NJ NJ - Neptune, Wht/HispFem 20-30, UP1498, distinctive jewelry, 'Zena" jeans, Jul'80

I wonder if she could have been a victim of Richard Biegenwald, the so-called Jersey Thrill Killer. If it was him, he died in prison 8 years ago.

Back in 1981 or 82, a friend and I were having a few drinks at a dive bar called "Dolly Dimples" at the time. It was on Rt. 33. My parents lived a half mile away, so when I'd had enough I told my friend I was going to my parents house to sleep it off. I asked her for a ride, but her car wouldn't start. I said I'd walk to my parent's house and asked if she wanted to come with me. She declined, saying she'd get home somehow.

The next day when I went home I asked her how she'd got home, and she said her ex husband picked her up. After a bad experience. She tried to hitchhike(!!) home, was picked up by a guy who told her several minutes later that he was going to kill her. She jumped out of the car at 50 mph, rolling into the field of the property called Rorher's or something like that. They used to supply plants for films. Anyway, my friend didn't get hurt much just a bit bruised.

She said the guy looked for her for a couple of minutes, but when she heard his car pull away she got up and found a pay phone at a bar a mile up the road. She never called the police, but after hearing about Biegenwald, I was sure he was the guy who picked her up. Same description, and he used to troll Rt.33.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was the murderer of this young woman.

Back in 1981 or 82, a friend and I were having a few drinks at a dive bar called "Dolly Dimples" at the time. It was on Rt. 33. My parents lived a half mile away, so when I'd had enough I told my friend I was going to my parents house to sleep it off. I asked her for a ride, but her car wouldn't start. I said I'd walk to my parent's house and asked if she wanted to come with me. She declined, saying she'd get home somehow.

The next day when I went home I asked her how she'd got home, and she said her ex husband picked her up. After a bad experience. She tried to hitchhike(!!) home, was picked up by a guy who told her several minutes later that he was going to kill her. She jumped out of the car at 50 mph, rolling into the field of the property called Rorher's or something like that. They used to supply plants for films. Anyway, my friend didn't get hurt much just a bit bruised.

She said the guy looked for her for a couple of minutes, but when she heard his car pull away she got up and found a pay phone at a bar a mile up the road. She never called the police, but after hearing about Biegenwald, I was sure he was the guy who picked her up. Same description, and he used to troll Rt.33.

Your friend is very lucky to be alive. I never hitched. I always felt it was dangerous

The ocean county historical society doesn't have the location of the grave. However, they told me that the funeral home that handled her should have a record of where she was buried.

Bumping for Neptune Jane Doe, has her grave been found yet?

No. No it hasn't, and it seems like they really don't care very much to try to find it. Although I just got a notification today that they updated her case, and it looks like new pics are available in Namus, which a marginally better recon.

The Zena jeans she was wearing were definitely an 80's brand though, and Wagner disappeared in 1972? I remember Zena jeans. Here's an article abt the history, for context. They were founded in 1978: Long Islanders; THE PERSON BEHIND A HOUSEHOLD NAME

The clothing, shoes & jewelry all sounds pretty casual to me. Like a college kid who went bowling one night & got into trouble somehow?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Exclusions
MP2928 Kristy Booth 02/02/1980 Midland TX
MP5909 Rosemary Calandriello 08/25/1969 Monmouth NJ
MP5978 Jan Cotta 06/26/1973 Monmouth NJ
MP19657 Ann Fulton 04/23/1971 Somerset NJ
MP3297 GERALDINE LISBON 03/10/1977 Hartford CT
MP10038 Karen O'Donoghue 07/02/1969 Hampden MA
MP7259 Betty Roberts 11/06/1959 Baltimore MD
MP33028 Doris Tetreault 06/01/1978 Worcester MA
MP2495 Joanne Williams 12/07/1978 Lackawanna PA

Anyone know offhand what the “T” on that necklace clasp could stand for? Looks more like a manufacturer initial than a person’s.

BB0A3383-BD1A-451D-AB73-B066F59DD437.jpeg

ETA: Well, I just realized the “T” measured 1/2 an inch...maybe that’s too large to be the company’s initial.

omg how creepy

Anyone know offhand what the “T” on that necklace clasp could stand for? Looks more like a manufacturer initial than a person’s.

View attachment 265891

ETA: Well, I just realized the “T” measured 1/2 an inch...maybe that’s too large to be the company’s initial.

I wish there was a clearer picture of that T.. it almost looks like it is ornate and the top of the T almost looks like wings to me.

Unidentified Deceased White Female
Case Information
The victim was found on July 1, 1980 off Route 35 near the Asbury Park Circle, Neptune, New Jersey.

NIC # CASE #
U189042047 80-10132

Date Body Found Estimated Date of Death
July 1, 1980 June 15, 1980
Biological Profile
Estimated Year of Birth
1950 - 1960
Sex Female
Race Caucasian
Height 5'6" - 5'8"
Weight 130 - 140 lbs.

Hair Brown
Eyes Unknown
Scars, Marks and Tattoos Unknown

Jewelry The victim was found wearing

a brown "tortoise shell" bracelet,
a silver ring with a clear stone,
a black necklace,
a black beaded necklace,
a black and gold metal necklace.

She was also found wearing a gold "choker" necklace with half a letter "T" on it. The "T" may be the first letter of her first or last name.

Clothing The victim was found wearing
"Zena" Blue Jeans,
a dark blouse with gold threads marked "Coppenhagen" (Size Large),
black "100% cotton" brief panties, brown canvas shoes (Size 7.5).
She was not wearing a bra.

Other Info The victim was found with a white comb in her left sock and $27.00.
Two of her upper left molars were extracted.
Misc. Partial x-ray and dental records are available for comparison.
Photo

New Jersey State Police - Unidentified Persons - Monmouth County

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Exclusions
MP2928 Kristy Booth 02/02/1980 Midland TX
MP5909 Rosemary Calandriello 08/25/1969 Monmouth NJ
MP5978 Jan Cotta 06/26/1973 Monmouth NJ
MP19657 Ann Fulton 04/23/1971 Somerset NJ
MP3297 GERALDINE LISBON 03/10/1977 Hartford CT
MP10038 Karen O'Donoghue 07/02/1969 Hampden MA
MP7259 Betty Roberts 11/06/1959 Baltimore MD
MP33028 Doris Tetreault 06/01/1978 Worcester MA
MP2495 Joanne Williams 12/07/1978 Lackawanna PA

No new updates.

View attachment 265891

I was wondering if it was an ankh.
It was popular for a while.

Other options could be a band name/shortened name?Friendship necklace?

They say half a letter? If the bottom part is broken off it could be a J, I,or L?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back