NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know, maybe it’s better to let him work his way up to jail time, now that the judge has made rulings on the gag order. I worry if the judge jails him all the nut jobs will go crazy with the guns. They’re really nutty and jumpy in the area where I live.
Something mentioned on CNN is that the judge can jail him after the trial is over. His honor has a few options available, IMO.

It's notable that the judge decided to allow Trump to attend Barron's graduation on May 17, since Trump and his campaign had earlier been claiming that the judge had barred him from doing so.

During the first week of trial, Trump told reporters: "My son is graduating high school, and it looks like the judge will not let me go to the graduation."

His campaign also sent out a text that read: "THEY ARE FORCING ME TO SKIP MY SON’S GRADUATION. I’LL BE IN COURT."

That text was wrong. The judge had not yet made a decision.

These days I really think it will be overturned and sooner than we think. The decision inevitably and predictably created a very corrupt system. According to expert analysis at the time, the decision claiming money is free speech is flawed. There is nothing in the Constitution that comes close to allowing such a broad definition of speech. It has to be reversed because, technically, it can also allow any act to be considered “speech”, even robbing a bank.

There have been some interesting studies about court reform. Some ideas include expanding the number of justices along with term limits to avoid allowing one POTUS to revamp the entire court. Instead the appointments would be staggered along a schedule. I think the terms would need to be long. The danger of any term limits is the danger of checkbook politics where wealthy special interest would purchase new
BBM. I sure hope you are right! I'm appalled at how corrupt politics has become on both sides of the aisle.

JMO

Posters in this thread.
I think people here have been around long enough to know a ‘case’ of this magnitude wasn’t created in four months.

What has been said or alluded to was that it wasn’t filed until after he announced his 2024 run. That is a fact. I linked in a previous post the date of his announcement.

It's notable that the judge decided to allow Trump to attend Barron's graduation on May 17, since Trump and his campaign had earlier been claiming that the judge had barred him from doing so.

During the first week of trial, Trump told reporters: "My son is graduating high school, and it looks like the judge will not let me go to the graduation."

His campaign also sent out a text that read: "THEY ARE FORCING ME TO SKIP MY SON’S GRADUATION. I’LL BE IN COURT."

That text was wrong. The judge had not yet made a decision.

You know he's double pissed now because he had no intention of attending. And now those grads will have the focus taken off them and onto him which is unfortunate.

I shall use this article as my references in my notes.

Remember - no court on Wednesdays....

They still have a gag order hearing on Wednesday, don't they?

I do not believe so - plus it was changed to 5/2 - but - since the Judge ruled on his contempt on the gag order - no - no hearing needed! :)

Judge Merchan ordered Trump to remove the posts from Truth Social that violated the gag order by 2:15 p.m. ET.

The posts that Merchan ordered Trump to take down are now gone​

Isabelle Schmeler and Kyla Guilfoil
As of 1:24 p.m. ET, all of the Truth Social and campaign website posts that Judge Merchan ordered Trump to remove by 2:15 p.m. ET today have been taken down.
Merchan ruled this morning that the posts had violated Trump's gag order and fined the former president $9,000 — $1,000 for each offending post. The judge also threatened Trump with possible jail time if he continues to violate the order.

You know he's double pissed now because he had no intention of attending. And now those grads will have the focus taken off them and onto him which is unfortunate.
Claim:

Former President Donald Trump has not attended any of his children's high school or college graduation ceremonies, as of April 2024.

Rating:

False (About this rating?)

Context:

Trump has been present at each of his children's high school and college graduations, according to contemporaneous reports and the recollections of other attendees.

I think people here have been around long enough to know a ‘case’ of this magnitude wasn’t created in four months.

What has been said or alluded to was that it wasn’t filed until after he announced his 2024 run. That is a fact. I linked in a previous post the date of his announcement.
Correct. The previous DA Cyrus Vance did not file charges.

Jan. 1, 2022
Bragg takes office as Manhattan's new district attorney. Before leaving office, Vance does not bring charges against Trump.

DA Bragg filed the charges in April 2023.

President Trump announced that he was running again in the 2024 election in November 2022.

https://www.npr.org/2022/11/15/1137052704/trump-2024-president-campaign

The posts that Merchan ordered Trump to take down are now gone​

Isabelle Schmeler and Kyla Guilfoil
As of 1:24 p.m. ET, all of the Truth Social and campaign website posts that Judge Merchan ordered Trump to remove by 2:15 p.m. ET today have been taken down.
Merchan ruled this morning that the posts had violated Trump's gag order and fined the former president $9,000 — $1,000 for each offending post. The judge also threatened Trump with possible jail time if he continues to violate the order.
Good going judge --- threatened with jail time- love it--- hopefully that will finally put an end to the gag violations-- if not-----I hope the judge follows thru with his threat of jail time!

Correct. The previous DA Cyrus Vance did not file charges.

DA Bragg filed the charges in April 2023.

President Trump announced that he was running again in the 2024 election in November 2022.

https://www.npr.org/2022/11/15/1137052704/trump-2024-president-campaign
Thanks for all the helpful links, timeline and context. Much appreciated!

6m ago

Cohen said 'I'll just do it myself' after delay over Stormy Daniels payment, testifies Davidson​

Victoria Bekiempis

Keith Davidson said that although the Stormy Daniels deal had been finalized by early October, they were waiting for Michael Cohen to send over the money.

On 17 October, 2017, Davidson told Cohen in an email:

We spoke on Friday October 14 and you said that funds would be wired today. No funds have been received as of sending this email. My client informs me that she intends to cancel the contract if no funds are received by 5pm pacific time today.
Cohen came up with excuse after excuse. Davidson recalled Cohen complaining:

He stated that the computer systems were quote ‘all up’ …. The Secret Service is in here, they’ve got so many *advertiser censored* firewalls.
Cohen said at some point, “my guy’s in five states today … there’s nothing I can do, I’m doing everything I can.” It wasn’t enough and eventually, Cohen said:

God damn it, I’ll just do it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member