GUILTY NY - Allyzibeth Lamont, 22, found deceased, Johnstown, Fulton County, 28 Oct 2019 *Arrests*

rainynights

Reaction score
Police Thursday appeared focused on that area at the corner of Townsend and Comrie, with an area near two shops in the Adirondack Plaza blocked off with yellow police tape.

[...]

A person at the scene who identified themselves as a customer of the Local No. 9 shop and said Lamont worked there. The police tape covered the parking lot area in front of and behind the building, impacting the sandwich shop and liquor store.

9A4EA3B7-76BC-4A25-B2B6-7342C0B52EDD.jpeg

Search for missing Gloversville woman focuses on leads, area where last seen

Found deceased; 2 men charged w/ murder

Two charged with murder after missing woman's body found in Malta
State Police said the body of Allyzibeth Lamont was located in the town of Malta.

State Police charged 34-year-old James Duffy of Johnstown and 51-year-old Georgios Kakavelos of Ballston Spa in connection with Lamont's murder.
Terrible. Too close to home, but just awful for her and her loved ones. I will be waiting to hear more from the NYS police tomorrow.RIP, beautiful young woman.

This is quick work by LE IMO. Another young girl taken much too soon. Do we have any locals here or links to the press conference by chance? I realize I am late. Thanks

Co-workers charged with murder of missing Johnstown woman
Allyzibeth A. Lamont, 22, was found dead Thursday in a swampy marshland in the Saratoga County town of Malta.

James Duffy, 34, of Johnstown, and Georgios N. Kakavelos, 51, of Ballston Spa each face one count of second-degree murder and concealment of a human corpse.

“We found her in a shallow grave,” said Troop G Commander Captain Robert Patnaude.

[...]

The men served as manager and co-owner, although authorities did not specify which man held which position.

103119_DaytimeExit13_EM-01.jpg

State police said the autopsy of Lamont's body Friday afternoon showed multiple blunt force trauma to the head.

[...]

Both suspects were arraigned in Malta Town Court and sent to Saratoga County Jail without bail.

[...]

A preliminary hearing for Duffy and Kakavelos is scheduled for Tuesday in Malta Town Court at 2 p.m.

Two men charged with murdering Gloversville woman

Thanks for the update links. I watched our local news this evening, but there was no additional info to what the links have provided.
I'm a little perplexed how those 2 men were able to simply pull off the side of the Northway off-ramp and proceed to hide her body. There's usually quite a lot of traffic there. Maybe the tip the LE received re: came from a passerby noticing something happening there. I'll keep watching for more info, as I'm able.
Edited to add: LE said the tip indicated she had been murdered, so it sounds like someone who either witnessed or heard the killers talk, rather than a stranger passing by in a car.

****BREAKING NEWS: Saratoga County DA Karen Heggen tells Malta town justice a grand jury voted to indict James A. Duffy, 34 and Georgios Kakavelos, 51. She didn’t specify charge — indictment hasn’t been handed up yet. Men are charged w/murder of Allyzibeth Lamont on Oct. 29-30.
Robert Gavin on Twitter

Kakavelos appeared before Malta Town Justice James Fauci on Tuesday wearing a bulletproof vest. His lawyer, Kevin O’Brien, told reporters his client had received death threats. Duffy did not appear, apparently waiving a preliminary hearing.
Grand jury indicts two charged in Lamont murder

Indictment: Allyzibeth Lamont murdered in Johnstown, not Malta

Allyzibeth Lamont was murdered in Johnstown, not Malta, as authorities alleged when they initially charged the two men accused in her death, according to an indictment handed up against them recently.

The indictment also accuses the pair of concealing, altering or destroying evidence in the case across six separate jurisdictions over three counties. It also provides a time frame for when the men are accused of concealing her body in Malta, Oct. 29-30.

The concealment of a human corpse charge provides the time frame for when authorities believe Duffy and Kakavelos buried Lamont's body off the Northway exit. They allegedly did so on or about Oct. 29 to Oct. 30, the indictment reads.

State police located Lamont's body after they received a tip to the possibility Lamont's body could be in the marshlands near the Exit 13S ramp from Route 9 to Interstate 87. State police said the tip indicated she had been murdered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wmarengel
Back