GUILTY NM - Renezmae Calzada, 5, found deceased, Rio Arriba County, 8 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

NO ONE who loves a child would think the way this man did!! If a child is missing, you are freaking out. I can’t imagine not knowing where a five year old is and not caring. At the very least if he “thought her family picked her up” he never called to verify.
I’m boiling! Even if this is somehow an accident he is to blame for negligence at the least.

NO ONE who loves a child would think the way this man did!! If a child is missing, you are freaking out. I can’t imagine not knowing where a five year old is and not caring. At the very least if he “thought her family picked her up” he never called to verify.
I’m boiling! Even if this is somehow an accident he is to blame for negligence at the least.

Right. I am pretty sure that he is to blame for something...it is just a matter of time.

I don't know what this means:

Bail Details
Case Number: T4DW2018001730
Bond Amount: $0
Bond Description: SENTENCED
Case Number: T4DW2018001730-1
Bond Description: CONCURRENT
Case Number: T4DW2018001730-2
Bond Description: CONCURRENT

Changed after this morning's hearing.

ETA: Nevermind. His probation was revoked and he got 90 days in jail with 26 days credit for time served. This article says FBI still awaiting autopsy results and have no suspects.

Stepfather of Renezmae Calzada sent to jail for probation violation

New Mexico is really slow to charge. we are seeing this in the Collin romero/ahmed lateef case. you have to have all your evidence before they charge in that state i have heard. and they lack funding so they want to be sure. idk.

OCT 25, 2019
Stepfather of Renezmae Calzada asks judge to reconsider sentence

Malcolm-Torres.jpg

[...]

Torres remains locked up in the Metropolitan Detention Center for violating conditions in two DWI cases. On Sep. 25, he was sentenced to serve 64 days in jail; but his attorney has filed a motion asking that judge consider releasing him on Oct. 29, when he completes his first offender's program.

[...]

No one is currently charged in Renezmae’s death, as investigators say they are awaiting the result of the autopsy. They have not indicated when that might be done.

"An arrest has been made in connection to the death of a 5-year-old girl from Rio Arriba County.

Malcolm Torres of Espanola was arrested Sunday on a federal indictment charging him with second-degree murder in the death of Renezmae Calzada, according to the FBI."

Mother's ex-boyfriend arrested in death of 5-year-old Espanola girl

[URL="https://twitter.com/FBIAlbuquerque/status/1188645130502393856"]FBI Albuquerque on Twitter[/URL]
#BREAKING Malcolm Torres of Española, N.M., was arrested today on a federal indictment charging him with second-degree murder in the death of 5-year-old Renezmae Caldaza. The #FBI with the help of the Española Police Department arrested Torres in Pojoaque Pueblo, N.M.
10:34 PM - 27 Oct 2019

FBI Albuquerque on Twitter
Malcolm Torres is expected to have an initial appearance in U.S. District Court in Albuquerque tomorrow. Renezmae's body was found in the Rio Grande River in Rio Arriba County, N.M., on September 11, 2019.
10:37 PM - 27 Oct 2019

FBI Albuquerque on Twitter
No further information will be released until after Malcolm Torres' initial appearance. The public is reminded that all defendants are considered innocent unless found guilty in a court of law.
10:38 PM - 27 Oct 2019

OCT 27, 2019
Suspect arrested in 5-year-old Renezmae's death
[...]

Malcolm Torres was arrested in Pojoaque Pueblo on a federal indictment Sunday, according to FBI spokesman Frank Fisher. He offered little detail and said additional information would not be released until after Torres’ initial appearance. According to the U.S. Attorney’s Office, that hearing is set for 9:30 a.m. Monday in Federal Court in Albuquerque.

[...]

During a hearing in Albuquerque in late September, Metropolitan Court Judge Maria Dominguez sentenced Torres to 64 days in jail for violating probation in an unrelated drunken driving case.

Online jail records show he was recently released from the Metropolitan Detention Center.

[...]

Suspect arrested in killing of Española-area girl, 5
FBI spokesman Frank Fisher said in a telephone interview that Torres was arrested just hours after he had been released from jail after serving 32 days of a 64-day term for violating probation terms in a DWI case.

FBI arrests suspect in death of Espanola girl
Torres was just released from MDC earlier Sunday in his other cases. The jail said he was let out early because the court awarded him good time served.

Last edited:
"An arrest has been made in connection to the death of a 5-year-old girl from Rio Arriba County.

Malcolm Torres of Espanola was arrested Sunday on a federal indictment charging him with second-degree murder in the death of Renezmae Calzada, according to the FBI."

Mother's ex-boyfriend arrested in death of 5-year-old Espanola girl
Also noting:

Torres was arrested without incident in the Pojoaque Pueblo by the FBI and the assistance of the Espanola Police Department.

Pojoaque Pueblo: خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

OCT 27, 2019
Suspect arrested in 5-year-old Renezmae's death
[...]

Malcolm Torres was arrested in Pojoaque Pueblo on a federal indictment Sunday, according to FBI spokesman Frank Fisher. He offered little detail and said additional information would not be released until after Torres’ initial appearance. According to the U.S. Attorney’s Office, that hearing is set for 9:30 a.m. Monday in Federal Court in Albuquerque.

[...]

During a hearing in Albuquerque in late September, Metropolitan Court Judge Maria Dominguez sentenced Torres to 64 days in jail for violating probation in an unrelated drunken driving case.

Online jail records show he was recently released from the Metropolitan Detention Center.

[...]

Suspect arrested in killing of Española-area girl, 5
FBI spokesman Frank Fisher said in a telephone interview that Torres was arrested just hours after he had been released from jail after serving 32 days of a 64-day term for violating probation terms in a DWI case.

FBI arrests suspect in death of Espanola girl
Torres was just released from MDC earlier Sunday in his other cases. The jail said he was let out early because the court awarded him good time served.
Is this the same one who was supposed to be watching her?? Thanks so much for the update @PommyMommy

I’ve been quietly following & am confused.
Did mom file for child support (did she also file a PFA at some point?) from step-dad (Torres) a month prior to Renezmae’s murder?

MOO
YES, I believe so. That may have contributed to this tragedy , accidentally. Obviously she has every right to file for child support. But it may have triggered this tragic mess.:(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back