GUILTY NV - Shia Travis, 21 mos, raped & murdered, Las Vegas, 10 June 2009

http://www.fox5vegas.com/video/19770119/index.html

Video of mother

...According to Williams’ sister, the 22-year-old had gone to Arizona last week to work as a prostitute, leaving Travis in Marshall’s care...

...Marhsall met Williams in Phoenix over the weekend and the couple was arrested at a Motel 6 near Tempe. Police said Williams didn’t know about her daughter’s death until after she was in custody...

...It is possible Williams could still face charges in the case, according to Metro Lt. Lew Roberts.

“[There is the] possibility of neglect changes, possibility of child endangerment charges. That’s something that the DA will have to decide,” Roberts said.

Tonight, as my 16 month old was having his bath, and I was holding his fresh pjs, I got this horrible sadness, thinking that this little baby should have been having her bath and getting ready for bed, too. Such a simple thing, but dammit she deserved to have a fun splash, and go to bed safe, and wake up happy...

This case breaks my heart.

Aw, my baby is 16 months too! I know what you mean. It's not fair that some babies like this have to endure this kind of treatment. And sadly, there are so many out there right now being abused like this that we will never know about. It breaks my heart. I wish I could take them all in and just cuddle and love them and protect them like they deserve. :(

When my baby girl sees me for the first time in the morning, she squeals "Ma-MA!!" with such excitement that just melts my heart into a puddle. The way she clings to me and gives me her little slobbery kisses. The way my little boy comes up and for no reason says "I yuv you, Mommy" and rests his little head on my shoulder. I just don't understand how these monsters can hurt these precious little gifts from Heaven?? I don't get it!

Does anyone else find it peculiar that Shia's Mother would allow them to film her walking to the garbage dumpster where her child was found?

I don't know why that sets wrong with me.

Ok, this isn't matching up to neighbor accounts of seeing the couple fighting in Vegas and the suspicious activity and going back and forth to the dumpster. Mom can't be in two states at the same time. And why go to Arizona to work as a prostitute when you have all the business you need in Vegas? IMO, Arizona is where they BOTH ran to hide and nothing more. I'm happy to hear she could still be facing charges.

Quote:
...According to Williams’ sister, the 22-year-old had gone to Arizona last week to work as a prostitute, leaving Travis in Marshall’s care...

...Marhsall met Williams in Phoenix over the weekend and the couple was arrested at a Motel 6 near Tempe. Police said Williams didn’t know about her daughter’s death until after she was in custody...

...It is possible Williams could still face charges in the case, according to Metro Lt. Lew Roberts.

“[There is the] possibility of neglect changes, possibility of child endangerment charges. That’s something that the DA will have to decide,” Roberts said.

Ok, so I just watched the video of the Momster on the previous post and that was so hokey. Was it just me or was that really really fake? I don't know.... I just don't get it.

Ok, this isn't matching up to neighbor accounts of seeing the couple fighting in Vegas and the suspicious activity and going back and forth to the dumpster. Mom can't be in two states at the same time. And why go to Arizona to work as a prostitute when you have all the business you need in Vegas? IMO, Arizona is where they BOTH ran to hide and nothing more. I'm happy to hear she could still be facing charges.

Quote:

I was thinking the same thing SuziQ. IIRC, many of the neighbors said they saw both taking bags from the house to the car the day before Shia was found. And yes, there's plenty of business for someone in her line of work right here in Vegas. She's full of carp. Hope to see her loser *advertiser censored** locked up by the first of next week.

I wouldn't have any trouble coming up with a tear if I lost one of my babies.

Who leaves their child with a pimp??? A pimp, by definition, is a sex offender, IMO. This alone should warrant some sort of charges, no?

I wonder if it was a hostage-type thing? "Go do such-and-such in AZ, or I kill th girl"?

Does anyone have any updates on this horrific case? I haven't seen anything since the arrest of the two suspects. I can't find anything about a trial or court proceedings of any kind.

http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10538411

an older article about Shia.

Are the two suspects still on the run? does anyone know?

The last update I have is from June of 2009 with the arrest of the suspected killer in Arizona. The authorities were working on extraditing him to Las Vegas.
I can't find anything more recent than that.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/19760010/detail.html

William Marshall, 37, is charged with the murder and sexual assault of 1-year-old Shia Travis.

Travis’ mother, Darrean Williams, was in Phoenix when it happened, police said. Both were arrested by an FBI task force in Tempe on Saturday.

Marshall is being held without bond and will go to court June 23.

It is possible Williams could still face charges in the case, according to Metro Lt. Lew Roberts.

Where's common of sense for those who doesn't want to have toddler around?
It's not too hard to place the toddler to the hospital or agency place (no question asked) that can take care of her until someone adopts her as second chance life & loving home.

Poor little girl, did she have a chance? Please tell me that is not his mug shot with a smile.

Poor beautiful, darling little Shia. I thought I had heard it all until I read the likes of this. I hope the culprit gets back all he gave out, plus a hundred times more, for this horrific assault on a vulnerable, helpless little baby.

From October 2012:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/crime-courts/man-convicted-child-murder-sentenced-life-prison

A 41-year-old Las Vegas man was sentenced Monday to life in prison without the possibility of parole for killing a 21-month-old girl and leaving her body in a Las Vegas trash bin.

William Marshall pleaded guilty on Aug. 1 to first-degree murder for the death of Shia Travis. The toddler was found dead after being left in Marshall's care by her mother, a prostitute named Darrean Williams, according to authorities.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?
Back