Found Safe NY - Iona, 51, & Emily Costello, 14, Greenport, 30 March 2015

Part of the article states this

"Police found their car in a parking garage on 42nd Street Wednesday night, and they appeared happy in surveillance video, Malcolmson said.
“They were giggling and laughing when they got out of the car,” she said. “They have suitcases, so they weren’t just going to a show in the city, which is what I had thought they were going to do. They have obviously gone somewhere.”"

So they made it there and then vanished. Surely other cameras would see which way they went or at the least their phones/computers would have possible booking info for hotels etc.

What a strange disappearance.

From her FB she clearly adored her husband and missed him greatly. I wonder if there's anywhere special she went with him that could be reached without needing a passport? And/or a date that important to them within the timeframe they've been missing? Trying to take a positive view, maybe she decided to take Emily to spend time somewhere meaningful, where she might feel close to her dad?

Also could they have gone a Amtrak?

Well, that's what I mentioned earlier. If they parked in Times Square in the 40s, they would have access to buses anywhere, but then again it fits their story of museums and the theater. If they wanted the trains, they most likely would have parked around Penn Stations in the 30s.

Ok so they got there on the 30th. It must have been dinner time, right? Did they go to dinner? Did they check in to The Hilton and freshen up before seeing the play?

Like other posters said-paper trail would be credit cards and surveillance cameras.

I feel a knot in my stomach.

It just seems odd to me why Iona picked Emily up on the 30th when school wasn't officially on recess until the 31st, technically, she missed a day of school. If you're going into the City and live nearby, what's the rush to get into the City on the 30th when you have almost 2 weeks the day after to vacation?

So where are their suitcases? Surely if they where staying in a hotel and didn't come back. Wouldn't the hotel clean the room and do something with their belongings?

It just seems odd to me why Iona picked Emily up on the 30th when school wasn't officially on recess until the 31st, technically, she missed a day of school. If you're going into the City and live nearby, what's the rush to get into the City on the 30th when you have almost 2 weeks the day after to vacation?

Maybe it was the last night for a show or something they wanted to go to?

The Southold Police Department was not immediately available for comment. The NYPD is not handling the case and declined comment.

article-greenport-4-0417.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/long-island-mom-daughter-missing-new-york-cops-article-1.2189785

Stress as in regular daily life? School? Work?
Or stress as in problems? With family? Employees?
Just thinking out loud.

Figure her husband and Emily's father died suddenly of a heart attack a few days after Christmas 2012. On top of that, SuperStorm Sandy came through at the end of October 2012, don't know if that affected her or her husband's business with his brother ...

Figure her husband and Emily's father died suddenly of a heart attack a few days after Christmas 2012. On top of that, SuperStorm Sandy came through at the end of October 2012, don't know if that affected her or her husband's business...

Exactly. Or...was there something going on that would push them to take off? Idk.

Well, that's what I mentioned earlier. If they parked in Times Square in the 40s, they would have access to buses anywhere, but then again it fits their story of museums and the theater. If they wanted the trains, they most likely would have parked around Penn Stations in the 30s.

Sorry Jersey Girl, when you said trains I wasn't thinking clearly-Of Amtrak!!
In fact, I wasn't thinking clearly at all yesterday. I listened to the scanner on the wrong day to.

Yes, the "stress" angle in the Post piece is rather sketchy.

Surely they saw them walking then on camera?

What direction? That would be a clue, right?

What troubles me is why there cell phones were off.

Usually people that go into the City for a few days they would go to the same Hotel.

Family should search for her bank record receipts at her home. Should be some clue that she got in the mail.

Seeing -maybe stress related-is troubling.

They had to have spent the night somewhere during the trip. Did they ever check out of their hotel?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back