GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If mom was practicing a driving lesson w/daughter I wonder if the school had any security cameras on their parking lot. Anything been verified about the son having a criminal background?

I usually mentally try to put myself in the other person's shoes to get a feel for how I might react in a given situation.

This is a hard one for me.
In trying to wrap my mind around this I can't think of a scenario where I would want or encourage my son to go with or without me into a situation where a confrontation could happen. I was always preaching avoiding a fight, argument, danger, etc. So, right there is a stumper for me.

I am also trying to imagine where I would begin to drive in search of a gray car in my neighborhood. I'm in a quiet neighborhood with lots of cul-de-sacs and residential streets. If I saw a gray car, (which is common) how would I know it was "the one". Upon finding this car, what did this pair do? Confront them? Just say "there it is" and drive back home? What was the point in finding it, especially when 911 was not even called. When the gray car followed them back home was this car not noticed and wouldn't someone call the police immediately? Or did it arrive later, in which case they would have (supposedly) already gone inside their home. If not, why wold they be hanging around in the front yard upon arriving back after their search.

So many questions.

In my mind I question the whole driving lesson story. I even wonder if mom was out in a car at all or if she left the house upon hearing something going on in the front yard between the son and someone else and got between them and a bullet.

Has there been a funeral yet? I could not find any report about it. Her husband is posting on his FB about the Constitution and Traditional Marriage and his is mad at Fox News now because he did not like what Shepard Smith had to say about the case. Trying to find out what Shepard said about it.

I was totally gobsmacked when i saw the post regarding marriage and the constitution. This is what you have on your mind right after your wife is shot dead in the front yard? I'm just not getting it.

The one Fox link has a video of a car on home surveillance... is that just for effect or is it the actual surveillance? I agree, not seeing another person corroborating, not even that a car was there unless they have surveillance video and what did neighbors hear?

re the security cam video of the car in the neighbourhood......it seems that there is a 'spotlight' on the driver's side of the vehicle which made me think of a delivery car such as pizza, store delivery etc. Did anyone else think that this could be a case of normal car doing business?

If mom was practicing a driving lesson w/daughter I wonder if the school had any security cameras on their parking lot. Anything been verified about the son having a criminal background?

I usually mentally try to put myself in the other person's shoes to get a feel for how I might react in a given situation.

This is a hard one for me.
In trying to wrap my mind around this I can think of a scenario where I would want or encourage my son to go with or without me into a situation where a confrontation could happen. I was always preaching avoiding a fight, argument, danger, etc. So, right there is a stumper for me.

I am also trying to imagine where I would begin to drive in search of a gray car in my neighborhood. I'm in a quiet neighborhood with lots of cul-de-sacs and residential streets. If I saw a gray car, (which is common) how would I know it was "the one". Upon finding this car, what did this pair do? Confront them? Just say "there it is" and drive back home? What was the point in finding it, especially when 911 was not even called. When followed back home was this car not noticed and wouldn't someone call the police immediately?

So many questions.

In my mind I question the whole driving lesson story. I even wonder if mom was out in a car at all or if she left the house upon hearing something going on in the front yard between the son and someone else and got between them and a bullet.

Interesting thought... could the dispute have been between the son and ( who ever else )? Although it does seem to be quite an elaborate story for the son (and daughter) to have concocted. Unless the son were in the car the whole time... dropped the younger sister off to keep her out of it... then he and Mom went looking for who ever the dispute was with.
But... if it were someone they knew... who are they protecting?

Reportedly...............the daughter honks the horn at this driver--- he gets out, comes back to their car and yells at the mother. His car is in front of theirs---so why didn't they get a plate number? After they arrive home, the mother and son with a gun, go looking for the car, find it, follow it for a while, and then return home. If they were following it, why didn't they get a plate number? Was getting the plate number the intention of the victim and her son when they went looking for the car? I guess not since they didn't do it and it would have been easy to do, considering their position---twice. So what was their intention when they went out with a gun to find the car, once they found it? This reminds me of my dog when he chases the garbage truck. What does he plan on doing with it if he catches it?

with the current addiction of cell phones I couldn't help but wonder if they didn't try to catch the other car on their cell phone cams

It looks like the fund site has been taken down.

View attachment 69624

I created this map of the school where the driving lesson was given, where the daughter said the 'collision' happened, and lastly the court area where the shooting took place. On street view of Google map you can examine all the sites.

That's an interesting map. I wanted to see the streets so I pulled up this Google map: http://tinyurl.com/pka6q7o

It strikes me as very odd that they would even be on South Buffalo if they were really at the school practicing driving.

The more direct route home would be to take Villa Monterey Drive to Cherry River Drive which takes them straight to their own street.

On a school night, wouldn't they want to get home ASAP after this late night driving lesson? They didn't mention going on any errands AFTER the lesson & yet they are taking the long way home?

I don't believe there was any driving lesson. I doubt they were even at the school. I wonder if the school lot has cameras. I hope so.

ETA: I see a lot of other people are wondering if the school had cameras. GMTA

In between all the twists and turns of their story a mother was shot dead in her front yard and a shooter is still walking around somewhere, unless another body turns up.

Whether it was road rage, gang related, acquaintance with a grudge or vendetta, or whatever, I am so hoping the truth of what happened that night comes out. I do not think we have heard it yet.

with the current addiction of cell phones I couldn't help but wonder if they didn't try to catch the other car on their cell phone cams

That's a good point! That should have been easy to do too. Mom drives, son takes the video of the car in front of them with his phone----- since he wasn't doing anything else with his phone--like calling the police.

If somebody shoots at you and you return fire, it might be self-defense; if you go looking for someone and you wind up getting shot, it might be natural selection.

That's a good point! That should have been easy to do too. Mom drives, son takes the video of the car in front of them with his phone----- since he wasn't doing anything else with his phone--like calling the police.

I was thinking initially about the teenaged daughter.....or the mom....depending on who was really driving....

That's an interesting map. I wanted to see the streets so I pulled up this Google map: http://tinyurl.com/pka6q7o

It strikes me as very odd that they would even be on South Buffalo if they were really at the school practicing driving.

The more direct route home would be to take Villa Monterey Drive to Cherry River Drive which takes them straight to their own street.

On a school night, wouldn't they want to get home ASAP after this late night driving lesson? They didn't mention going on any errands AFTER the lesson & yet they are taking the long way home?

I don't believe there was any driving lesson. I doubt they were even at the school. I wonder if the school lot has cameras. I hope so.

Good question regarding surveillance cameras at the school, and back to the beginning, why take the daughter out so late at night to practice driving on a weeknight. Therefore, that, combined with the route they allegedly took home, it appears there may be a whole lot more that hasn't been revealed, which is closer to the truth.

In addition, who, after a hit & run traffic accident, especially when one can get such a vivid description of the perpetrator, yet fails to get the license plate number of the car and call LE instead of hunting them down on their own?

MOO

ITA. I was looking at the Google map earlier and thought the same thing about the route they allegedly took. But, I looked at the map using satellite view. I didn't follow the route on street view, so I thought maybe the shorter route (in distance) actually took longer because there may be more stops in that direction. It did make me wonder if the family came from someplace else, e.g., a restaurant where they were celebrating the one son's birthday. I kind of get a feeling that the whole family (if not dad, at least both sons in addition to mother and daughter) was in the vehicle and someone maybe had too much to drink. IMO, someone is being protected because this was more than a road rage incident.

Why was the older son at home sleeping (as claimed) when everyone else was out late? Did he have to get up early for work the next day? Was he typically in bed at that time?

ITA. I was looking at the Google map earlier and thought the same thing about the route they allegedly took. But, I looked at the map using satellite view. I didn't follow the route on street view, so I thought maybe the shorter route (in distance) actually took longer because there may be more stops in that direction. It did make me wonder if the family came from someplace else, e.g., a restaurant where they were celebrating the one son's birthday. I kind of get a feeling that the whole family (if not dad, at least both sons in addition to mother and daughter) was in the vehicle and someone maybe had too much to drink. IMO, someone is being protected because this was more than a road rage incident.

Why was the older son at home sleeping (as claimed) when everyone else was out late? Did he have to get up early for work the next day? Was he typically in bed at that time?

Which son was having a birthday? Not the one home sleeping, I would assume.

Another thing that struck me as very odd is the claim that they went to a deserted parking lot to practice "parallel parking."

Parallel parking requires at least one other car (to be parked against a curb) and two cars when you are gaining some experience.

So were they with other people at the school - IF they were even at the school?

Their whole story (all the versions!) just sound so contrived & illogical from beginning to end.

Who was driving when (possible there were 2 drivers, 2 diff times or incidents)? Who held title to car?
Was it insured? Liability only, or collision & comprehensive? Uninsured motorist?
Who were covered or named drivers under policy?
Ditto other car & driver (possible there were 2, in 2 diff incidents) and passengers?
Could ^these points^ influence subsequent actions?

IIRC, dau was not old enough to have or did not have learner's permit.
If so, I doubt any damage to their/parent's car would be covered by ins.
Ditto prop damage or personal injury to other car or occupants.

IDK.

Take this with a grain of salt because I'm much better at reading others theories than coming up with valid scenarios of my own, but, could they possibly have left to go find the gray/silver car and come across a similar car that they thought was the one they were after and somehow (for lack of a better term) provoked the driver and/or passengers of this car they thought was the car from earlier and that car followed them home? So there would really be 2 gray/silver cars involved and it be completely unfortunate that they happened to "provoke" some crazy person driving a gray/silver car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good question regarding surveillance cameras at the school, and back to the beginning, why take the daughter out so late at night to practice driving on a weeknight. Therefore, that, combined with the route they allegedly took home, it appears there may be a whole lot more that hasn't been revealed, which is closer to the truth.

In addition, who, after a hit & run traffic accident, especially when one can get such a vivid description of the perpetrator, yet fails to get the license plate number of the car and call LE instead of hunting them down on their own?

MOO
From what is being reported now, there wasn't an accident to begin with. The cars didn't collide. At least from what is being reported now, there was some sort of argument because the car was trying to pass them and daughter honked a horn at it.

Reportedly...............the daughter honks the horn at this driver--- he gets out, comes back to their car and yells at the mother. His car is in front of theirs---so why didn't they get a plate number? After they arrive home, the mother and son with a gun, go looking for the car, find it, follow it for a while, and then return home. If they were following it, why didn't they get a plate number? Was getting the plate number the intention of the victim and her son when they went looking for the car? I guess not since they didn't do it and it would have been easy to do, considering their position---twice. So what was their intention when they went out with a gun to find the car, once they found it? This reminds me of my dog when he chases the garbage truck. What does he plan on doing with it if he catches it?

I am not sure as to what they would even need this license plate for? There was no collision, from what is being said now. I really doubt they went to get the license plate number, because what was they going to do with it? Police wasn't going to care about some argument. Who calls police on arguments they have with someone else, if there is no physical fight?

I am not altogether certain there was even another car. If there was another car, I suspect it had something to do with Brandon.

I am not altogether certain there was even another car. If there was another car, I suspect it had something to do with Brandon.

good point!

it was dark.....I know I can't see who's driving in the car ahead of me at night. What if a car did overtake the mom thinking it was one of the sons who may or may not have regularly driven that car? or that car at that time of night normally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels