NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brookfield road at Kenmore must put it right next to remax?

not sure..its number 41..google map- OOPS..I was getting mixed up thinking it was at the other end around the corner from the showground. My bad :D

Not too far around the corner from the Baden-Clay house on brookfield road.. does anyone know the denomination of the church beside the BC house? (Allison and GBC house)

Edit: its ok, I found it..Church of Good Sheperd Anglican

I expect that some of his friends and family probably believe him to be innocent, keeping in mind that they know more about the family dynamics than us. He seems to be able to generate a fair amount of "friends admiration" so we can assume he can be likeable. He is also entitled to a legal defence, whether we believe in his guilt or not. I would always hope my family believed me if I were to find myself in trouble.

from memory, there are only a few shops on Brookfield raod, leading up to the roundabout? I might be wrong, and it probably means nothing too

It's not a shop - there's a whole complex of church houses and apartments, set back from the road, on the right heading outbound, just past the Kenmore Mail Centre, just down from the electricity substation.

There's a whole community living in there.

EDIT: it's about 4 or 5 Km before reaching GBC and ABC's rented house at 593

The documents reveal that several friends offered cash to the court as surety to help the 41-year-old get bail.

Peter and Tanya Cranna, of Grange, offered $50,000 surety.

Mr Cranna is the director of finance and infrastructure for the Churches of Christ, Queensland and his wife is a Care Connect case manager.

The Crannas said they offered the $50,000 knowing they would have to sell their house if Baden-Clay failed to appear.

theres something not quite right here

It's not a shop - there's a whole complex of church houses and apartments, set back from the road, on the right heading outbound, just past the Kenmore Mail Centre, just down from the electricity substation.

Are you sure you are not talking about the Uniting church?

can anyone fill me in on the workings of these 'church groups'? why do they need a director of finance and infrastructure etc????

Minni, I don't know specifically about the "Churches of Christ" but what I do know is that churches often own buildings (eg their worship spaces) and many churches of different denominations may also own or be heavily involved in things like schools, aged care facilities and other types of community services. All of these activities require buildings and infrastructure and so I believe that many types of church denominations may have organizations to administer these things.....hence the "director of finance and infrastructure" type of role. Local churches wouldn't be running the schools/ aged care facilities etc. These would be run from a behind the scenes larger church organization.

I don't personally believe that the bail money offered to GBC would have come from one of these church organizations. Perhaps it came as a personal offer from someone who just happened to work in a specific role for one of these organizations. Obviously I don't know any details. These are just my humble observations and opinions.

I don't personally believe that the bail money offered to GBC would have come from one of these church organizations. Perhaps it came as a personal offer from someone who just happened to work in a specific role for one of these organizations. Obviously I don't know any details. These are just my humble observations and opinions.

There's no such thing as a free lunch IMO

Minni, I don't know specifically about the "Churches of Christ" but what I do know is that churches often own buildings (eg their worship spaces) and many churches of different denominations may also own or be heavily involved in things like schools, aged care facilities and other types of community services. All of these activities require buildings and infrastructure and so I believe that many types of church denominations may have organizations to administer these things.....hence the "director of finance and infrastructure" type of role. Local churches wouldn't be running the schools/ aged care facilities etc. These would be run from a behind the scenes larger church organization.

Agreed, I did read that they may have to sell their house if the surety were to need to be paid.

Hi seeking

you are correct the provision of social services outsourced from govt is very big business....

I have some sort of gut feeling that there is just something not right somewhere along this line of thoughts.....

my mind keeps flashing to "investments that should have worked but didnt" to gentleman's agreements to finance directors of large church based organisations proposing $50k surety......

its all pretty random at the moment but ill keep digging

Hi seeking

you are correct the provision of social services outsourced from govt is very big business....

I have some sort of gut feeling that there is just something not right somewhere along this line of thoughts.....

my mind keeps flashing to "investments that should have worked but didnt" to gentleman's agreements to finance directors of large church based organisations proposing $50k surety......

PC is a chartered accountant, maybe there is a connection from GBCs accountancy days...

Are you sure you are not talking about the Uniting church?

UT - that address of 41 Brookfield Rd, Kenmore can be seen on Google Maps. I pass it every day. It's a Church of Christ "commune" for want of a better word. And if you look it up on Google maps, you'll see what I mean - it's set well back from the road up a long driveway, with the Mail Centre just a bit further up the road with the curved, white roof.

UT - that address of 41 Brookfield Rd, Kenmore can be seen on Google Maps. I pass it every day. It's a Church of Christ "commune" for want of a better word. And if you look it up on Google maps, you'll see what I mean - it's set well back from the road up a long driveway, with the Mail Centre just a bit further up the road with the curved, white roof.

Thanks, I did actually look it up on google maps. I thought you may have been talking about the Uniting church and its multiple buildings.. Stupid me was getting mixed up and looking at the other end of Brookfield road!

I think I do know the place you mean now... I was getting mixed up before. :D

Thanks, I did actually look it up on google maps. I thought you may have been talking about the Uniting churche and its multiple buildings..

I think I do know the place you mean now...

"Churches of Christ Care’s housing services is one of the largest not-for-profit community housing providers in Queensland and has over 30 years experience in property and tenancy management."

http://care.cofcqld.com.au/housing/

Thankyou Doc, I just had a look on google maps...I was looking inbound, so its on the left as you approach the village carpark coming from brookfield? I just assumed it had to be a shop without thinking first :what:

It just seems like there are so many hidden connections at play, surrounding this man. Why do so many people feel this way about him? I get discombobulated just trying to figure this man out!

He seems to be connected
he has public speaking skills
he has been known to portray a likeable personality
hes a sales agent so has to have some false charm
Yet, people have stated his charm is genuine
He landed an intelligent, attractive, business minded woman
hes landed a fair few more on the sly with his wily ways
He's an active member in the community and appeared well known and well liked basically
he was the head of the chamber of commerce
he has friends (or at least acquanitances) in high places
he has facebook friends that many of us would never even feel comfortable talking to on a regular basis
he can swindle nearly anyone into loaning him huge amounts of cash to partake in his latest business scheme, no doubt promising them high returns for little risk.....and they believe it

I'm not going to list the negatives here...I will get carried away and before you know it I'll be back on time out, or worse!

Are these typical features of a sociapath? a narcissist? or just a damn lucky fool who bumbled his way through for longer than he should have? Or just a <snipped> with middle of the range intelligence with a high degree of self preservation?

Hi seeking

I really have no idea about any of those things. I wouldn't want to read too much into it...the old KISS principle. Maybe the friends offering bail were completely unrelated to any of the people he had lent money from in gentleman's agreements etc. Maybe the people offering bail really believed that he was innocent when they offered the bail money. I have met people in my life who if they believed something enough would contribute financially to the point of extending their home loan.....Didn't MSM say that one of the couple's would have to sell their house if they needed to pay the bail money? I have also met people who are in a strong enough position financially to make such offers. I know that it is beyond the reach of most people to think in such amounts of money..but there are people out there who for whatever reasons are in that sort of privileged financial position. People inherit money, or have a successful and profitable business and make their money. I have also known of people who have reached a stage in their life where they have no mortgage anymore and are comfortable financially and for whatever reason have no children and so may be in a position to help another substantially. The no children reference means that they haven't incurred the costs of raising children throughout their life and probably have been able to save and earn more in that time compared to others who are raising children ....and they may feel like using their money to help others as they don't have the motivation of leaving an inheritance for their own children. I have no idea whether the people offering money have children or not and I know nothing about them. I am just writing about possible scenarios based on things I have seen in my life.

I would really be surprised if a church organization was involved in some financial deal with GBC. Surely their books are heavily audited and the processes to use the money are heavily scrutinized..........but then again maybe Kruger is on to something. I am with going with the keep it simple option at this point until MSM reveals more.

All just my humble opinions and observations, and not fact.

so its on the left as you approach the village carpark coming from brookfield?

Yes - just BEFORE the Mail Centre on your left, as you come up the rise in Brookfield Rd.

Check out:

Zolpidem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It lasts for a few hours, but there have been cases of alleged (and court-accepted) activity while under the influence of Stillnox, including sleep-driving, bizarre actions, rape, and even falling off a cliff.

It has even been used, routinely, for sportspeople under medical supervision - high levels of physical activity during the training day, then Stillnox at night to ensure a few hours of deep sleep with no hangover effect. I think it was even in our local Sunday papers here yesterday.

But its link to, and an excuse for, criminal behaviour while under its influence is one that I personally find just that bit too convenient and opportunistic, and possibly something dreamed up by lawyers that has gradually become an accepted "thing". As I said - I remain cynical about this.

But my cynicism wouldn't stop GBC's defence team from trying it on.....

Wow Dr W, this is what they will say caused the car accident GBC had a few days after.....:waitasec:

Churches of Christ do own aged care facilities..so probably why they do have the infastructure and finance director..

Thankyou Doc, I just had a look on google maps...I was looking inbound, so its on the left as you approach the village carpark coming from brookfield? I just assumed it had to be a shop without thinking first :what:

It just seems like there are so many hidden connections at play, surrounding this man. Why do so many people feel this way about him? I get discombobulated just trying to figure this man out!

He seems to be connected
he has public speaking skills
he has been known to portray a likeable personality
hes a sales agent so has to have some false charm
Yet, people have stated his charm is genuine
He landed an intelligent, attractive, business minded woman
hes landed a fair few more on the sly with his wily ways
He's an active member in the community and appeared well known and well liked basically
he was the head of the chamber of commerce
he has friends (or at least acquanitances) in high places
he has facebook friends that many of us would never even feel comfortable talking to on a regular basis
he can swindle nearly anyone into loaning him huge amounts of cash to partake in his latest business scheme, no doubt promising them high returns for little risk.....and they believe it

I'm not going to list the negatives here...I will get carried away and before you know it I'll be back on time out, or worse!

Are these typical features of a sociapath? a narcissist? or just a damn lucky fool who bumbled his way through for longer than he should have? Or just a <modsnip> with middle of the range intelligence with a high degree of self preservation?
my grandchildrens parent would not agree with ALL of the above having described him to me as an "arrogant sleaze " dont go crook Kimster its a quote

Yes, I was getting all mixed up and looking at the other end of Brookfield road:blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member