Deceased/Not Found NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. this is 10 mins from my home. got the update via email for my local patch. I am not buying the robbery story. At all. There is more to this, they plotted to rob her? I mean really how much money does a 19 yo have??? I think rape, etc. and they killed her to cover whatever they were up to. This doesn't make sense at all.

Could this have been a home invasion gone wrong--like he knew her schedule & the family's.....he knew where the valuables were in the house but unexpectedly she was home & chaos ensued? This wouldn't make him & his buddy any less guilty, of course.

Maybe I've not caught up on all of the articles yet?

What could he possibly need the money so bad for that he robbed/murdered? Drugs?

There has to be more to it. Why would these two kids rob Sarah specifically?? is her dad known to be wealthy??? it HAS to be drug related honestly, i can't think of any other reasons. Unless they were shaming her for her sexuality or something and took things too far? This is truly awful and it makes me ill

I'm also in Jersey but Atlantic county. I know there's a few of us Jersey folks on here. When and if this goes to trial, I'd be interested in attending if possible. ( I know that could possibly be years from now)
Northern Ocean County here. So very sad. Been following since day 1

How very sad. And again, yet another reminder that sometimes the police are on top of things and these cases aren't forgotten after all.
So true! I was very doubtful that there would be a conclusion (kortne stouffer always comes to mind for cases with no word from LE) ... Such a kick to the gut, I'm glad there is closure, but wow! Kudos to LE and hugs to the family! RIP

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I apologize if this has been posted almost done reading all and one of the links took me to this link. I scanned thru after that post and link and will hopefully catch up in the a.m.

Sources tell News 12 that police found McAtasney’s phone in Stern’s driveway. It was a phone that he later reported as stolen.

Friends say that McAtasney and Taylor were friends with Stern and that they even participated in the search parties.

http://newjersey.news12.com/news/of...strangled-by-friend-during-robbery-1.13054601

RIP Sarah. [emoji253] I've thought about her case often and I am glad that she will get some justice. Really didn't believe the suicide theories.

This just makes me sick. Kudos to LE for following through with the tips and evidence. RIP, Sarah.

So disheartening and shocking to think they were 'friends' that she would have trusted. How devastating that these two 19 yr olds could do such cold hearted evil deeds for some cash. Very sad.

RIP Sweet Sarah...:rose:

If LE Found his phone at Sarah's house, you better bet that he was looked at from day one.

This quote from the defense attorney disgusts me.

McAtasney's attorney, Chuck Moriarty, said the fact that no body has been found is problematic in proving his client's guilt.
'It does create a problem, if they don't have a body, if she shows up in three weeks and says this is all part of a joke,' Moriarty said.

I grew up in a rough neighborhood on the Southside of Chicago. I've seen childhood friends ravaged by drugs and I've heard - and witnessed - some awful things they've done to get drugs.

But murder? If you're going to rob her, rob her. Snatch the pawn-worthy stuff and go. That's drug addict 101 - to kill her, drive her car to the bridge, call in a partner for the disposal - that reeks of something more than just a heroin junkie hard up for a fix.

Seems like something more, to me. Even if caught inside the house by Sarah, a true dope fiend is going to cry/talk themselves out of it/run away/hide but NOT murder...not a friend, not like this. Jmo but these two "men" had more malicious intent than just getting some cash. Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This quote from the defense attorney disgusts me.

McAtasney's attorney, Chuck Moriarty, said the fact that no body has been found is problematic in proving his client's guilt.
'It does create a problem, if they don't have a body, if she shows up in three weeks and says this is all part of a joke,' Moriarty said.
OK, fine, that's an argument against the death penalty (which NJ doesn't have anyway), not a defense against the crime. Lock him up until she actually does show up and say it was just a joke, and see if it happens...

do we know why she withdrew a large sum of cash and do we know how much....? Just curious?

Apparently Stern had come into money through an inheritance. He apparently took thousands of dollars from her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K2Bupallnt