Norway Norway - Oslo, WhtFem 20-30, Fake Name, shot in hotel room, Jun'95

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stunt coordinator for Lethal Weapon was very involved in the production. He's also a former US Army Special Forces instructor.
Good points. I don't understand the comment that LW is not a good comparison. It's perfectly valid; it's a gun of similar size (in fact the grip proportions of the Beretta are slightly larger than the Browning) and you cannot deny that Mel Gibson did indeed perform that exact hold in the movie.

It's an entirely plausible way in which to shoot oneself. Also, the thing I've consistently banged on about, is the fact that her thumb was still fully depressing the trigger when the gun was removed from her hand. For someone else to have shot her and then transferred the gun from his hand to hers would have been, for all practical purposes, impossible.

Most of my mind thinks its suicide, but I just can't get past these two details -

a) The meal she ordered the night before still being undigested in her stomach.

b) The lady who delivered the meal the night before saw a small suitcase in the room and 'Jennifer' wearing garments not present after her death, despite the key card not being used to enter the room again after the time of the meal being delivered to the room. Where did these items go? How could Jennifer have disposed of them without leaving her room and therefore having to use her card to get back in?

Most of my mind thinks its suicide, but I just can't get past these two details -

a) The meal she ordered the night before still being undigested in her stomach.

b) The lady who delivered the meal the night before saw a small suitcase in the room and 'Jennifer' wearing garments not present after her death, despite the key card not being used to enter the room again after the time of the meal being delivered to the room. Where did these items go? How could Jennifer have disposed of them without leaving her room and therefore having to use her card to get back in?

Working with technology all day... makes me not really believe in the infallibility of door sensors/keypads/etc. Especially 27+ year old technology. I'm not going to put too much stock in believing that the door wasn't opened more.

Working with technology all day... makes me not really believe in the infallibility of door sensors/keypads/etc. Especially 27+ year old technology. I'm not going to put too much stock in believing that the door wasn't opened more.
Maybe, but a malfunctioning keypad/door sensor still doesn't explain the undigested food.

Maybe, but a malfunctioning keypad/door sensor still doesn't explain the undigested food.

<modsnip>

This poor woman shot herself. It really is that simple. The numerous exceptionally unlikely events which would need to occur for this to be a murder and for the shooter to get clean away with no one seeing him, or anything out of the ordinary for that matter, add up to it being utterly impossible. All the suggestions of spies, Black Ops, assassins and cover ups have absolutely zero basis to exist based on the evidence we have.

The real mystery is who she was; how she ended up there; why a young woman was apparently travelling with very few clothes, indeed very little of anything other than a big pistol and a bag of ammunition; why was there a second shot fired into the bed, and what drove her to kill herself let alone to do it in such a manner that she must have known that she may never be identified and that her family and friends would despair as to where she went? It's utterly tragic.

Eventually she'll be identified. The Norwegian authorities have her DNA profile but apparently aren't allowed to enter it into public databases to look for relatives. One day, by fair means or foul, that will happen and she will be identified. When she is it will almost certainly be a rather mundane story; she won't be a spy or an international criminal. Perhaps a sex worker but probably not. She'll be an unfortunate young woman who probably went down some wrong paths in life, or was pushed down said paths. There will likely be a criminal or otherwise dodgy or abusive bloke involved - which is probably where the gun came from - and it will be all rather sad.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
As an aside; I'm off to Jersey next week for the air display. A mate owns a Browning High Power there (illegal in UK) so if anyone wants any pics or details or wants me to test anything then shout up and I'll see what I can do.

I'm failing to see the relevance of the state of digestion of the food, to be honest. Why is it relevant to whether she shot herself or was murdered? Person eats some food then kills themself.

Actually it is one of the most relevant details in the case given the time disparity between the time she got her meal and the estimated time of death.

Which part of the article provides the proof of when she last ate? Genuine question, I'm not trying to antagonise here.

couldn't she have just... eaten it later on after it was delivered? I think I'm missing something
I don't think that you are. I think the inference is that because it was delivered at X time then she must have eaten it at that time. <modsnip>

Is that Robert Stack on your profile pic, btw?

Reactions: ipa
I don't think that you are. I think the inference is that because it was delivered at X time then she must have eaten it at that time. <modsnip>

Is that Robert Stack on your profile pic, btw?

Ok... I mean if you are in crisis enough to shoot yourself, you might also eat food that's a few hours old? Doesn't seem like that much of a reach

And yes, it is! From Unsolved Mysteries episode where they went to Alcatraz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member