NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
April 15, 2024, 12:12 p.m. ET30 minutes ago
Trump has apparently jolted back awake, noticing the notes his lawyer passed him several minutes ago.

April 15, 2024, 12:10 p.m. ET32 minutes ago
Trump appears to be sleeping. His head keeps dropping down and his mouth goes slack.

NEW: Manhattan DA’s office asks court to impose a $1k sanction for each of 3 prior posts, order him to take them down, and warn him that further violations will result in jail time. DA notes a 9:12 am post today, potentially made inside the courthouse, also violates the order.

Merchan says during the lunch break, he’ll sign the order to show cause that sets forth a briefing schedule. With that, we break—and we’ll be back at 1:30.

I appreciate those of you posting tweets here, since I refuse to use Twitter/X.

NEW: Manhattan DA’s office asks court to impose a $1k sanction for each of 3 prior posts, order him to take them down, and warn him that further violations will result in jail time. DA notes a 9:12 am post today, potentially made inside the courthouse, also violates the order.

Merchan says during the lunch break, he’ll sign the order to show cause that sets forth a briefing schedule. With that, we break—and we’ll be back at 1:30.
Merchan announced that instead of ruling on punishing Trump over a potential gag order violation today, he will hear arguments on the matter April 21 at 2:15 p.m. ET.

Todd Blanche, Trump's lawyer, said the defense team doesn't have certain exhibits for the trial because they "just got" a raft of documents from the U.S. Attorney's Office a month ago.

Joshua Steinglass, one of the DA's prosecutors, countered that Trump's lawyers have buried the court in thousands of pages of frivolous motions.

"You have 24 hours," Merchan told Trump's defense. "Whatever you don’t identify in the next 24 hours, you will be precluded from using."

What the heck-- the hearing for contempt will occur on April 23? seriously?
Is there a judge in these cases that has any ba-----s? how about a hearing held tomorrow? One of the pundits on MSNBC said that hearing should be held now!!!! why would Trump stop all of his shenanigans when there is simply no punishment- what do ya all think Trump will be doing from this moment on with respect to violating the gag order? more of the same: I have lost all hope that there will be justice in any of these cases--- it is sickening.

What the heck-- the hearing for contempt will occur on April 23? seriously?
Is there a judge in these cases that has any ba-----s? how about a hearing held tomorrow? One of the pundits on MSNBC said that hearing should be held now!!!! why would Trump stop all of his shenanigans when there is simply no punishment- what do ya all think Trump will be doing from this moment on with respect to violating the gag order? more of the same: I have lost all hope that there will be justice in any of these cases--- it is sickening.

Agreed. I've mostly sworn off reading about these anymore because it just make me actually upset.

April 15, 2024, 12:12 p.m. ET30 minutes ago
Trump has apparently jolted back awake, noticing the notes his lawyer passed him several minutes ago.

April 15, 2024, 12:10 p.m. ET32 minutes ago
Trump appears to be sleeping. His head keeps dropping down and his mouth goes slack.

Donald Slump?

It's infuriating to know that if any of us had made those social media postings, our butts would be in a cell with no social media access, end of.
I love when Merrick Garland says no one is above the law? seriously?
Anybody with a brain, even a pea brain, can see Trump is in fact above the law-- it is infuriating, it is nauseating and worst of all, it causes the citizens of this country to lose faith in the justice system: we see how minorities are treated by law enforcement- and we see what wealth can buy in this country--- and beyond even that we are watching as an ex president can threaten judges, judges' families, witnesses and prosecutors, and there are no consequences---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay