GUILTY NV - Shia Travis, 21 mos, raped & murdered, Las Vegas, 10 June 2009

I just want to take these people by the shoulders and ask them what was so important that this little soul had to die for it.

It is ridiculous.
:(
:banghead:

I just want to take these people by the shoulders and ask them what was so important that this little soul had to die for it.

It is ridiculous.
:(
:banghead:

We can only speculate drugs will come in to play somewhere here.

JMO

Quite probable. This is not one of the better areas of our fine city. :banghead:

Oh so you live in Vegas. Please update us if you hear anything more on the local news tonight. Pretty Please!!! :blowkiss:

Oh so you live in Vegas. Please update us if you hear anything more on the local news tonight. Pretty Please!!! :blowkiss:

Will do. I'm hoping they will make the arrests very soon!

Quite probable. This is not one of the better areas of our fine city. :banghead:

Is prostition a problem? (I'm just wondering- the young female that they're looking for seems the "right" age for being involved with an older man for reasons like that- JMO)

http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10521185
June 11, 2009 11:44 PM CDT

Messages of faith and sorrow are being dropped off around a small memorial set up where a baby girl's body was found...

http://www.kxnt.com/Suspects-Sought-in-Dumpster-Baby-Case/4588789
Friday, 12 June 2009 5:08AM

Police are looking for two suspects in the death of a toddler found in a dumpster near Swenson and Sierra Vista. Police are looking for 20-year-old Darrean Williams and 37-year-old William Marshall. Williams is said to be the mother of the child and Marshal her boyfriend...

What is your name little one?

It drives me to distraction when we don't know the names of these little ones. She deserves to have her name known and spoken.:(

I'm playing catch up on this case at the moment. How did they figure out who this precious child belonged to? Did someone come forward with a tip or something?

I am sure that I read that a neighbour came forward. He recognised the poor child and suggested that the mother had been carrying her in an odd way as if she were a football:confused::(

My heart is broke for this precious baby girl..blunt force trauma cause of death is horrible, I wonder how long she was enduring this kind of abuse? After looking at the pictures of the possible mother it looks like she has acouple of blackeyes like maybe her nose was broke.
May this baby rest in peace now.

I am so glad those homeless men happened to be searching that dumpster at that time, so that poor baby was found.

I'm confused. If police are pretty certain they know the mother of this childs name, why can't they look for the following?

1-Search the mothers name to see if she ever applied for a social security number for this child? The mothers name would be on the application, no? If she did, what is the name of the child she applied for a ss number?

2-Same as above to determine if this mother ever applied for public assistance, WIC?, The childs name would be on WIC vouchers, no? or would that just be the mothers name on WIC vouchers, or any other applications for public assistance.

3-Did the mother ever apply for public assistance for medical insurance? would the medical insurance not show record of her giving birth in a hospital, where? and what date? If so, the hospital would have records of the baby's name, no?

4-Did the mother ever apply for a birth certificate for this child?

I realize some of the above is 'private', but wouldn't a murder investigation over rule the information remaining private?

Certainly LE can research the above with the mothers name to get a possible ID on this precious child, no?

Those are good ideas, Cubby. The SS stuff might be hard to get but the WIC and welfare stuff would probably have a record.

Thanks BrKnHrT.

Not to mention having the mothers name, does she have no siblings, parents? Even is she isn't close to them and they may have been unaware of the abuse, wouldn't someone in her family know she had a baby? Even if her family had never seen the baby? or possibly only seen pictures? What about the mothers friends? I can understand a neighbor not knowing a childs name, but not friends or family.

Bad enough this child was murdered but to then dump her like garbage?? Its like it couldnt get any worse but it somehow does.........

Thanks BrKnHrT.

Not to mention having the mothers name, does she have no siblings, parents? Even is she isn't close to them and they may have been unaware of the abuse, wouldn't someone in her family know she had a baby? Even if her family had never seen the baby? or possibly only seen pictures? What about the mothers friends? I can understand a neighbor not knowing a childs name, but not friends or family.

Do they still not know the child's name? I thought they surely had recognized the victim after they released the suspects and said one of them was her mom.

Any news?

Also, I hope this event helps those homeless men get the inspiration to turn their lives around - they've done a good thing, so I hope the pride from that can help them. That way, at least some silver lining can be had in all this darkness.

When I searched yesterday, Saturday the 13th, I had not found any news article indicating the child had been id'd.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back