarding business issues, this same woman telling the husband not to call police for 2 days? The Haddican's fighting for custody of Margaret's oldest child in court, because they had raised this child for Margaret while she was in the Army, wanted her forever! seems they didn't think Margaret was a fit mother, the oldest childs father fighting for visitations in court, being denied by Margaret due to issues and accusation of the oldest daughter about her father? And Margaret having a premature sick baby who was in the hospital a while before coming home, Margaret breast feeding this child, to me does not show unfit motherhood! "Breast Feeding is not EASY! It hurts everytime! and Margaret endureing all of this basically alone in New Jersey, with all her other family members far away in different states, were not there for physical support, all of this drama in ones life would have definately been enough to make a person walk away from her life as fast as she could.
Absolutely! the thought could have crossed her mind a hundred times during her Marriage with Tim of only 2 years and having two small children within those two years, and another daughter from previous relationship.

From the outside looking in, it would appear that Margaret possibly did have a break down an leave for a while, but you also gotta take into consideraton, the Heroic person she also was, Margaret was in the Army, she was a Firefighter! Physically Strong not to mention head strong and fiesty! per her father Haddican's remark, if someone tried to take Margaret against her will, they would have had a fight on their hands she wouldnt have went peacefully! She was a pistol ball. Her co workers speak of her character being that, of a person who was very stable mentally and emotionally, responsible, and not the kind of person who would have left her newborn baby alone for any reason in the crib that day and left the premises.

So, I see many persons of interest here indicating Foul Play.
I see the husband possibly freaking out when ask for a divorce from Margaret, not wanting to be a weekend daddy to his two girls.
This happens to Men alot, especially when he knew Margaret would more than likely flea New Jersey and move to another state just to get away from the family members in New Jersey giving her so much strife in her life.
After all she was determined not to loose custody of her oldest daughter to her adoptive parents, and determined the oldest daughter's father would not get visitation rights, as she was fighting both of these parties in a court of Law for her child. And I believe the so called best friend, by the best friend only, was more friendly with Margaret's husband rather than Margaret herself, and perhaps this is the reason for the rage and announcement she wanted a divorce! Doesn't make sense though that she would go to her Adoptive Father to announce this, as they were in a constant battle over her oldest child for custody? But he states this happened ???
With Margaret out of the Picture, immediately, the adoptive parents went straight to court only days after Margaret disappeared. got custody of the oldest child. The father of the oldest child joined them in court giving his persmission for them to have his daughter with visitation rights of coarse that he had already been demanding from Margaret but being refused.
And Margaret's Husband has custody of his two girls, and doesnt have to worry about being a weekend father and now he is even freed up to be a single man again, to ??? And I really wonder about this Jersey Friend, lurking in the background ready willing and able to just step right in and fill Margaret's shoes now ??? Is anyone but me seeing over the whole BOX here instead of looking inside or outside the box, but over the box, down the road a ways?? as to what the pay off is that Margaret worked for herself all them years she invested into the Army? the United States Army and the FireFighters! These were Jobs, with Benefits! What comes with being a retired vet. from the Army? BENEFITS! who would get these benefits???? No body went to court only days after Margaret disappeared to fight for custody of any child but the oldest child ????
After 2 years of a Missing Person being missing, most states allow the next of Kin to file for death benefits. They allow the family to declare you legally dead ???? It was stated somewhere? I wish I had the Link to post here today, that the Haddican's were in a terrible financial bind.
Simply for all the reasons stated above, if someone abducted Margaret that day, I do not believe they are still holding her hostage.

If Margaret left on her own accord because she couldnt take it any longer and did leave with the $11,000 not even the police can validate was even available to her??? She was very smart and intelligent, and in a very short period of time, I believe she could have accessed with that money, a way to retrieve her children back already and be set up in a place and position to do so. It's been 8 months now. She could have gotten back up on her feet really well, with that kind of MAD MONEY!

Did she go to a lifestyle of drugs and really checking out of reality completely ??? Is she walking the streets today an addict? Homeless?
If this happened, I feel very very confident that someone in her Birth Family knows exactly where she is at today then. I guess she could possibly have a dear enough Friend out there somewhere, who is hiding her out too. That is certainly possible.

Law Enforcement, the District Attorney, A Judge, someone in the Judicial System should be able to Legally Force this entire family both Adoptive and Birth family, to take these Lie Detector Test available to the Police force for Investigation purposes and ruling out possible persons of interest. They Certainly have Enough Probrable Cause to do so. What is this same Law Enforcement going to do in 2 years when the family can declare Margaret Legally dead and there is nothing they can do to stop them from Cashin In on Margarets Life Insurance, 401 -K etc.etc.
If the investigation has grown this cold in just 8 months, it appears even the police force is going to sit back and just wait and see what happens?
What is it going to take now, someone coming forward with a guilty conscious or Confession? It seems the Reward Money is not enough for a tipster to come forward yet ? Well, heres another Novel of yet Nancy Drews ammature Investigation Fiction Attempt. I Pray Margaret can beat all of these odds. Thanks for letting me share again. I wish I had more graved in Stone News to write about. But I too am still baffled as to what really happened to Margaret Haddican McEnroe?

OK, I had to post on this thread because unlike most of you, I knew this woman years ago and I can't say she left a good imperssion. I did a long myspace venting on this, and I won't rehash that, but suffice to say I am not a member of her fan club. Given what I learned about her, I'd call her "flakey" as well as determined (or manipulative). Sure, the husband might have been involved, but the explanation as to why he didn't call right away actually makes sense to me. And given my experience with her, I find it interesting that no one is willing to even speculate that she was stepping outside the marriage (as in why she articulated a desire for divorce) and that a partner of whoever she was with (or that person) had something to do with whatever happened to her.

The relationship she had with another member or members of the Warren Twsp Fire Dept may have not been so innocent -- and that may be why the police or the prosecutor could not get good information to help pinpoint her whereabouts. I've never seen anyone mention if the woman owned an ATV or dirt bike, etc. or if someone could have picked her up in one of these.

This woman was nothing like the saintly hero Nancy Grace made her out to be and her role in the breakup of my 7 year relationship with a volunteer fireman is only part of my evidence. Frankly, I think the mischaracterization of her actually interferes with finding out the truth of what became of her -- for what it's worth coming from me.

OH MY! I certainly did not see this post before I wrote my Novel, my moniter screen must have had it hidden under the post I was reading.
WOW, I really have got to learn how these boards work, and operate, they say it is never the Computer itself, but the computer operator, and in my case I am living Proof that saying is Absolute Truth! I REALLY do have an APPT. with my EYE DR. Tomorrow Morning to get me some new glasses, Maybe with them, I won't be so clumpsey anymore and not see things. Pray for me, yall, the Dr. give me Bi Focals. I think I need them. LOL. I wish I'd seen this post first, and could have saved myself alot of typing and the readers alot of reading. Sorry yall about the Novel. Nancy

I think this makes a lot of sense. While I don't know anything about the situation Lisakaz is referring to, I do think it's important to look at both sides. We (at least myself) and the Media (IMO) have a tendency to put the victims on pedestals and don't always think about what types of activities or lifestyle the victim was involved in that may have put them in harm's way. We tend to look at the most likely suspect and disect their lifestyle and activities only.

I am hoping that LE is smarter than we are and truely looking at all sides.

JMO

Note: I am not trying to "bash" the victim at all. I just think that Lisa makes a good point about knowing all sides in this situation.

http://www.amw.com/

You might want to go there and see who the top story is....

thank you for that link, WOW, America's Most Wanted Show,
and Nancy Grace?

most missing persons cases cannot even get the attention of the investigating officers assigned to their case, or at least that is the majority of the cases I know about anyways. I wonder how these people choose their cases they will and will not air ??? well, i will always wonder i guess.
anyways, thanks again.

thank you for that link, WOW, America's Most Wanted Show,
and Nancy Grace?

most missing persons cases cannot even get the attention of the investigating officers assigned to their case, or at least that is the majority of the cases I know about anyways. I wonder how these people choose their cases they will and will not air ??? well, i will always wonder i guess.
anyways, thanks again.

Court T.V. Boards has a post that Nancy Grace is doing a piece on Margaret today also, at 10 pm est. time.

http://www.amw.com/

You might want to go there and see who the top story is....

Interesting.............this case gets no news for months, no posts on this thread and suddenly............ on the front of AMW website and NG shows a 15 minute segment. Things must be heating up in Margaret's home town. Hubby feeling the heat? Friends, acquaintenances?

According to AMW, investigators are still working this case. Good for them. I hope AMW has their own people on the ground there putting their own pressure on.

The two cases I know of off-hand where the husband didn't report his wife missing right away, well............one was Janet March, case now solved........the other was one here in OC.

You see the husband told everyone the same thing this guy did,........she'd done this before, disappeared.......LE believed him..............until they found out he'd been involved in a domestic disputes with his ex wife in another state where he'd pulled a gun on her.............of course by the time LE discovered their error it was too late and the husband had moved outta state and is on the lamb! She too left a small son. After the husband abused the child he was taken away but the wife has never returned.

Just like this case.

Do I believe the husband? Ehh.......that would be a He!! NO! He, IMHO, knows where she is and he KNOWS what happened to her.

This is the same old story, played over and over and over and over.

Wife disappears. Husband refuses LD. Husband lawyers up. Woman never returns. :(

It's a broken record...........LE needs to wisen up! Maybe it's not even too late to do a SW on the husband's vehicle, wife's vehicle, the HOUSE (with luminol) etc.

JMHO
fran

PS.....yeah, right, she had $10K cash. That's why she left her car there. :croc:

Interesting.............this case gets no news for months, no posts on this thread and suddenly............ on the front of AMW website and NG shows a 15 minute segment. Things must be heating up in Margaret's home town. Hubby feeling the heat? Friends, acquaintenances?

According to AMW, investigators are still working this case. Good for them. I hope AMW has their own people on the ground there putting their own pressure on.

The two cases I know of off-hand where the husband didn't report his wife missing right away, well............one was Janet March, case now solved........the other was one here in OC.

You see the husband told everyone the same thing this guy did,........she'd done this before, disappeared.......LE believed him..............until they found out he'd been involved in a domestic disputes with his ex wife in another state where he'd pulled a gun on her.............of course by the time LE discovered their error it was too late and the husband had moved outta state and is on the lamb! She too left a small son. After the husband abused the child he was taken away but the wife has never returned.

Just like this case.

Do I believe the husband? Ehh.......that would be a He!! NO! He, IMHO, knows where she is and he KNOWS what happened to her.

This is the same old story, played over and over and over and over.

Wife disappears. Husband refuses LD. Husband lawyers up. Woman never returns. :(

It's a broken record...........LE needs to wisen up! Maybe it's not even too late to do a SW on the husband's vehicle, wife's vehicle, the HOUSE (with luminol) etc.

JMHO
fran

PS.....yeah, right, she had $10K cash. That's why she left her car there. :croc:

hi there: i noticed on the AMW site,,,, don't quote me, just in case i'm wrong about this, but from memory only, the times on the AMW story do not match up to the times on Nancy Grace's first interview. just something i noticed right off the bat, but i will have to go back and check this out for sure and i will come back and repost the differences i think exist.??? or post that i was wrong. i also know rumors that have not come into the public eyes as of yet today, i keep looking for them to pop up but they havnt yet.
makes it hard for the people looking for a missing loved one when family members cannot tell the truth! toooo many things twist and turns in this one.

I say the hubby did it without a doubt. No proof for LE yet...but they know it, too. Her leg braces and car clenched it for me. His refusal to call in the first place, take a polygraph, or allow a full scale search of his home for her...oh yeah...and his word on everything else including the money...he had every motive, opportunity, and time to kill her then clean it up before he called. He didn't seem sad or remorseful, he just seemed annoyed by it all, IMO. Yet again, another man solving his problem by getting rid of it. GRRRRR!

hi there: i noticed on the AMW site,,,, don't quote me, just in case i'm wrong about this, but from memory only, the times on the AMW story do not match up to the times on Nancy Grace's first interview. just something i noticed right off the bat, but i will have to go back and check this out for sure and i will come back and repost the differences i think exist.??? or post that i was wrong. i also know rumors that have not come into the public eyes as of yet today, i keep looking for them to pop up but they havnt yet.
makes it hard for the people looking for a missing loved one when family members cannot tell the truth! toooo many things twist and turns in this one.
Any new news on the rumors you have heard? Anything you can share? I have been following this case, since it first appeared on NG (although I do not post often). Is there another site "insiders" post on?

Any new news on the rumors you have heard? Anything you can share? I have been following this case, since it first appeared on NG (although I do not post often). Is there another site "insiders" post on?

HI: the last I know about this case, Nancy Grace and America's Most wanted both did a piece on Margaret on July 4th, 2007

there is another recent post on the court t.v. board from the sister in New Jersey, and God Mother. I havnt pulled up the site for Nancy Grace's interview yet or been to court T.V. board either, going there now myself.
Last news from family member is nothing new to report. Severeal Physics reading stated Margaret is no longer with us, and there was several simalarities in all the readings as to what happened to her and where she could be found, these readings did make it to the police dept. as they were very receptive to receiving them. ?????????????? Not saying I believe, just saying the readings were done.

HI: the last I know about this case, Nancy Grace and America's Most wanted both did a piece on Margaret on July 4th, 2007

there is another recent post on the court t.v. board from the sister in New Jersey, and God Mother. I havnt pulled up the site for Nancy Grace's interview yet or been to court T.V. board either, going there now myself.
Last news from family member is nothing new to report. Severeal Physics reading stated Margaret is no longer with us, and there was several simalarities in all the readings as to what happened to her and where she could be found, these readings did make it to the police dept. as they were very receptive to receiving them. ?????????????? Not saying I believe, just saying the readings were done.

well for those of you following the Margaret Haddican McEnroe case there is a long post from Margaret's Birth Mom on the court T.V. boards today.
There is so much anomosity between the birth family and the Adoptive family it is very difficult to determine what actually could have possibly happened to Margaret and her disappearance. When a person's birth family is living in so many different states, and the Adoptive family live in the state Margaret disappeared from, it is really crazy! I can understand the pain and frustrations of the birth family, because basically the only thing they know for sure is only what Margaret had told them all over the phone. And their story does not match the Adoptive Family's story at all. Difference in day light and dark. Too many in New Jersey have motives! I cannot believe the police have not solved this case yet, with so much friction going on in that state alone????? And if Margaret was at one of her Birth families houses today, they would not tell a sole she was there I personally do not believe.
Well, the Search is still on for Margaret. I hope she is found alive and the truth is able to come out in the end. It still amazes me, how anyone in this world child or adult, can just Vanish into thin air, without one person seeing something or hearing something or being a part of the disappearance. People do not just walk away into the Bermurda Triangle alone! again, child or adult.

well for those of you following the Margaret Haddican McEnroe case there is a long post from Margaret's Birth Mom on the court T.V. boards today.
There is so much anomosity between the birth family and the Adoptive family it is very difficult to determine what actually could have possibly happened to Margaret and her disappearance. When a person's birth family is living in so many different states, and the Adoptive family live in the state Margaret disappeared from, it is really crazy! I can understand the pain and frustrations of the birth family, because basically the only thing they know for sure is only what Margaret had told them all over the phone. And their story does not match the Adoptive Family's story at all. Difference in day light and dark. Too many in New Jersey have motives! I cannot believe the police have not solved this case yet, with so much friction going on in that state alone????? And if Margaret was at one of her Birth families houses today, they would not tell a sole she was there I personally do not believe.
Well, the Search is still on for Margaret. I hope she is found alive and the truth is able to come out in the end. It still amazes me, how anyone in this world child or adult, can just Vanish into thin air, without one person seeing something or hearing something or being a part of the disappearance. People do not just walk away into the Bermurda Triangle alone! again, child or adult.

Well everyone: the thread over on court tv boards has been closed and locked. I wonder what this means. It was about to get heated over there inbetween the two sets of families again, birth parents and adoptive parents family members. I wonder if they closed and locked it because of them fighting again, or if she has been found ???? has anyone heard anything about her being located ? thanks.

I haven't kept up with this case, but I would assume the reason the would lock it up is because of the fighting. Sounds like a very complicated case full of emotion and anger. Sad.

Well everyone: the thread over on court tv boards has been closed and locked. I wonder what this means. It was about to get heated over there inbetween the two sets of families again, birth parents and adoptive parents family members. I wonder if they closed and locked it because of them fighting again, or if she has been found ???? has anyone heard anything about her being located ? thanks.

Court T.V. Boards are back up and running and information from New Jersey sister posts.

NJ Firefighter Margaret Haddican-McEnroe still missing

Search for missing firefighter intensifies
Army veteran and mother of three vanished from her Somerset County home 10 months ago.
The Express Times
Thursday, August 16, 2007
BY NYIER ABDOU
WARREN, N.J. | Police and rescue volunteers are determined not to let the trail go cold on the case of missing Warren Township firefighter Margaret Haddican-McEnroe, who vanished from her Somerset County home 10 months ago.
http://www.nj.com/news/expresstimes/nj/index.ssf?/base/news-5/1187238244196990.xml&coll=2

WARREN, N.J. | Police and rescue volunteers are determined not to let the trail go cold on the case of missing Warren Township firefighter Margaret Haddican-McEnroe, who vanished from her Somerset County home 10 months ago.

Following a tip, an extensive police search for the Army veteran and mother of three was conducted in the area of Dock Watch Hollow Road in Warren on July 28. The nine-hour search involved search dogs, mounted patrol and more than 50 trained searchers but yielded no clues, said Lt. Robert Glen, of Warren police.

The winding, lesser traveled road is close to Haddican-McEnroe's home and is heavily wooded, with a stream running alongside it. The Somerset County Prosecutor's Office and search teams from Central Jersey Technical Rescue, Passaic County and out of state also took part in the search, Glen said.

Haddican-McEnroe's mother, Eileen Haddican, yesterday said she felt both frustrated and relieved when the evening passed without a knock on the door from police.

"It's one of those things where you hope they find something -- and you hope they don't," Haddican said. "I would just really prefer her to walk in one day."

Still, when Warren police called her the next morning, Haddican said she braced herself for the worse.

"The first thing they said was 'No, no, we didn't find anything,'" Haddican said. "They really do want to find out what happened -- where she is. We all do."

Haddican-McEnroe, who will turn 30 on Saturday, Aug. 25, was last seen by her husband, Timothy McEnroe, at home Oct. 10. McEnroe told police he left to go to work and when he returned, he found his three children, including the couple's 5-month-old, alone in the house. Haddican-McEnroe, who had never been known to leave unexpectedly before, was gone.

Family and friends have repeatedly stated they believe Haddican-McEnroe left on her own accord and will return in her own time. Timothy McEnroe says it was the advice of friends and neighbors that he wait to report his wife missing because it seemed likely she would return.

His decision to wait almost two days to report his wife's disappearance, however, has come under scrutiny and McEnroe has said he feels like a suspect.

With Haddican-McEnroe's birthday coming up, her parents are struggling to find a way to celebrate it without upsetting Haddican-McEnroe's 9-year-old daughter, Sarah, who is currently living with them.

"We are planning on doing something," said Eileen Haddican. "Nothing elaborate, just something to mark the day."

Nyier Abdou may be reached at nabdou@starledger.com or 908- 429-9925.

Ten months later, search still on for Warren mom
NJ Blog, New Jersey - 3 hours ago
by Nyier Abdou
Wednesday August 15, 2007, 6:02 PM
A group of more than 50 police and trained searchers have conducted an extensive search of a wooded area near the home of missing Warren Township firefighter Margaret Haddican-McEnroe, who vanished 10 months ago.
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2007/08/ten_months_later_search_still.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back