GUILTY NY - Destini Smothers 26, found inside a car trunk, Queens, 3 Nov 2020 *Arrest*

Just seeing this. Awful.

Way back in the beginning I remember video clips, taken by a poster, of the route where the bf alleged Destini jumped out of the car. It was impossible, high walls, tunnel like, no shoulder. Some of us didn't buy the bf's story. To make matters worse there was the whole jurisdiction issue.

This bf needs to be found, apprehended. Justice needs to be served. So sad for Destini's boys, and loved ones.
RIP Destini

Yikes... :(‬‏‏

If that's the correct bowling alley and she jumped from the vehicle on Grand Central Pkwy in Astoria (West) perhaps the disagreement with the boyfriend was because she wanted to go to Queens, which is to the East.

Astoria to Queens: خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

RSBM

I am late to this case, so this might be a completely useless comment, but Astoria is in Queens. Queens is a borough, and Astoria is a neighborhood within that borough.
I used to live in Maspeth, Queens, a couple neighborhoods away from Astoria where one of my closest friends still resides.

RSBM

I am late to this case, so this might be a completely useless comment, but Astoria is in Queens. Queens is a borough, and Astoria is a neighborhood within that borough.
I used to live in Maspeth, Queens, a couple neighborhoods away from Astoria where one of my closest friends still resides.
Yes, and thank you for pointing that out. I should have said that she wanted to go to a neighborhood on the east side of Queens. MOO

Yes, and thank you for pointing that out. I should have said that she wanted to go to a neighborhood on the east side of Queens. MOO

Just got to the end of this thread, and I see that my comment was rather pointless. Sorry about that.

This is a really strange case. I know that cops are overwhelmed, and the pandemic has obviously not made things easier, either, but I cannot come up with an excuse for not having been on the boyfriend's behind right away when Destini's family reported her missing amid such suspicious circumstances.
They seem to be very tight lipped now, which I am not sure if it's a good or bad thing - it could mean that either they're thisclose to the killer, or they are as far as they can be.
Very odd.

MOO

It begs the question of if there wasn’t a back and forth about which county(?) was supposed to be looking for her would she have been found sooner. IMO long gone speak to his mother some of these men are vehemently protected by their mothers
The cities mentioned in upstate NY were three different counties alone

She lived in Troy, NY which is covered on my local news channel and it breaks my heart that I only found a couple small articles on her (when searching for her by name).
I shared the info with other news channels and was surprised I got a phone call within minutes of my email. Hopefully it will help bring much needed attention to the case - especially if he’s on the run and came back to this area.

She lived in Troy, NY which is covered on my local news channel and it breaks my heart that I only found a couple small articles on her (when searching for her by name).
I shared the info with other news channels and was surprised I got a phone call within minutes of my email. Hopefully it will help bring much needed attention to the case - especially if he’s on the run and came back to this area.
Great job! Thanks for doing that. :)

MAR 18, 2021
Homicide victim found in South Ozone Park | Queenswide | qchron.com
No arrests have been made and the investigation is ongoing.

t2102.gif

wow. He took those plates off so they wouldn’t be picked up by police scanners. The car was found without plates, and while I’ve had my license plates stolen and recovered later by police on another car, I do NOT think it was an opportunist act.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back