NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Former President Donald Trump is dropping a lawsuit he filed against his former fixer and attorney Michael Cohen.

The lawsuit alleged Cohen had breached his fiduciary duty to keep Trump's confidences.

Trump announced he was dismissing the suit in a one-page court filing.

In the new court documents, Trump's lawyers accused Bragg of conducting a "meandering, halting and roving investigation" before filing what they called "discombobulated" and politically motivated charges.

In the new court documents, Trump's lawyers accused Bragg of conducting a "meandering, halting and roving investigation" before filing what they called "discombobulated" and politically motivated charges.

Well, they know from meandering, halting, and discombobulated. LOL

Trump’s attorneys in their dismissal motion accused Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg of selectively prosecuting the former president, calling the case “extraordinary and unprecedented.”

Trump’s attorneys are also arguing prosecutors were too late in bringing the case.

Trump’s attorneys are also attacking prosecutors’ legal theory of the case, saying the 34 falsifying business records counts are legally defective.

Trump’s latest motion also takes aim at news reports detailing aspects of the closed-door grand jury proceedings that culminated in Trump’s indictment, suggesting leaks will ultimately be a reason to dismiss the case.

Trump’s attorneys in their dismissal motion accused Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg of selectively prosecuting the former president, calling the case “extraordinary and unprecedented.”

Trump’s attorneys are also arguing prosecutors were too late in bringing the case.

Trump’s attorneys are also attacking prosecutors’ legal theory of the case, saying the 34 falsifying business records counts are legally defective.

Trump’s latest motion also takes aim at news reports detailing aspects of the closed-door grand jury proceedings that culminated in Trump’s indictment, suggesting leaks will ultimately be a reason to dismiss the case.

Yawn- I just yawn with every motion he files, every lawsuit- it is so predictable- he's been doing htis for 40 years---- As many of us have stated, we are exhausted - I just want him to disappear- go away- we are tired of you Mr. ex-president- just tired-

Yawn- I just yawn with every motion he files, every lawsuit- it is so predictable- he's been doing htis for 40 years---- As many of us have stated, we are exhausted - I just want him to disappear- go away- we are tired of you Mr. ex-president- just tired-
Future history books will portray him as a disgrace and a traitor to his country. This will be his legacy. Future generations will read about what the USA is suffering through now because of his crimes. I want him to go away too, but I want justice as well. The final chapter to this story needs to end in a prison cell. IMO

Future history books will portray him as a disgrace and a traitor to his country. This will be his legacy. Future generations will read about what the USA is suffering through now because of his crimes. I want him to go away too, but I want justice as well. The final chapter to this story needs to end in a prison cell. IMO

Prison is a real possibility considering the mammoth load of charges. Plus, the Feds have an extremely high conviction rate.
1696809843027.png

Trump is going to use the courts to delay, delay, delay and then to appeal any verdict from a jury. We are not dealing with any normal defendant- As we speak he is filing a lawsuit saying he has immunity from the Jan 6 crime, because he was a sitting president. Some lawyers commenting on that lawsuit has opined he has an outside chance to be successful. Yes he is a traitor- he has taken this country to a place unthinkable in the past. But, he has managed to stay out of trouble for all of his crimes so far - I would like to think he will go to prison, but honestly, I don't know if it will actually ever happen.

Last edited:

Donald Trump Hurls Wild Accusation at Forbes Magazine​

"China owned (China Investment Corp, the Country’s Sovereign wealth Fund!), and very badly failing, Forbes 'Magazine,' which lost most of its relevance long ago, and which knows less about me than Stormy Daniels (who doesn’t know me at all!) or Rosie O'Donnell, took me off their Fake Forbes 400 list, just by a 'whisker,' even though they know that I should be high up on that now very dated and discredited 'antique,'" he wrote.

Trump alleged Forbes was working with the "racist and highly incompetent, job-killing Attorney General of New York," before accusing James of allowing "murder and violent crime in the state to hit epidemic levels."

Donald Trump Hurls Wild Accusation at Forbes Magazine​

"China owned (China Investment Corp, the Country’s Sovereign wealth Fund!), and very badly failing, Forbes 'Magazine,' which lost most of its relevance long ago, and which knows less about me than Stormy Daniels (who doesn’t know me at all!) or Rosie O'Donnell, took me off their Fake Forbes 400 list, just by a 'whisker,' even though they know that I should be high up on that now very dated and discredited 'antique,'" he wrote.

Trump alleged Forbes was working with the "racist and highly incompetent, job-killing Attorney General of New York," before accusing James of allowing "murder and violent crime in the state to hit epidemic levels."
Lmao, he is such an absolute child.

I am so sick of headlines which blare out "Trump hurls allegations (or accusations)'" or "Trump lashes out"-- all he does is hurl and lash out, and rant and rave and the media is only too happy to record each one in a headline --- He is a toddler: all he needs is a diaper.

I am so sick of headlines which blare out "Trump hurls allegations (or accusations)'" or "Trump lashes out"-- all he does is hurl and lash out, and rant and rave and the media is only too happy to record each one in a headline --- He is a toddler: all he needs is a diaper.
Maybe not! IMO

For some reason Trump's stuff under this case # IND-71543-23 is no longer being updated... or has the case # changed?

@Seattle1 - might you have a link to Judge Juan Merchan's calendar? All I am finding are articles about him.

edited to add - never mind - he is there!

Case #
Summons #
DefendantAppearance
Date
CourtJudgePart
IND-71543-23/001 TRUMP, DONALD02/15/2024New York Supreme Criminal Court
100 Centre Street
Merchan, Juan M. 59

For some reason Trump's stuff under this case # IND-71543-23 is no longer being updated... or has the case # changed?

@Seattle1 - might you have a link to Judge Juan Merchan's calendar? All I am finding are articles about him.

edited to add - never mind - he is there!

Case #
Summons #
DefendantAppearance
Date
CourtJudgePart
IND-71543-23/001 TRUMP, DONALD02/15/2024New York Supreme Criminal Court
100 Centre Street
Merchan, Juan M. 59
What is this case? Different than the one currently happening? I got lost!

jmo

What is this case? Different than the one currently happening? I got lost!

jmo

*Donald John Trump (76/now 77) was indicted (3/30/23), formally arrested, charged & arraigned (4/4/23) with 34 felony counts of falsifying business records in the 1st degree & conspiracy in connection with hush money payments to two women before the 2016 presidential election. Plead not guilty. Warrant vacated, released on recognizance.

*Donald John Trump (76/now 77) was indicted (3/30/23), formally arrested, charged & arraigned (4/4/23) with 34 felony counts of falsifying business records in the 1st degree & conspiracy in connection with hush money payments to two women before the 2016 presidential election. Plead not guilty. Warrant vacated, released on recognizance.
Aha. That one barely registered with me, but now I recall it. Thank you!

Trump drops bid to move NY hush money case to federal court in sudden twist

At the time of publication, the reason the former president’s counsel moved for a voluntary dismissal of the appeal was unclear.

The decision to do so means Trump will proceed in state court as he defends himself against 34 charges of falsifying business records

Trump’s filing Tuesday came one day before his lawyers were due to submit their argument in writing to the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals as to why Trump’s case should be moved to federal court.

Allen H. Weisselberg, a longtime lieutenant to Donald J. Trump, is negotiating a deal with Manhattan prosecutors that would require him to plead guilty to perjury, people with knowledge of the matter said.
As part of the potential agreement with the Manhattan district attorney’s office, Mr. Weisselberg would have to admit that he lied on the witness stand in Mr. Trump’s recent civil fraud trial, the people said.
Mr. Weisselberg, the former chief financial officer at Mr. Trump’s family business, also would have to say that he lied under oath during in an interview with the New York attorney general’s office, which brought the civil fraud case.
The situation springs from a web of criminal and civil cases brought by the two agencies and would culminate a lengthy pressure campaign by the district attorney, Alvin L. Bragg, whose prosecutors had sought Mr. Weisselberg’s cooperation as they investigated whether Mr. Trump committed electoral and financial crimes. Even without Mr. Weisselberg’s cooperation, they indicted Mr. Trump last year in the election-related case, which is scheduled for trial in late March.
The deal being negotiated would most likely not require Mr. Weisselberg, 76, to turn on his former boss. Although Mr. Weisselberg was involved in the action at the heart of that case — a hush-money payment meant to bury a potential sex scandal just before the 2016 election — prosecutors are not expected to call him as a witness. And the investigation that most required Mr. Weisselberg’s help, the district attorney’s inquiry into Mr. Trump’s finances, may no longer be a priority for prosecutors.
Although the potential agreement is unlikely to immediately affect Mr. Trump, it could strengthen Mr. Bragg’s hand before the former president’s trial. It could deter other witnesses in Mr. Trump’s circle from lying on the stand. And perjury charges could discredit Mr. Weisselberg, who has disputed details of the prosecution’s evidence in the case involving the 2016 election.

Trump D.C. trial drops off court’s March calendar, clearing way for N.Y. case​

https://wapo.st/48XSJbo

Former president Donald Trump’s March 4 trial date on charges of plotting to overturn the results of the 2020 election has been dropped from the public calendar of the federal court in Washington, a sign of what has long been anticipated — that his claim of presidential immunity from criminal prosecution would delay his trial while it remains on appeal.

The change did not appear on the official criminal case docket before U.S. District Judge Tanya S. Chutkan, who has made clear since Trump filed his appeal on Dec. 7 that all trial deadlines would be suspended while he challenges the case.
<snip>
A delay in the D.C. case makes it increasingly likely that the first of Trump’s four criminal trials could be held this spring in Manhattan on New York state charges of business fraud in connection with hush money payments during the 2016 election. That trial has nominally been set for March 25, but the court in that case has signaled deference to Trump’s federal election subversion case. New York Supreme Court Justice Juan Merchan has scheduled a pretrial hearing in two weeks — Feb. 15 — and is expected to decide after that if the trial will go forward as planned.
BBM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member