GUILTY NM - Sasha Marie Krause, 27, murdered, Farmington, 18 Jan 2020 *arrests*

Why isn't there more MSM on this? Is this lack of information sharing, a common occurrence in New Mexico? Is the Mennonite community self sufficient and not likely to talk about this?

It is only my opinion but I have lived here for almost 32 years and I believe that LE shares very little information with the public. Sometimes because they do have the situation under control, but other times things seem to just kinda be brushed aside and eventually forgotten.

I hope that LE have leads but I really feel that this is much more serious than what is being shared.

The only reason I can understand the silence is because this crime was committed by someone in Sasha's own community and they are following up leads or they have no idea what happened.

That is why I am hoping this gets more attention. Locals had to call the newspaper here just to get an article put out.

Many people are assuming she left on her own because of the lack of media attention. I hope I'm wrong but I do not see that as being the case.

Also, I don't think you will hear much from the Mennonite Community because they do not participate in social media and actual local "reporting" is nonexistent here.

Our newspaper has gone down hill the past few years and is not known for actual journalism. Mostly copy and paste articles. And like I said it took days for them to even publish an article about Sasha even after it had been shared by the San Juan County Sheriff's FB page.

Last edited:
It is only my opinion but I have lived here for almost 32 years and I believe that LE shares very little information with the public. Sometimes because they do have the situation under control, but other times things seem to just kinda be brushed aside and eventually forgotten.

I hope that LE have leads but I really feel that this is much more serious than what is being shared.

The only reason I can understand the silence is because this crime was committed by someone in Sasha's own community and they are following up leads or they have no idea what happened.

That is why I am hoping this gets more attention. Locals had to call the newspaper here just to get an article put out.

Many people are assuming she left on her own because of the lack of media attention. I hope I'm wrong but I do not see that as being the case.

Also, I don't think you will hear much from the Mennonite Community because they do not participate in social media and actual local "reporting" is nonexistent here.

Our newspaper has gone down hill the past few years and is not known for actual journalism. Mostly copy and paste articles. And like I said it took days for them to even publish an article about Sasha even after it had been shared by the San Juan County Sheriff's FB page.
Thank you @Redlight, that is helpful, but incredibly frustrating to know.

IMO it seems more likely she is the victim of a crime, since she didn't take her vehicle and a money box is missing from the Church. I hope they collected evidence / possible forensics by the book. I wish they'd bring in every outside resource they can get, because nothing points to voluntary missing and circumstances point to a crime. Please correct me if I'm missing something.

I think she was a victim of a crime. LE is ruling out that she interrupted a burglary but that doesn't mean someone didn't kidnap her in the parking lot. I wonder if her Sunday School books, that she went to pick up, were recovered in the parking lot or anywhere else or if they were in the building and she never got to them.
Also, exactly where she lived with her roommates is unclear to me. Did she live at church housing where her car was found? If so, does that mean she walked over to the publishing building, going past the nursing home to get there? Did someone see her and intercept her?
Google Maps

@Rosiebones you said “LE is ruling out that she interrupted a burglary but that doesn't mean someone didn't kidnap her in the parking lot”

I didn’t see them rule out that she interrupted a burglary? With the money gone that is a strange statement to make, are they believing she took the money herself? Or one of the roommates when they went out searching for her before calling police?

Sheriff's Office investigating missing Farmington woman in Mennonite community"We're definitely investigating all avenues as possible," Harcrow said. "As for the burglary in progress, we have no information to indicate it's actually true."
This article quotes that LE cannot say that a burglary did occur but that all possibilities are being investigated.
Also, in an earlier article, and I cannot for the life of me find it now, I read that the roommate woke up at 1 AM and didn't see SK in her bed, but saw her car and called LE. I have not read that the roommate went out to look for her.

I think she was a victim of a crime. LE is ruling out that she interrupted a burglary but that doesn't mean someone didn't kidnap her in the parking lot. I wonder if her Sunday School books, that she went to pick up, were recovered in the parking lot or anywhere else or if they were in the building and she never got to them.
Also, exactly where she lived with her roommates is unclear to me. Did she live at church housing where her car was found? If so, does that mean she walked over to the publishing building, going past the nursing home to get there? Did someone see her and intercept her?
Google Maps

I think this was foul play too

I suppose LE just doesn't want to have tunnel vision. It's true that there are numerous other possibilities for a money box also being missing aside from interrupting a burglary in progress. We could spend days coming up with scenarios, what happened, in what order, by how many? :(

@Rosiebones you said “LE is ruling out that she interrupted a burglary but that doesn't mean someone didn't kidnap her in the parking lot”

I didn’t see them rule out that she interrupted a burglary? With the money gone that is a strange statement to make, are they believing she took the money herself? Or one of the roommates when they went out searching for her before calling police?

It sounds like several people went searching in the middle of the night.
Someone may have borrowed the money to get gas for the search.

She is from Texas and has family and friends there, both Mennonite and not. I understand that she had come up to this area to volunteer. I wonder if she had a relationship with someone or someone was stalking her and came up and got her. Is there any indication that LE in Texas is looking for or following up leads.

Unfortunately in this case, a lot of information that was forthcoming initially is not now available to WS’ers because mainstream media did not pick up the story. There was quite a bit of information regarding what happened the night Sasha went missing. This was provided by some church members and given to someone who reported it on the original Missing Sasha Krause page. This was done to get the word out about Sasha because many members of the Mennonite community do not use social media. LE thought at that time that too much information was being released and asked the community to stop posting any information unless it was released by them, (LE). Also, community members were alarmed by the gossip and innuendo that began springing up about Sasha and the Mennonite community in general. They took down the missing page on FB. It has since been replaced by a page that contains her missing information flyer and only allows posts for sharing and prayers. All sources of information that may have allowed us to come up with some valid theories have dried up.
As we have had to do in the past, we have to hope that LE has some solid leads and we’ll have some information soon. Although it is possible she may have walked away, I do not feel that is the case. She, by all reports, is a very responsible, yet unsophisticated young woman. I think should would have been found by now if it was a voluntary disappearance. I hope I am wrong.

I see mentioned that crime is bad in this area. What kind of crime?And Drugs? MOO

Sheriff's Office investigating missing Farmington woman in Mennonite community"We're definitely investigating all avenues as possible," Harcrow said. "As for the burglary in progress, we have no information to indicate it's actually true."
This article quotes that LE cannot say that a burglary did occur but that all possibilities are being investigated.
Also, in an earlier article, and I cannot for the life of me find it now, I read that the roommate woke up at 1 AM and didn't see SK in her bed, but saw her car and called LE. I have not read that the roommate went out to look for her.
I think maybe LE is responding to the theories that she interrupted a burglary in progress at the church and that lead to her disappearance. I don’t feel that they’re saying that a burglary did not occur. MOO

Could it be that something actually happened to her at the house? This case and especially the lack of attention is so bothersome to me... I really don’t think that she drove to the church to leave her car there and get a ride from someone to start a new life without any of her belongings but her phone.. JMO

Posted by the San Juan County Sheriff’s Office, NM yesterday at 1:50 PM (MST):
“UPDATE 1/30/2020: Missing Person: 27-Year-Old, Sasha Marie Krause of Farmington, New Mexico

The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office would like to reassure the public that the missing persons case involving the disappearance of Sasha Krause is still ongoing and being heavily investigated. Detectives are actively pursuing every lead, tip and potential avenue of this investigation. The Sheriff’s Office continues to obtain search warrants and utilize other investigative tools to locate Krause. Detectives are currently working along side our Federal partners as they assist us with advanced, investigative technology and resources. Individuals from across the country have contacted the Sheriff’s Office requesting updates on this case and unfortunately there is no new information on her current whereabouts. The Sheriff’s Office is aware of the social media groups discussing the missing persons investigation and they are being monitored. Please refrain from sharing inaccurate information and use caution when discussing hearsay that is lacking evidence.

Please continue to follow the San Juan County Sheriff’s Office social media sites for accurate and updated information. The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office is respectfully requesting that the only information shared comes directly from our social media pages or media releases. If you have seen Sasha or have any information regarding her disappearance, please contact dispatch at 505-334-6622 and ask to speak to Detective Strang right away.

What we know: At approximately 3am on January 19, 2020, San Juan County Sheriff’s Deputies were dispatched to Lamp & Light Publishers on Road 5577 in Farmington, NM in reference to a missing person. 27-year-old, Sasha Marie Krause was last seen leaving her residence on January 18, 2020 around 8pm and never returned. Sasha’s vehicle was located parked nearby a church in the area where she resides. Resources that Sasha would normally take with her, if she willingly left her residence, were left behind. Detectives with the San Juan County Sheriff’s Office are actively searching for Sasha and working closely with her relatives, a hired search and rescue team and members of the Mennonite community to locate her. Last week, a search and rescue team from out of state hired by the Krause family arrived in Farmington, NM. The search and rescue team are made up of trained individuals and a tracking dog. Numerous Sheriff’s Office deputies and detectives and the search and rescue team did a thorough search of the area surrounding the Mennonite community at that time. The search is ongoing, and we are investigating every possible scenario. We will continue to be as transparent as we can without hindering the investigation.
#sashakrause #missingperson #sjcso #deputy #sheriff #detective #share” (BBM)
798014AD-767F-4CCE-80F2-B95217921416.jpeg
San Juan County Sheriff's Office, NM

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB