No outcry to find the killer/Zanny

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the defense were going to suggest that someone else had committed this crime they would have to first explain how said person got a hold of Caylee ... ie, if they were to say JG did away with Caylee ... they would also have to explain how Caylee got from ZFG to JG. This would all be opened up in trial ... they could not mention one thing without the other being an obstacle ... Casey's own statement about ZFG will be admitted.

OT - Emma is a beautiful, huggable baby!
You are absolutley correct, Casey's account of the kidnapping Zanny will be part of the testimony. That almost ties the defense soley into that story. How will they discount what the client told the authorties or make it seem the Nanny story was a cover-up so as not to reveal the real kidnapper.
I'm still betting on a plea bargin.
jmo

I haven't read many of your posts lately. It's nice to see that you agree the A's are finally out of denial - about most things.

My opinion only

I guess I was fooled because you seem to respond to so many of them. :waitasec:

I think the reason the A's are saying that they're standing behind KC is b/c they believe it might have been an accident. They know there's no Zanny the Nanny. They know of the evidence, and regardless of how they portrayed themselves in the beginning, they aren't saying the same things now. They probably want KC to know that their love is unconditional, whatever that may be. Heck, they might even feel partially responsible for the way their daughter turned out...everyone sees that KC must have had problems for years that were overlooked. Alot of people are hung up on the idea that the defense will try to prove it was someone else...when in fact, all they'd really have to do is prove accident. Everyone needs to remember that the prosecution decided to go with a murder charge, instead of manslaughter. Murder is harder to prove. I do believe that KC is the guilty perp, but I also believe that the defense can show various scenarios of how the outcome could have been via accident, an in turn, explain away the things that took place afterwards. Do I believe that to be the case, accident that is? I really don't know, in my heart I think KC did this deliberately...but my brain tells me a different story. I can't get past the duct tape. I'm very curious to see how this plays out in a court of law. I hope it's televised. I'd love to learn from it.

I guess I was fooled because you seem to respond to so many of them. :waitasec:

Not for a very long time, but we are OT. Back to no outcry for another killer by the A's or anyone else.

My opinion only

True, that was the case with SP ... however, SP never said so and so "kidnapped my pregnant wife".

Call me a bit slow, my lightbulb just went on. I now see what you're saying. The prosecution will introduce Casey's statement about Zanny stealing Caylee. Honestly, I have no idea how the defense will deal with that. They'd be fools to try to convince anyone that the story is true, but then how do they explain that Casey made the whole thing up for some reason other than to cover her own guilt? Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I think if that were the case they'd still be in the media making statements about Casey's innocence and how the truth will come out at the trial. The A's are not dumb, they see that the evidence all points directly at Casey and no one else, IMO.

I don't think even the media would allow them on anymore. the media has to retain some semblance of credibility.

I think the reason the A's are saying that they're standing behind KC is b/c they believe it might have been an accident. They know there's no Zanny the Nanny. They know of the evidence, and regardless of how they portrayed themselves in the beginning, they aren't saying the same things now. They probably want KC to know that their love is unconditional, whatever that may be. Heck, they might even feel partially responsible for the way their daughter turned out...everyone sees that KC must have had problems for years that were overlooked. Alot of people are hung up on the idea that the defense will try to prove it was someone else...when in fact, all they'd really have to do is prove accident. Everyone needs to remember that the prosecution decided to go with a murder charge, instead of manslaughter. Murder is harder to prove. I do believe that KC is the guilty perp, but I also believe that the defense can show various scenarios of how the outcome could have been via accident, an in turn, explain away the things that took place afterwards. Do I believe that to be the case, accident that is? I really don't know, in my heart I think KC did this deliberately...but my brain tells me a different story. I can't get past the duct tape. I'm very curious to see how this plays out in a court of law. I hope it's televised. I'd love to learn from it.

how could it be an accident when KC said Zanny had klee all along? oh the tangled webs we weave....

I think that the fact that the A's nor anyone else ... including JB, have put forth an effort to find the killer/kidnapper, Zanny "the Nanny" F G, speaks volumes. If someone dear to your family was kidnapped and later found murdered ... wouldn't you do all you could to bring the person accused to justice? After all, we know that Zanny was the last person to have Caylee -- at least according to Casey and the A's. So why do we not hear via the attorney that the A's are asking for help to clear their daughters name and bring the real killer to justice? Also, you notice, we never hear from anyone on the defense asking for the "real" JH or JL, Samantha and RF nor any other, heretofore, unverified witnesses to come forward. Any ONE of these people could clear his client ... or in the least verify her credibility ... yet he has made no public EFFORT to find them! How could ALL of these people suddenly drop from the face of the earth at the same time? To me that says it all. IMO a jury will think the same!
What a wonderful point ! Yes, when you think of this case and compare to other homicide cases, finding and holding the guilty person responsible IS one of the only recourses for the victrim's family. For most it is the only thing they can and want to do after loosing a loved one, Homicide Detectives know this and work hard to bring this piece of closure to the families. In this case, I believe the Anthony's chose long ago to side with KC over Caylee. If they had really believed Caylee was alive and being held by someone, like they professed on National TV, you would think they would be outraged to find out, finally, that Caylee is dead. That is IF they really believed. They SHOULD be outraged at the person responsible, yes even if that's their daughter. Just my opiniion.

Not long ago JB was on tv doing one of his many press conferences....and a reporter asked if the defense had someone other than kc in mind as to who killed caylee. he responded with (not exact words)- yes we do. ok, well if this is the case, why not get it out there so that person can be found?????

This is all theoretical, but I think this might help explain why the defense has not come forward with a suspect:

As the case stands Casey's attorneys ONLY have to force the prosecution to prove beyond reasonable doubt that Casey murdered Caylee. At this point, the case is strictly circumstantial. So unless there is some direct evidence, the defense is better off defending the case as-is, rather than adding in some other player or players who may complicate matters and cause additional charges to be brought against their client.

Let's say, theoretically, Casey didn't kill Caylee, someone else did. In this theory, her attorneys know who the killer is, but they also know that Casey did something illegal that led to the incident making her an accessory to murder or perhaps she could also be charged with murder as well as the other person involved, even though she didn't kill or intend to kill Caylee. Then it would not benefit the defenses' case to bring that information forward because that would lead to direct evidence for the prosecution. Does that make sense?

And about the Amber Alert - in a kidnapping, there is very specific criteria that must be met for an Amber Alert to be issued. Unfortunately, Caylee's disappearance was reported such a long time after it happened that it no longer met that criteria, so no Amber Alert could be issued. George Anthony did request one and he was turned down.

JB is going to attack everything he can find to attack in hopes that just one thing will sway a juror. He has no evidence to support an alternative theory so he'll 'suggest' a few and hope one of the 12 might find it reasonable. In other words, he's going to throw the entire pot of spaghetti on the wall and hope that just one noodle sticks. He'll probably contradict himself repeatedly, just like Geragos did. The evidence is good if he can use it to support a theory, junk if he wants to debunk one. He has nothing else he can work with.

I don't believe Baez will even be on this case when it comes to trial. He is headed out the door. Wanna bet?

I also believe their best shot would be that George did it. He & Cindy obviously lied about him seeing her last, and they may be able to use that to KC's benefit. All they have to say is KC left her with George and never saw her again. George obviously had a key to her car, as he picked it up. Then say he testified against her to the GJ because he was the guilty one. I believe she was setting that up when she talked about him abusing her.

I don't think even the media would allow them on anymore. the media has to retain some semblance of credibility.

I disagree big time. I think if it was known that the A's are willing to grant an interview the media would be beating a path to their door. Since when is the media worried about credibility? LP on NG every night shows us that's not the case.

I don't believe Baez will even be on this case when it comes to trial. He is headed out the door. Wanna bet?

I also believe their best shot would be that George did it. He & Cindy obviously lied about him seeing her last, and they may be able to use that to KC's benefit. All they have to say is KC left her with George and never saw her again. George obviously had a key to her car, as he picked it up. Then say he testified against her to the GJ because he was the guilty one. I believe she was setting that up when she talked about him abusing her.

I don't believe that George's story about seeing Caylee on the 16th is an obvious lie. Quite the opposite, actually. The evidence seems to support his account. There's too much evidence pointing to Casey for the jury ever to believe that George was actually the murderer. That would never fly.

JMO...I think the A's have come to terms that KC did it. At first hoping that it was an accident, that she was too afraid to tell anyone. Then poor Caylee's body was found, duct tape an all. At that time they probably were hit with reality.
Had to come to terms that they raised a monster, beating themselves up for "where did they go wrong?" GA...goes over everything in his head, all the things he felt he "should" have done (that hindsight is 20/20 thing that all parents do), and guilts himself into a deep depression (hence the suicide attempt).
After emotionally working through all of this. They probably now feel that they lost 1 "daughter", but still have one alive. If she can get off, then they as parents can rehabilitate her. They are afraid of losing everything, and grasping to keep what they have.
Sorry so long

Of course it does. It says that the A's believe that Casey is responsible for what happened to Caylee. I guess I'm missing the point here - isn't that what everyone wanted? Why is this a bad thing?

The topic of this thread is about no outcry for the real killers, and related posts by those who believe the Anthony and defense team are maintaining KC's innocence. That is the point of my post. I wholeheartedly disagree that CA & GA believe KC did this. After the LE interview wherein CA stated that Zanny was whoever was watching Caylee at the time, CA changed her tune again and spoke again publicly that it was Zanny and insisted on KC's innocence. George as well, after his LE interviews, maintained publicly that he had people watching the kidnappers. The week Caylee's remains were found CA stated rather emphatically on LK Live that KC was innocent. Nothing they have done since Caylee's remains were found indicate they have changed that position. To the contrary, at the last public hearing their attorney BC showed up for the purpose, imo, of telling the public and KC that her parents loved her and supported her. At Caylee's memorial it was made clear by CA that she thinks KC is innocent, otherwise CA's comments about wishing she were there to comfort KC and wipe away her tears in her time of grief make no sense. GA is now acting as a spokesperson for a missing children's organization claiming at Halleigh's pressers that he and Halleigh's family belong to the same club--that of missing, kidnapped children. Again, if he thought otherwise his comments and appearances related to kidnapped missing children would be a bit disingenuous.

how could it be an accident when KC said Zanny had klee all along? oh the tangled webs we weave....

I think KC used the word "Zanny" to throw off her parents. I don't even know if I believe she used the name for close to 2 years. Maybe CA & GA went along with that part of it just b/c they wanted to believe their daughter. I know Rev G came out and said KC mentioned the name once before, but maybe she mentioned the name "Zanny" b/c she knew she got away with it with her parents, so... I think there's more to KC leaving all of the time and sneaking back in when her parents weren't home. Sure, I think she hung out with friends, mooched as much as she could...but I also think there's more to what she was doing. jmo.

I think that sums it up quite well. People need to remember that the A's are not the defense and may not even be supporting the defense. That line seems to get a bit blurred at times.

Exactly, I completely concur. Not to mention, there has been no love lost between the Anthony Family and Baez for many months now. George even tried in the jail house video visit that was released most recently to gently point out to Casey that Jose worked for HER and not the other way around. Of course Casey only heard what she wanted to hear, and completely missed his point.

If the Defense and the Anthony Family were a united front as so many people suggest, we would have seen their presence at the Memorial, "supporting" Casey's parents. Nor would the Defense have read the snotty and incredibly tacky little "press release" from Casey to the public condemning her parents for both the cremation and the public memorial. That certainly did nothing to endear the Anthony Family to their Daughter OR the Defense.

Those remarks, had they truly needed to be shared, could have been communicated privately to the Family. But the truckloads of animosity and bitterness coming out of the jail towards her Family was more important than behaving with what little Grace and Dignity Casey could muster the day before Caylee's Memorial. She was pissed that she had to release Caylee's remains to her Parents in order to keep from looking like a BIGGER Monster than she already looks like in the public's eyes. But she had to get her jabs in anyway because even after murdering her own daughter to get back at her Mother, Cindy was STILL getting to have the last word where Caylee was concerned.

I think in the coming months we will see the gulf between the Anthony Family and Casey/Defense widen even more as trial approaches, and more information is released about the actual cause of Caylee's death.

I believe they know KC is guilty too but I also think they're accepting the fact that it wasn't accidental. I think they don't go visit her or call because they don't want to - not because it's recorded.

Yes, Yes and Yes ! ;)

If they wanted to go see her they would. Especially before Caylee's Memorial if they were truly still buying the "Invisible Nanny" load of manure. Yes they claim through their Attorney that they don't go because the video visits are released to the public right away. But I feel that the A's know if they come out publicly against her, that they will be helping to put the needle in her arm. She is still their daughter, and even though they know she is guilty, they still love her. That much was very obvious during the memorial to me. They spoke lovingly to her, even after she spit in their faces via her tasteless press release the day before. But there was also a heavy sadness in their words that communicated loud and clear that Casey was NOT the victim, Caylee was and will always be.

As a parent, I cannot imagine a more untenable position than that one. Yes, it's taken longer than many people would have liked to finally get them to begin to see the truth. But unfortunately, everyone has to find their own way there. Some take the high road, some take the low road, and some take the long way around. What matters isn't how you got there, it's the fact that you arrived at all that truly means anything.

;)

One would expect to see this computer literate family have a website with a composite sketch of Zanny, a description of the car, a description of what Caylee was wearing when she was kidnapped etc. But they don't. One would have expected them to make televised pleas to Zanny or whomever for Caylee's safe return but they didn't. Speaks volumes.

ITA! Their demeanor is very off putting.

I think that sums it up quite well. People need to remember that the A's are not the defense and may not even be supporting the defense. That line seems to get a bit blurred at times.

Chilly,

I agree that the A's know Casey did it and hope it was an accident.

But, I also think the A's are funneling money into Casey's defense. IMO, the lines actually are blurred.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member