GUILTY NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, jogger found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #5 *First trial MISTRIAL*

The go fund me page was shut down. He does not need a go fund me acct. He has a team of Legal Aid Lawyers.
I dont know if the killer was on SSI or not. Checks stop if you are in jail for 30 days or more. Perhaps the family wants to supplement their income. :denied:

Or perhaps they don't want the faith of their son in the hands of legal aid? Paid attorneys are always better.

I smell a railroad. The DNA is garbage and Mr. Lewis is innocent.

Wow. Amazing he thinks that’s ok and can move on with his life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Incredible!!!!

I feel terribly sad for the victim’s family.

Or perhaps they don't want the faith of their son in the hands of legal aid? Paid attorneys are always better.

I smell a railroad. The DNA is garbage and Mr. Lewis is innocent.
Who would be doing the "railroading"? Who are "They"?
According to the terms and conditions of Go-Fund-Me, The service can not be used to raise money for legal defense for an alleged crime, period.

The following are examples of the kind of content and/or use that is illegal or prohibited by . However, this list is not exhaustive and reserves the right to investigate anyone by engaging public and private organizations, including, but not limited to collection agents, private investigators, and local, state, federal and applicable international agencies, and take appropriate action against anyone who, in 's sole discretion, violates any of the terms or spirit of these Terms of Service (or the principles described in our preamble hereto), including, without limitation, removing the offending content, suspending or terminating the account of such violators, stopping payments to any such Campaign, freezing or placing a hold on donated funds when reasonably believes it to be required by applicable law, and reporting you to law enforcement authorities or otherwise taking appropriate legal action including seeking restitution on behalf of itself and/or its users. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree to not use the Services to:

Rule 7
  1. campaigns deemed by , in its sole discretion, to be in support of, or for the legal defense of alleged crimes associated with hate, violence, harassment, bullying, discrimination, terrorism or intolerance of any kind relating to race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, sex, gender or gender identity, or serious disabilities or diseases;
https://uk..com/terms

If the both the DNA matched, and Lewis admitted killing her, then explain how he could possibly be innocent.

Who would be doing the "railroading"? Who are "They"?
According to the terms and conditions of Go-Fund-Me, The service can not be used to raise money for legal defense for an alleged crime, period.

The following are examples of the kind of content and/or use that is illegal or prohibited by . However, this list is not exhaustive and reserves the right to investigate anyone by engaging public and private organizations, including, but not limited to collection agents, private investigators, and local, state, federal and applicable international agencies, and take appropriate action against anyone who, in 's sole discretion, violates any of the terms or spirit of these Terms of Service (or the principles described in our preamble hereto), including, without limitation, removing the offending content, suspending or terminating the account of such violators, stopping payments to any such Campaign, freezing or placing a hold on donated funds when reasonably believes it to be required by applicable law, and reporting you to law enforcement authorities or otherwise taking appropriate legal action including seeking restitution on behalf of itself and/or its users. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree to not use the Services to:

Rule 7
  1. campaigns deemed by , in its sole discretion, to be in support of, or for the legal defense of alleged crimes associated with hate, violence, harassment, bullying, discrimination, terrorism or intolerance of any kind relating to race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, sex, gender or gender identity, or serious disabilities or diseases;
https://uk..com/terms

If the both the DNA matched, and Lewis admitted killing her, then explain how he could possibly be innocent.
Some folks could care less if someone is guilty or not.
There are those who would like to see killers walk.
They just dont have the ballz to admit it.
Instead they play the " im an idiot" card.

“Railroad”? He admitted it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today is the two year anniversary of Karina Vetrano's death. It was the case that originally brought me to Websleuths. As a runner myself, I was haunted by this case and I take some small measure of comfort in the fact that the perpetrator was caught. May the brightness of her soul continue to shine a light in the lives of all those who knew and loved her. RIP.

Karina Vetrano's memory lives on with secret garden...
Karina Vetrano's memory lives on with secret garden

Second Anniversary of Karina Vetrano's Death
Second Anniversary Of Karina Vetrano's Death In Queens

Phil Vetrano posted an update on the Go Fund Me page today. Click here to support Karina Vetrano Memorial Reward Fund organized by Phil Vetrano
For those who may be unable to see it online, his update reads: "On October 29 the trial starts for the murderer rapist animal. I’m asking anyone who can, please attend. We need to have goodness conquer evil . We need to flood the courtroom with righteousness. To represent my baby against the vermin on the other side. Court starts 10 am, get there early to get a seat. C u there."

If I still lived in New York City, I'd go. I hope some local Websleuthers will be able to make it.

Although Lewis claimed he strangled her on the path, and never attempted to sexually assault her, Something doesn't add up.
He claimed he knocked her out, and then strangled her while on the dirt path. Then she drown in the puddle of water which was also on the path. Then he dragged her into the weeds/grass.
If this is true, then why did she have clumps of grass clutched in her hands? To me, she must have still been alive and resisting when he dragged her into the grass.

Completely agree Rocky1. The grass shows she was fighting to not be dragged into those weeds. I also don't believe he didn't try to sexually assault her. Also, if he knocked her out and strangled her why would he say she drowned? Even if she did end up drowning some way how would he know that? Story doesn't line up.

The autopsy would have determined if she was dead or not when she went in the water. If she wasn't, she would have had water in her lungs.
I can't say for certain, but, it could be he said that she drown because he thought he would not be guilty of murdering her because she drown, and it wasn't the strangulation that killed her. Remember, this guy thought the cops were going to let him go home if he paid restitution. I don't think he understood that she died during the commission of a felony.( Attempted sexual assault NY penal code 130.05) That makes it felony murder/first degree murder. It wouldn't matter if she stumbled and hit her head and died as a result, or had a heart attack... same charge.
Hopefully these questions will be answered at trial.

Phil Vetrano posted an update on the Go Fund Me page today. Click here to support Karina Vetrano Memorial Reward Fund organized by Phil Vetrano
For those who may be unable to see it online, his update reads: "On October 29 the trial starts for the murderer rapist animal. I’m asking anyone who can, please attend. We need to have goodness conquer evil . We need to flood the courtroom with righteousness. To represent my baby against the vermin on the other side. Court starts 10 am, get there early to get a seat. C u there."

If I still lived in New York City, I'd go. I hope some local Websleuthers will be able to make it.
Monday is the 29th.
I noticed in the post above, it's stated the "trial" starts on the 29th.
According to the NY Post article below, "Jury selection" starts on the 29th.
For anyone planning on attending the "trial," I'd double check first to see which will be taking place before heading to the courthouse.
https://nypost.com/2018/09/20/judge-oks-dna-evidence-in-queens-jogger-murder-trial/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back