GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is there a go fund me page? Geez, used to be someone in your family died you set out notifying friends and relatives. Now you set up a page to collect money from strangers?

I'm hopelessly lost with all these stories but that fact confuses me too, among many other things.

And wasn't the husband offering a restored El Camino worth (I think) in excess of 60,000 as a reward for info/the perp? if so he can surely afford the funeral expense.

I think the family members have been trying to spin this in a way that paints TM & her son as the innocent parties. But they didn't have a family pow-wow to get their stories straight before talking to police. The father told the police one thing, then daughter tells the police something else, the brother tells them something else, and the other brother tells them yet another version. I think that's why the story is coming out in dribs and drabs, and why the new information that's emerging is in such conflict with earlier narratives. JMO.

The only that that I'm pretty sure of at this point is that we do not yet have the full truth. I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to this story than what has been released so far. JMO, of course.

It might also be that the three witnesses don't know the entire story and, by trying to fill in the blanks, they get parts wrong and then change their story as they get new information.

The killing may have been self-defense but the cops may try to claim it was not. The son of the dead person, who discharged his own weapon, is their only witness. As the killer, I would not like those odds. I doubt we will ever know who took the first shot.

Was the victim carrying a gun? (The case "facts" change so fast, I'm not sure.) If she wasn't carrying a gun then I don't know that a self-defense plea will get far.

Sad that the family lost their mom and a husband his wife ; but to do a little 'armchair' sleuthing here---and I mean this in a respectful manner-- was there any chance she(Tammy) was hit by 'friendly fire' ?
They did a full autopsy to confirm it was the perp who shot her and not the son by accident ?
This incident makes no sense whatsoever.
I could not find a silver/grey colored car at night--much less the right one that was involved in a fender bender. But of course that's me.
Just baffling.
Was the perp known to them by any chance ?
All speculation and do not mean any disrespect to anyone.

:moo:

'My son is a HERO not a vigilante': Family of mom who was shot dead in road rage attack insist they were RIGHT to go hunting for suspect who ended up killing her

In a change from earlier accounts, police say Las Vegas mom Tammy Meyers fetched her armed son to help her search for an angry motorist

Grieving husband Robert Meyers defended his son Tuesday during a vigil held for his wife

Initial reports indicated Tammy Meyers was shot dead by a man who followed her home from her daughter's driving lesson

Police now say she was shot following an interaction that occurred after she and her son Brandon Meyers went searching for the motorist

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ision-chase-angry-motorist.html#ixzz3S7bARVfi

When I first saw this story on the news, My very first thought was, "What was she thinking?". I am in no way blaming her, but if she indeed help "celebrate" her son's birthday, where she needed to be driven home, as it has been speculated, then every decision she made was clouded by judgement.
I really would like to know, if she had anything on board ( in her blood stream ).
None of this makes sense.

It might also be that the three witnesses don't know the entire story and, by trying to fill in the blanks, they get parts wrong and then change their story as they get new information.

But this in itself would be a problem. When you don't know part of the story, you don't try to fill in the blanks by making things up.

If a person sticks to telling the truth, they don't need to change their story as new information comes out.

Was the victim carrying a gun? (The case "facts" change so fast, I'm not sure.) If she wasn't carrying a gun then I don't know that a self-defense plea will get far.

dr would have to do a gunshot residue test on tammy in an attempt to see if she fired the weapon. just guessing.

So many details about the run-in don't add up, as many sleuthers here have pointed out. I'm wondering:

- Could the family have been returning home from the son's birthday party when the altercation happened?
- Could the other son have been with them, too, and they retrieved the gun when they took the girl home?
- Before returning home to retrieve the gun, could they have followed the guy in the other car home? They claimed to have "stalked" the other car after they went out and found it before the driver followed them home. This would answer some questions about how they were able to locate the other car again in the dark.
- Maybe it was after the family followed the other car home that the perp went inside and got a gun, which is when the family went home to retrieve their gun and this time the perp followed them. This would also explain why more passengers were originally reported in the other car.

Even if this sequence of events is correct and TM's family was also firing shots, I don't see how the killer could claim self defense. That doesn't make any more sense than TM & son go back out after they were home and hunting down and then stalking the other driver in self defense (the family's claim). The driver of the other car went to TM's home of his own volition and armed. Once he was home, if he felt threatened, he could have and should have called LE.

Whatever truly happened, it wasn't worth someone losing their life.

So many details about the run-in don't add up, as many sleuthers here have pointed out. I'm wondering:

- Could the family have been returning home from the son's birthday party when the altercation happened?
- Could the other son have been with them, too, and they retrieved the gun when they took the girl home?
- Before returning home to retrieve the gun, could they have followed the guy in the other car home? They claimed to have "stalked" the other car after they went out and found it before the driver followed them home. This would answer some questions about how they were able to locate the other car again in the dark.
- Maybe it was after the family followed the other car home that the perp went inside and got a gun, which is when the family went home to retrieve their gun and this time the perp followed them. This would also explain why more passengers were originally reported in the other car.

Even if this sequence of events is correct and TM's family was also firing shots, I don't see how the killer could claim self defense. That doesn't make any more sense than TM & son go back out after they were home and hunting down and then stalking the other driver in self defense (the family's claim). The driver of the other car went to TM's home of his own volition and armed. Once he was home, if he felt threatened, he could have and should have called LE.

Whatever truly happened, it wasn't worth someone losing their life.

Very good points. There are more questions than answers at this point.

BBM: Sadly, since there were (according to the police) at least two people out there that night firing guns, there were at least two people who thought that the incident was worth someone losing their life over. I'm not saying that I think it was worth anyone losing their life over, but at least two people apparently thought it was.

"Here's what happens when she gets home," the lieutenant continued. "Mrs. Meyers is scared, but she's upset. She tells her daughter to go wake up her son, 22, to wake him up and have him come outside and get in the car with her so later they can find who frightened them and her daughter out on the roadway." bbm
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-vegas-mom-son-searched-vehicle-shooting-29042274?page=2 Feb 18

Ian, welcome to Websleuths and THANK YOU for the map, w locations of shooting, etc. marked.

Any PD or LE mention of cell phone records?
If mom was so enthused about hunting for the other driver & car, seems like - while still in car -
she w/h/ called son at home to wake him or w/h/instructed dau to do so.
Why wait until they got back to house to ask son to get gun & come out?
No cell w mom or 15 y/o dau seems unlikely.
Maybe she did, but LE did not mention?
Maybe mom or dau called, but call went to voice mail, or his phone was off.

IDK, JM2cts.

ETA: Not to make light of a death, but somehow conflicting info/versions w. unlikely actions running contrary to common sense
make me think of Elmore Leonard or Carl Hiaasen books.

RIP Tammy Meyers. Sad, sad, sad.

dr would have to do a gunshot residue test on tammy in an attempt to see if she fired the weapon. just guessing.

I imagine they probably did do a GSR test. (Maybe during one of her husband's many press conferences.)

eta - al66 is correct. This does seem like something out of a Hiaasen book. JMO

My .02 is that the 'altercation' would have happened immediately when they found/located the perp (after the initial fender bender or speeding up/slowing down argument) ; and not when the perp followed them home.
:moo:

This entire situation is sad. I visited Vegas back In May I stayed on the strip. I seen a lot of drivers honking horns at other cars sometimes laying on the horn for at least a minute, however none ever got out of the vehicles and proceeded to fight, the traffic is very busy and I would never ever attempt to drive there. On the other hand I visited Myrtle Beach South Carolina and the majority do not stop at the crosswalks you really have to watch yourself crossing the roads. As in Vegas the majority of the drivers will stop at the crosswalk. This entire situation could have been prevented. I really hope they find out the truth but about what happened, I think there's more to the story.

But this in itself would be a problem. When you don't know part of the story, you don't try to fill in the blanks by making things up.

If a person sticks to telling the truth, they don't need to change their story as new information comes out.

I agree. But sometimes people make assumptions about things they didn't see, or only heard about. They aren't intentionally lying, they think they're accurately filling in the blanks, but they're not. At this point, I'm not sure if the witnesses are deliberately avoiding the truth or if they are in a heightened state of confusion given the tragic outcome.

Interesting update on the Las Vegas Review-Journal website; note some of the points made by commenters. There are a lot of questions raised by this latest story (and the journalism on the LVRJ and other sites leaves a bit to be desired as well.) Also does anyone but me find it odd for the family to start a ******** site before the woman is even dead?

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/l...s-family-s-version-deadly-road-rage- shooting

Thank you for posting this. The comments are very interesting. The whole story smell,IMO

was it verified that the husband was actually in CA when this happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimilino01