NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possum, do you have any thoughts on Martha Cove and Peter Cranna?

IMO My theory on his new lawyer is that he is hoping that he can re-apply for bail with a changed legal circumstance i.e. change of legal representation. He will be hoping along with his new lawyer that they get a different judge that is a more lenient one who will grant bail as they will argue that the 12.30 face time call has no evidence of involvement and the prosecution will be limited to what they can argue that it all means due to the familys reluctance to speak with Police about this call.

As soon as he is granted bail he will be fast tracked with false passport out of the country. He will be out of the country before his first checkin time with the Police. Just my opinion but it seems to me this is his only way out of a life sentence as the evidence at this stage points to him being responsible.

my grandchildrens parent would not agree with ALL of the above having described him to me as an "arrogant sleaze " dont go crook Kimster its a quote

haha yep....I bet they wouldn't.. and I made a point to stop when I went to 'flip the coin' so to speak, on the other (real) side of GBC, but I bet thats just the tip of the iceberg

my grandchildrens parent would not agree with ALL of the above having described him to me as an "arrogant sleaze " dont go crook Kimster its a quote

Link the quote and we'll be good. :D

I have a few questions for Hawkins et al...

With Chris nyst joining the team, would you think that gbc and his family perhaps are not confident with their current representatives? Why would they choose to bring this guy on when they are supposedly represented by some pretty hefty council already? And given this guy has represented a few cases now surely he would know the rules about being approved before speaking with the defendant so why on earth throw a tanty because he wasn't allowed in? Seems reasonable to me. Or is this just about creating a bit of a story for the media?

Could it be they can't afford Peter Davis sc any longer?

Should we be concerned about another solicitor joining ranks or this a sign of trouble for the defense team?

I'd just like to know wth is going on? How many lawyers will be on this thing - and more importantly, how is our team looking as opponents?

All IMO etc.

My take on this one ....

GBC initially retained Mahoney to act as his lawyer, Mahoney in turn contacts Peter Davis SC (members of public cant contact barristers direct, lawyers can), Davis SC accepts the case and goes on to be the barrister who appears in any court hearings.... That's how it was prior and for the bail hearing

Now let's say GBC is not happy with his legal representation for whatever reason he would have to terminate the agreement that he has with Mahoney to act for him, Davis SC would be notified of this

So then GBC needs to find a new lawyer to take on the case, new lawyer then would need to approach Counsel (barrister) to get a new or maybe same barrister retained to give advice/draft any court documents/appear in court etc.... thats how it should happen

I believe that prior to his arrest he may have been planning to use the life insurance monies to take his daughters to Canada where his brother lives?...He would not have been expecting to be the main POI and public opinion to be so against him so possibly had thought of taking the girls away for a new start away from the public eye...

Had he not been arrested he would have been able to do this, as being the sole parent he would not have had to ask consent from anyone...moo...

so am I right in thinking that the church of christ have extensive experience and knowledge in the real estate business? or just the property management side of it?

I believe that prior to his arrest he may have been planning to use the life insurance monies to take his daughters to Canada where his brother lives?...He would not have been expecting to be the main POI and public opinion to be so against him so possibly had thought of taking the girls away for a new start away from the public eye...

Had he not been arrested he would have been able to do this, as being the sole parent he would not have had to ask consent from anyone...moo...

So, he wasn't planning on paying the people who he owed money to? I don't see your logic.

so am I right in thinking that the church of christ have extensive experience and knowledge in the real estate business? or just the property management side of it?

Probably both.. they run aged care, retirement, community housing(low cost rent scheme), child care..

Hmm, who owns the child care centre next door to the BC house on Brookfield road?(that also own the house Allison and Gerard were renting)

Sorry to make another comment but i forgot to put something in the last one. Can someone please (in easier terms to understand) explain what this part means??

"I know very little of the case other than what I read in the newspapers, but I fear that the way this man is currently being treated by the authorities, when so far absolutely nothing has been proven against him, raises the very real spectre of a grave injustice being done to him." :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

"I know very little of this, other than someone else is making easy money"

So, he wasn't planning on paying the people who he owed money to? I don't see your logic.
I believe that may have been a possibility not to repay some of the people like family eg only the ones who would have been likely to sue and where there was no way out of paying them immediately...As you say Minni not really logical but possible imo because of the pressure he was under from the media etc...

Yes, it's a real site. A personal fave of mine :)

This is MOO.

Mine too! We all tend to rationalise behaviour and it's natural to see the good in people but sometimes they can be very cunning, appearing to be helping when in fact they are manipulating covertly. I think it's a good resource, it can really help open ones eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member