GUILTY NM - Sasha Marie Krause, 27, murdered, Farmington, 18 Jan 2020 *arrests*

Again,any word on cameras at the church or along the route?

From what I can tell, this area is very desserted. There doesn't seem to be much else around for many miles. Highly unlikely a Mennonite church would have surveillance cameras.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 6.23.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 6.23.48 PM.png
    625.1 KB · Views: 50
I spent hours last night on Mennonite community pages and social media looking into this case as it's heartbreaking that there isn't more media coverage but it seems to be being done intentionally. A lot of hush hush going on here.

:( There are some very concerning accusations being made on SM.

The family has hired a "private search team" (per SJCS's facebook posts) that is an Amish / Mennonite missionary group. I'm a bit confused by that because they don't seem to have any SAR type experience or credentials.

I'm really worried for Sasha and how quiet her disappearance is makes it even more concerning.

I will never understand how a family/community stay silent when someone has simply vanished. Praying we find Sasha soon.

I think a big part of this is how resistant to the outside the conservative Mennonite community is. Farmington is ultra conservative and historically anti-outside and anti-government.

Unfortunately, none of that bodes well for Sasha.

From what I can tell, this area is very desserted. There doesn't seem to be much else around for many miles. Highly unlikely a Mennonite church would have surveillance cameras.

I pass thru Farmington about every couple of months for the past 5 years. It's a town/city with a mall, several chain stores, at least 4 major car dealerships, it's located within 5-7 minutes of where lamp & light building is. It's not MILES away. It's out of the way I would say, not a high traffic area though. I wanted to drive by there and get an idea of the distance between the buildings but didn't want to look suspicious lol. It had gotten dark too so didn't want to get lost in a rural suburbish private (?) area. But lamp and light publishers also welcomes people to their office, who want to help to pick up some flyers to post in the surrounding counties. Which I didn't know until I returned home about an hour and a half away. Not being from Farmington, idk how LE is, anti-government as someone described it on here, was surprising. Not sure what that means. But I think they and Federal investigators are looking into it from all angles. I'm very certain they will not report everything they know to the media because as you all well know, if you follow criminal type of situations, they can't risk hampering the investigation by putting everything out there. A young woman's life is at stake, so they have to stay hush hush about sensitive information. One example is in the Ramirez serial killer case, the mayor m(?) blurted out the shoe size/style at one of the murder scenes, which was a no-no, what did he do? He changed his shoes. He was following the investigation thru the media.

I am hoping this is allowed and I will flag myself to a mod just in case it isn't. This case can be followed better using "old school" methods like newspaper that don't appear online.

This article appeared in the main Mennonite / Amish newspaper. Written by one of the last people to have possibly seen Sasha. You might note that they are "at peace" with not listing her as missing on a national level.

For others interesting in following Sasha's case there is a group on FB since much of it can't be brought to WS. This case has a lot of layers.

Attachments

• 85179655_10221319886286102_1185454052217978880_n.jpg
    85179655_10221319886286102_1185454052217978880_n.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 222
I am hoping this is allowed and I will flag myself to a mod just in case it isn't. This case can be followed better using "old school" methods like newspaper that don't appear online.

This article appeared in the main Mennonite / Amish newspaper. Written by one of the last people to have possibly seen Sasha. You might note that they are "at peace" with not listing her as missing on a national level.

For others interesting in following Sasha's case there is a group on FB since much of it can't be brought to WS. This case has a lot of layers.
Interesting. What is the source here @bellyup? If this is your own image upload, maybe posting a shot of the name of the publications front page would help.

Interesting. What is the source here @bellyup? If this is your own image upload, maybe posting a shot of the name of the publications front page would help.
I can't speak for bellyup, but I am almost positive that is the national edition of The Budget. It circulates among the Mennonite community where I live and the Amish community in another state where I have family. My family's neither Amish nor Mennonite, but I have perused a copy, and it has news from Amish and Mennonite communities around the US. I believe it even circulates to international Amish and Mennonite communities. The reason I think it is The Budget is the set-up is quite similar to what I have seen, and I don't know that another newspaper has quite the same reach in that community. The copies I've seen have folks who write in from the various communities to contribute news like in that photo.

I can't speak for bellyup, but I am almost positive that is the national edition of The Budget. It circulates among the Mennonite community where I live and the Amish community in another state where I have family. My family's neither Amish nor Mennonite, but I have perused a copy, and it has news from Amish and Mennonite communities around the US. I believe it even circulates to international Amish and Mennonite communities. The reason I think it is The Budget is the set-up is quite similar to what I have seen, and I don't know that another newspaper has quite the same reach in that community. The copies I've seen have folks who write in from the various communities to contribute news like in that photo.
Thanks for the input @Zella.

That is correct. It's the main Amish/Mennonite Newspaper called The Budget out of Sugarcreek, Ohio. As most in this community do not use internet, most news of Sasha is being shared in print (though this newspaper also has a social media presence). Yes, it is an international paper for the plain community.

The attached images on this post are from Sasha's local newspaper called "The Compound" which covers only the Farmington Mennonite compound.

@vox would it be okay to continue to share the papers relevant as there will not be any main stream media coverage due to their religious beliefs?

Attachments

• 84413124_235565547446231_4852172395655462912_n copy.jpg
    84413124_235565547446231_4852172395655462912_n copy.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 111
  • 85177441_210883330066411_1907770059942526976_n copy.jpg
    85177441_210883330066411_1907770059942526976_n copy.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 95
That is correct. It's the main Amish/Mennonite Newspaper called The Budget out of Sugarcreek, Ohio. As most in this community do not use internet, most news of Sasha is being shared in print (though this newspaper also has a social media presence). Yes, it is an international paper for the plain community.

The attached images on this post are from Sasha's local newspaper called "The Compound" which covers only the Farmington Mennonite compound.

@vox would it be okay to continue to share the papers relevant as there will not be any main stream media coverage due to their religious beliefs?
I’m leaning toward yes IMO, but I’m not sure. Reached out to other mods. Anything new in this case?

Lots of MSM is picking up the story now with such a generous reward offering put up by someone on the FB group but no new info.

It's good to see her case finally getting some attention though! :)

VIDEO with investigators AT THIS LINK:
$50,000 reward now offered for information on missing Mennonite woman

A 27-year-old woman mysteriously disappeared nearly a month ago. Now, there's a $50,000 reward for information

Sheriff’s office announce $50,000 reward for info on missing Farmington woman

Also investigators and sheriff spokespeople are posting in the Missing: Sasha Krause FB group and also on the San Juan County Sheriff Facebook page (check the comments there!) San Juan County Sheriff's Office, NM

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back