GUILTY NV - Shia Travis, 21 mos, raped & murdered, Las Vegas, 10 June 2009

OK, I just assumed I guess, because they said that the wanted woman was her mom and the wanted man wasn't her father. How do they know who her parents are or aren't if they still don't know who she is?

OK, I just assumed I guess, because they said that the wanted woman was her mom and the wanted man wasn't her father. How do they know who her parents are or aren't if they still don't know who she is?

I think they only have the info from a neighbor. They could have confirmed the names of the two who were on the lease of the apartment. It would be easy to assume, but I don't think the neighbor knew the childs name. Just recognized the picture as being the child of one of her neighbors.

:blowkiss:

I think they only have the info from a neighbor. They could have confirmed the names of the two who were on the lease of the apartment. It would be easy to assume, but I don't think the neighbor knew the childs name. Just recognized the picture as being the child of one of her neighbors.

:blowkiss:

It does look like the neighbor didn't know but surely these people have some friends or relatives who have heard it

According to AMW her name is Shia Travis. Rest in peace, little Shia.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=66144

Thank you for the update Donjeta.

Rest in peace Shia. You are safe from harm now.

A 37-year-old man has been arrested in Phoenix and charged with the murder of his girlfriend's baby, found in an apartment trash bin near the Strip last week.
Las Vegas polie, who identified the baby as 21-month-old Shia Travis, said Sunday that William Marshall faces extradition to Southern Nevada.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/48059102.html

They are saying this morning it is unlikely the "mother" will face charges. :furious:

A 37-year-old man has been arrested in Phoenix and charged with the murder of his girlfriend's baby, found in an apartment trash bin near the Strip last week.
Las Vegas polie, who identified the baby as 21-month-old Shia Travis, said Sunday that William Marshall faces extradition to Southern Nevada.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/48059102.html

They are saying this morning it is unlikely the "mother" will face charges. :furious:

No charges at all!?!!? OK, maybe she didn't kill the child, but allowing her to be killed, or even allowing her to be dumped in the trash should result in something. My word, what is going on!?!

Rest in Peace Shia. What a beautiful name for such a beautiful little girl. Shia Faye

O.M.G. There is no reason for this to continue breathing. It's a safe bet that the day she died was not the first time little Shia was harmed at the hands of this . We'll see what the "mother" says, but honestly, these women have to do a better job of protecting their babies. It's not natural to do otherwise. IMO

:rage:http://www.kxnt.com/Marshall-Facing-Sexual-Assault-Charges/4610118

Posted: Tuesday, 16 June 2009 5:22AM

...Marshall is also facing a count of sexual assault with a minor under 14-years-old after Shia was found with physical injuries...

http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/19760010/detail.html

UPDATED: 11:00 pm PDT June 15, 2009

...The case of a baby girl's body dumped in a trash bin took a gruesome turn Monday when Las Vegas police said the suspect had sexually assaulted the 1-year-old before killing her...

WARNING: Do not read the following snippets they are graphic if you are sensitive

http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=10539826

...According to the criminal complaint, detectives believe the little girl was also raped; results of the autopsy indicate forced penetration and tearing to her genitals...

... William Marshall, the boyfriend and suspected pimp of the toddler's mother...

...police say there was evidence that the child was also beaten, which coincides with the autopsy and cause of death...

... "She had severe blunt force trauma to the head," confirms Metro Lt. Lew Roberts. "When we were out there, you couldn't see the trauma because of her hair...

...The report says detectives found two softball-sized divots in the wall; the divots were about the size of a toddler's head and had hair consistent with that of the victim.

...They also found similar hair in an emptied-out section of the freezer...

... "There are aggravating circumstances that would allow us to seek the death penalty."

My apologies if anyone finds me bringing these details to this board inappropriate. I think and feel with all my heart that victims of violent crimes who have been murdered deserve to speak to us through their autopsy and we have a duty to listen. JMHO

WARNING: Do not read the following snippets they are graphic if you are sensitive

http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=10539826

My apologies if anyone finds me bringing these details to this board inappropriate. I think and feel with all my heart that victims of violent crimes who have been murdered deserve to speak to us through their autopsy and we have a duty to listen. JMHO

I completely agree - those details that are uncomfortable to read are 1000000000X easier to read than to experience, so we shouldn't shy away, though we handle the details with discretion.

What a monstrous case. I am just gob smacked at the adults in this case. Where was the mother, who was supposed to protect that child?

RIP, baby Shia.

Huh-let's see. This big bad dude forcibly raped and then murdered a baby by slamming her head into sheetrock. Then someone put her in the freezer and then a pillowcase...then a dumpster.

Thinkin his street cred might just have turned to dust.

He is lucky in a way to be farmed out to Missouri for his car theft charge, but I suspect things will not go well for him when he returns to Vegas.

For some reason this smacks of punishment to Mom-I do not know why, but it seems to me like he took the baby away in the ugliest most brutal way he could.

If Mom was complicit, I hope she never, ever sees the light of day again. JMO.

Wow. Just wow. I don't even have any words. I wish I could have given that precious baby a good home and loved her so she wouldn't have had to live that torture. I've said it a million times and I'll say it again. I just dont understand... an innocent baby :(

Huh-let's see. This big bad dude forcibly raped and then murdered a baby by slamming her head into sheetrock. Then someone put her in the freezer and then a pillowcase...then a dumpster.

Thinkin his street cred might just have turned to dust.

He is lucky in a way to be farmed out to Missouri for his car theft charge, but I suspect things will not go well for him when he returns to Vegas.

For some reason this smacks of punishment to Mom-I do not know why, but it seems to me like he took the baby away in the ugliest most brutal way he could.

If Mom was complicit, I hope she never, ever sees the light of day again. JMO.

I think you're bang on with the punishment theory.

Wow. Just wow. I don't even have any words. I wish I could have given that precious baby a good home and loved her so she wouldn't have had to live that torture. I've said it a million times and I'll say it again. I just dont understand... an innocent baby :(

Tonight, as my 16 month old was having his bath, and I was holding his fresh pjs, I got this horrible sadness, thinking that this little baby should have been having her bath and getting ready for bed, too. Such a simple thing, but dammit she deserved to have a fun splash, and go to bed safe, and wake up happy...

This case breaks my heart.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo
death penalty
i am SO TIRED of ppl hurting these little babies...man they're just babies...looking up at you with their big eyes, completely trusting and innocent.
God help me not to hate

God this just makes me sick.

I'm sorry I can't find the video now, but the "mother" put on quite a show today visiting the dumpster in which her baby girl was found. The bio dad was there too.

Based on the evidence, I find it quite impossible to believe her boyfriend never harmed this beautiful baby before the day he killed her. Mom was either not paying attention or didn't care. Either way, she needs to be locked up too. IMO

I just will never understand why people like this HAVE babies they don't want and will not protect and care for.

I have absolutley no words I can say that won't get me banned from WS!
Both of these people, the mother and boyfriend need to be charged. That mother should NOT be out of jail. Leaving that baby while she went to turn tricks in AZ...Where the Hell is my Gun...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back