GUILTY NY - Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein confidante, arrested on Sex Abuse charges, Jul 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghislaine Maxwell's lawyers fought to ask jurors detailed questions about sexual abuse | Daily Mail Online

The final wording read, 'Have you or a friend or family member ever been the victim of sexual harassment, sexual abuse, or sexual assault? (This includes actual or attempted sexual assault or other unwanted sexual advances, including by a stranger, acquaintance, supervisor, teacher, or family member).'

There were three boxes by way of answer: Yes (self), Yes (friend or family member) and No.

This is the question that juror Scotty David admitted to DailyMail.com that he cannot remember being asked.
The question is very broad, isn't it? <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
arolyn was full of questions: ‘I asked her if she’d been to the Palace. And she said, “I got to sleep with him”. I said, “What? You’re *advertiser censored***** with me”, and she said “no, I got to sleep with him”. She didn’t seem upset about it. She thought it was pretty cool.’ oh Lord

Omg :eek:

Carolyn was full of questions: ‘I asked her if she’d been to the Palace. And she said, “I got to sleep with him”. I said, “What? You’re *advertiser censored***** with me”, and she said “no, I got to sleep with him”. She didn’t seem upset about it. She thought it was pretty cool.’ oh Lord

Carolyn's testimony was considered to be truthful and complete during the trial, so presumably this additional statement is also truthful and complete.

arolyn was full of questions: ‘I asked her if she’d been to the Palace. And she said, “I got to sleep with him”. I said, “What? You’re *advertiser censored***** with me”, and she said “no, I got to sleep with him”. She didn’t seem upset about it. She thought it was pretty cool.’ oh Lord

‘She said they had dinner and they had sex. She didn’t say anything about what they ate or where they were – that’s not what we were talking about. It was just that she couldn’t believe she got to sleep with Prince Andrew.

‘I kept saying, “are you serious?” And she said “yeah”. I asked if she got paid to do it and she never gave me an answer.’

Carolyn holds Virginia responsible for delivering her into Epstein and Maxwell’s clutches in the first place. Giuffre has admitted that she actively recruited young girls for Epstein, something she says she bitterly regrets.

Curiously, however, when it comes to what allegedly happened between Virginia and Prince Andrew, she has little sympathy for her former friend. ‘I don’t think she [Virginia] deserves any compensation. I don’t think she was coerced into doing anything.

Although she believed her friend’s account at the time, Carolyn adds: ‘I don’t think Virginia deserves anything less than what Maxwell is getting because she trafficked me into a world of spiralling downward slopes and it has taken my husband John 12 long years to get me to love myself again.’

She remembers Virginia as ‘bubbly and friendly’. ‘She had a way of making me feel comfortable and I trusted her. We became friends and right away I thought she would have my best interests, no matter what, at heart. She knew how old I was, and she knew I came from a broken home.

‘She just said whatever you do, don’t say your age. And I didn’t even ask why. I went along with it.’

Bolded By Me

Down here in Oz I don't recall any jurors ever giving interviews - maybe it's illegal, or maybe it's my memory.

NSW, Australia

Criminal conduct by a juror during and after the trial

1. …

2. It is a criminal offence for a juror to disclose to persons other than fellow jury members any information about the jury’s deliberations or how a juror or the jury formed any opinion or conclusion in relation to an issue arising in the trial, including any statements made, opinions expressed, arguments advanced or votes cast during the course of the jury’s deliberations. The offence is punishable by a fine.

3. It as a criminal offence for a juror or former juror, for a reward, to disclose or offer to disclose to any person information about the jury’s deliberations or how a juror or the jury formed any opinion or conclusion in relation to an issue arising in the trial, including any statements made, opinions expressed, arguments advanced or votes cast during the course of the jury’s deliberations. The offence is punishable by a fine.

Jury

I believe this applies to the whole of Oz.

Edited to change link

Oh I don’t doubt he will. I’m so irritated by this it’s unbelievable. Those witnesses opening their souls, speaking about things they’d buried deeply for many years no doubt to have this trash goblin make a mockery of it all. I’m astounded!

And perhaps this Juror did too; we still don't have confirmation as to whether he answered "yes" or "no" to the sexual abuse questions on the questionnaire do we?

Are there even criminal charges against Andrew? All I know about is the civil suit by Giuffre and that one could be dismissed because of her settlement agreement with Epstein.

Prince Andrew accuser Virginia Roberts Giuffre's 2009 settlement with Jeffrey Epstein released - CNN
No criminal charges; only civil lawsuit proceedings.

Interesting that VG was not called to testify at GM's trial and it was published during the proceedings that she was not due to other victims also labelling her as their recruiter/trafficker. The defence attorney's would have ripped her to shreds on cross.

Unsure how civil proceedings work in the US, but I'm pretty certain this will be a matter brought up there as well as it goes to her credibility. No one else has accused PA of anything sexually abusive although some victims named same individuals. Only VG has named PA. I hope she has more than just a photo to back up her claims because there's thousands of people out there with PA photo op pics (ie: me (aged 16) and he [with a couple others] at a dinner way back in 1985). I'll watch this with interest.

No criminal charges; only civil lawsuit proceedings.

Interesting that VG was not called to testify at GM's trial and it was published during the proceedings that she was not due to other victims also labelling her as their recruiter/trafficker. The defence attorney's would have ripped her to shreds on cross.

Unsure how civil proceedings work in the US, but I'm pretty certain this will be a matter brought up there as well as it goes to her credibility. No one else has accused PA of anything sexually abusive although some victims named same individuals. Only VG has named PA. I hope she has more than just a photo to back up her claims because there's thousands of people out there with PA photo op pics (ie: me (aged 16) and he [with a couple others] at a dinner way back in 1985). I'll watch this with interest.

Here’s the PA thread, just in case you don’t know about it.

UK - Prince Andrew accused of underage sexual relationship, 1999 - 2002

Your link sent me down a rabbit hole! Check out this promo vid for Balliol College, part of Oxford Uni, where daddy Maxwell bought a place for GM b/c she wasn't an academic and couldn't get in on her own merit. B/c of her stolen privilege, she took the spot of an actual deserving student. I wonder if the Registrar's office kept admission records and we could go back and find out who that bumped student was. From Dotta's DM article:

...But Ghislaine’s education, both intellectual and social, had to be completed. And that meant going to Oxford University.

Therein lay a problem. For all her charisma and daredevil energy, Ghislaine was not academic. ‘She was never considered one of the brainy ones at school,’ a Marlborough contemporary confirms.

How, then, did she get into Balliol, one of the most prestigious Oxford colleges? There is one explanation. In 1965, Ghislaine’s father – then MP for Buckingham – instituted the Robert Maxwell Fellowship in Politics. It would be endowed upon Balliol.

Balliol is the former college of several prime ministers, including Boris Johnson. And Kevin, Ian and Ghislaine Maxwell.

It is even said she failed her first entrance exam but was allowed a second go. The power of money?

Last edited:
Your link sent me down a rabbit hole! Check out this promo vid for Balliol College, part of Oxford Uni, where daddy Maxwell bought a place for GM b/c she wasn't an academic and couldn't get in on her own merit. B/c of her stolen privilege, she took the spot of an actual deserving student. I wonder if the Registrar's office kept admission records and we could go back and find out who that bumped student was. From Dotta's DM article:

...But Ghislaine’s education, both intellectual and social, had to be completed. And that meant going to Oxford University.

Therein lay a problem. For all her charisma and daredevil energy, Ghislaine was not academic. ‘She was never considered one of the brainy ones at school,’ a Marlborough contemporary confirms.

How, then, did she get into Balliol, one of the most prestigious Oxford colleges? There is one explanation. In 1965, Ghislaine’s father – then MP for Buckingham – instituted the Robert Maxwell Fellowship in Politics. It would be endowed upon Balliol.

Balliol is the former college of several prime ministers, including Boris Johnson. And Kevin, Ian and Ghislaine Maxwell.

It is even said she failed her first entrance exam but was allowed a second go. The power of money?
But class and decency cant be bought :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member