NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more thing..In the search for SS the had broken up the search. Into town areas. For example I was the Lead from Loch Arbour to Deal along the beach. Leads were lined up, and the authorities yelled out what areas we were searching. Volunteers chose what area they wanted to help with, an became a part of that team search. I'm wondering what team or teams LM and PT were on. Those two weren't just there so it didn't look odd they weren't there. Those 2 were there to information.

“They said they were looking for answers,” said a classmate, who notes that the two posted flyers on social media and searched bushes near the bridge where Stern’s car was found.

http://people.com/crime/sarah-stern-new-jersey-missing-murder/

I took a screenshot of one of the original FB posts:
33846d54f73bb17be6feaf1f9e1c247e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
According to this FB post:
So they have a description as to what she was wearing
car first spotted 12:15...her car was on the bridge for 2,5 hours???
She was seen 3:45
Her phone records were checked, and contacts questioned
"surrounding" cameras malfunctioned.

I find this rather unclear and confusing

Sunshine Village is interesting. Well, I'm sure they searched near bushes near bridge because they knew SS wasn't there. I want to know what search Team they were on. LM brought flyers into a hair salon in Belmar. The evil just blows me away.

Since LM had lost his phone, did he use Sarah's phone to call PT? And, if that happened...PT then would see SS as calling him, I wonder what would have been running through his mind when/if he saw SS calling him that evening.

I am doubting he would have expected LM on the other end.

Just wondering if that is how it went down?

According to this FB post:
So they have a description as to what she was wearing
car first spotted 12:15...her car was on the bridge for 2,5 hours???
She was seen 3:45
Her phone records were checked, and contacts questioned
"surrounding" cameras malfunctioned.

I find this rather unclear and confusing

Actually, looking back at this post after what we know now, it makes even more sense. PT's story is that LM went to her house around 4, killed her, and threw her in the bushes for 8 hours (which would be until 12) when they took her and her car to the bridge and threw her over. The times here (more or less) line up with the story. The only thing that isn't mentioned is either of the boys going to the house, which was either not witnessed or not made public.

In retrospect, the information given here back in December (which was by her family as the admins of the page) appears to give the impression that LE did actually have a much better knowledge of the timelines than it appeared early on, and the information in this post is even more likely to be all correct. Therefore, yes, I think it's likely her car was on the bridge for 2.5 hours, and yes, it's likely the cameras on the bridge were not working. The one piece of information that only the boys have provided and is therefore unconfirmed is whether the body was actually dumped over the bridge or just the car abandoned there, although IMO it seems fairly likely that's true, too (although, again, that part is JMO at this point).

There are several pictures on Sarah's Twitter account of her walking her dog on a beautiful wooded path. Wonder if it is in this area.
Actually there is an entrance to the park off Gully Rd, so entrance to the Park is much closer than 4 miles, I used to walk my dog in that park weekly

I believe that is a fake Facebook account that has been created. I have no recollection (and I have been on his FB account a lot) of anything with "Datsurfer".People create fakes a lot.
Looks like someone is blacking out PT's Facebook page. I'm surprised it's still up...
attachment.php

Thanks for doing this. Concerned that those cameras are on a loop and they will not be able to retrieve anything from 2 weeks earlier. Hopeful, but very concerned. Unreal that Belmar Bridge cameras were not working!

Thanks for doing this. Concerned that those cameras are on a loop and they will not be able to retrieve anything from 2 weeks earlier. Hopeful, but very concerned. Unreal that Belmar Bridge cameras were not working!

I've actually never noticed any cameras there. Have you? Maybe I'll take a drive :)

I believe that is a fake Facebook account that has been created. I have no recollection (and I have been on his FB account a lot) of anything with "Datsurfer".People create fakes a lot.

Nope. This is legit. I had taken screenshots of their social pages the day they were arrested. We have mutual friends so I'm able to see a bit more than their public profiles.
I don't see why whoever did it just added black profile and cover photos. Everything else is the same so they aren't hiding much...

When LE went to the home and it was unlocked, I wonder where Buddy was. They don't mention that her dog was there. I wonder if he was left in the yard or in the house. Sickens me.
I took a screenshot of one of the original FB posts:
33846d54f73bb17be6feaf1f9e1c247e.jpg

Actually, looking back at this post after what we know now, it makes even more sense. PT's story is that LM went to her house around 4, killed her, and threw her in the bushes for 8 hours (which would be until 12) when they took her and her car to the bridge and threw her over. The times here (more or less) line up with the story. The only thing that isn't mentioned is either of the boys going to the house, which was either not witnessed or not made public.

In retrospect, the information given here back in December (which was by her family as the admins of the page) appears to give the impression that LE did actually have a much better knowledge of the timelines than it appeared early on, and the information in this post is even more likely to be all correct. Therefore, yes, I think it's likely her car was on the bridge for 2.5 hours, and yes, it's likely the cameras on the bridge were not working. The one piece of information that only the boys have provided and is therefore unconfirmed is whether the body was actually dumped over the bridge or just the car abandoned there, although IMO it seems fairly likely that's true, too (although, again, that part is JMO at this point).

It says she was seen on surveillance, hence the clothing description. I wonder where, neighbors cam or elsewhere?

Car seen on surveillance leaving at 11:45, wouldn't it also capture LM and PT coming and going? Very risky to be seen by neighbors.

If the car was spotted on the bridge at 12:15, IMO it makes them that much more conspicuous as it would be earlier. If someone reported seeing it at 12:15 why did it take a 911 call 2.5 hours later?

Just questions I'm trying to work out in my head. Many locals here spoke about heavy police presence and this was a Friday night. Makes me wonder.

When LE went to the home and it was unlocked, I wonder where Buddy was. They don't mention that her dog was there. I wonder if he was left in the yard or in the house. Sickens me.

That's big question for me also. I have to also wonder if the dog tried to protect her.

No, I was going by posts when I came to the earlier thread a few weeks ago, as I was thinking the perp probably escaped by train at Belmar Station. I was interested in cameras and someone said they were not working. It is hard for me to believe that cameras are not required on every bridge in NJ in the post-9/11 era. But let me know if you drive by. I will be there on Tues to work out in Belmar.
I've actually never noticed any cameras there. Have you? Maybe I'll take a drive :)

It says she was seen on surveillance, hence the clothing description. I wonder where, neighbors cam or elsewhere?

Car seen on surveillance leaving at 11:45, wouldn't it also capture LM and PT coming and going? Very risky to be seen by neighbors.

If the car was spotted on the bridge at 12:15, IMO it makes them that much more conspicuous as it would be earlier. If someone reported seeing it at 12:15 why did it take a 911 call 2.5 hours later?

Just questions I'm trying to work out in my head. Many locals here spoke about heavy police presence and this was a Friday night. Makes me wonder.
The surveillance at 11:45 certainly would have shown LM & PT (or at least "men who were not SS", it's not 100% clear if they would have been identified) and possibly SS's body as well. That information was clearly withheld by LE, which is not unusual. If they would have announced that they had identified the two boys on camera before they had AC's corroborating evidence, they never would have gotten it at all (and the boys probably would have ran...).

No, I was going by posts when I came to the earlier thread a few weeks ago, as I was thinking the perp probably escaped by train at Belmar Station. I was interested in cameras and someone said they were not working. It is hard for me to believe that cameras are not required on every bridge in NJ in the post-9/11 era. But let me know if you drive by. I will be there on Tues to work out in Belmar.
I think it's likely that most of that security was installed immediately post-9/11. In 2002, I'd guarantee most or all of it would be in top working condition and possibly even monitored daily. 15 years later without a major attack on NYC? There's probably a good bit that's not 100% in working condition. People are always shortsighted...

Not sure, but it's the same page I've had bookmarked since day one. And I did google searches of datsurfer weeks ago

I did google street view and see one camera on 35 and 8th. It's facing 8th. But i may be missing others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea