NY-LI-4 bodies on Beach-Possible SK-12/10-All id'd,4 more found 3/11 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
problems, problems anywho the womans name who is talking is Coletti, yes as in GC.

I wonder if they're looking into whether these crimes could be related to the spate of murders in New Bedford MA between July 3, 1988, and April 24, 1989 (usually called the New Bedford Highway Killings).

the victims, with pointers: https://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/2008/04/14/new-bedford-highway-killings-serial-killer/

http://articles.latimes.com/1989-04...-killer-victims-first-body-investigators-fear

The main suspect died last year, but the evidence connecting him to the crimes was no better than the evidence connecting JB and the driver to SG's disappearance:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...n_once_suspected_as_serial_killer_found_dead/

"I really do believe she's alive," Joseph Brewer told the Daily News Friday. "What did she do? Just drop dead walking down the road?"

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local...n_gilbert_confident_shes_s.html#ixzz1J2KN4IA0

Well, you know... if there was a serial killer with eight bodies hidden just around the corner from my house, I probably would not conclude that if a girl fitting the profile of other victims went missing the only way she could be deceased was to drop dead walking down the road.

Police: Second Man Was Partying With Missing New York Prostitute

NEW YORK-- Police say a second man had been partying with missing Craigslist sex worker Shannon Gilbert the night she disappeared from a Long Island, N.Y., beach community where a serial killer is suspected to have buried his victims, the New York Post reports.

Police are not yet releasing the name of the 48-year-old man who was staying at the Oak Beach, N.Y., summer home owned by businessman Joseph Brewer, the man who hired Gilbert in May 2010 and who was also with her that night.

Well well, why am I not surprised. Wonder if the man is Asian?

Thanks for that link Mahmoo

wm

I just drove by there and it is very eerie! Big orange arrows on the road where some of the bodies have been found. And you can see where some of the other bodies were found almost right on the edge of the brush.

It blows my mind that they didn't find that one body next to the first 4 during the initial search in December. It was right there next to the others!! Either someone messed up big time or the body was dumped there after the fact.

One thing that I noticed is that I did not see one LE vehicle the whole time I was down there. Not One!!! Just goes to show you that his place is the perfect location to get away with something. Even with a major investigation going on, not one LE vehicle for miles. Very strange.

I still think that they started looking in the Gilgo area based on another tip, not the disappearance of SG. There would have been so much area to cover before you got to that spot.

If SG came out of JB's house and went to GC's house, then she ran to her left after leaving JB's. Here is a map - they literally lived right next door to each other. I am not sure where GC would have witnessed her hiding behind a boat.

8 The Fairway, Gilgo-Oak Beach-Captree, NY 11702 to 10 The Fairway, Gilgo-Oak Beach-Captree, NY 11702 - Google Maps

reannan, do you have a link to where it was said sg was hiding behind a boat? i've heard nothing about that.
only gc saying that she ran down into the weeds (likely a path down into the weeds)

Missing pieces to a Puzzle

I wonder if this is typical releasing parts of a story bit by bit. I know it is for the NY Post but a Homicide investigation I don't have a clue.

If Atlantic City is connected, one potentially important clue is that victim Kim Raffo was last seen getting into a black Nissan Maxima with out of state plates. The bodies, hers included, were found the next day.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/05/nyregion/05slay.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

That indicates a more affluent perpetrator. Which would fit with some of what's coming out (more sophisticated techniques, and I believe Melissa Barthelemy deposited $900 in her account right before she disappeared, while AJ victim Molly Dilts had been bought a nice black dress)...

This second guy partying with JB is described as a "drifter" by NY Post but I'd be interested to know if that's the more shiftless, party boy type drifter rather than true no assets transient. If he's hanging with JB in that house hard to imagine he's the latter.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/nd_man_partied_with_missing_li_hooker_LqvHfXICfjJH6uNATrrKmK

Thank you for the report goathairjones. I am so grateful we have folks local to the area posting here. Did you happen to notice if there are any traffic cams? Thanks,

wm

It looks like the calls to the Girls Sister were made by the Killer, that's interesting. I wonder if the story is a plant? LE will do this if they think it might do something. they tend to be true though.

it wouldn't be the first time le used this tactic of a "plant" or "red herring" to throw off the real killer. likely wouldn't be the last either.

imo, at this point i think it was a pimp who was mad since he was losing money after melissa disappeared. he likely thought she left and went back to her family. we've only heard about calls to melissa's family, no one elses.

also the calls were around when she disappeared and if it was the pimp he would have no way of knowing she was dead.

as for it being her cell, did she carry 2 cellphones? and which cell was it made from? le isn't telling us 95% of this case...

I dont get this part. Are they referring to JB or the mysterious drifter being in GA?

His mom told The Post yesterday that her son had contacted her after Gilbert's disappearance. She said she believes he is now somewhere in Georgia.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/...i_hooker_LqvHfXICfjJH6uNATrrKmK#ixzz1J2THegFO

wm

WM, I'm pretty sure they're referring to the mysterious "drifter" in that line. As we saw from the article posted earlier today, JB is still around giving interviews to NY papers.

This is all so insane. How can it be that no one has mentioned this 2nd man until today? Did he leave before the cops got there that night in May? Was JB covering for this guy? Why? Did someone finally come forward and start to tell the truth about that night? Was anyone else there? I'm confused, as usual...

wm, No I didn't notice any traffic cams at all. And I looked for them too. They could be out there if they are hidden well. But there were none in plain sight on top of the light poles or anything like that.

reannan, do you have a link to where it was said sg was hiding behind a boat? i've heard nothing about that.
only gc saying that she ran down into the weeds (likely a path down into the weeds)

The neighbour said it (GS) - I'll take a look for it.

I wonder if there are any missing women in Georgia? This case is beyond bizarre! :banghead:

it wouldn't be the first time le used this tactic of a "plant" or "red herring" to throw off the real killer. likely wouldn't be the last either.

imo, at this point i think it was a pimp who was mad since he was losing money after melissa disappeared. he likely thought she left and went back to her family. we've only heard about calls to melissa's family, no one elses.

also the calls were around when she disappeared and if it was the pimp he would have no way of knowing she was dead.

as for it being her cell, did she carry 2 cellphones? and which cell was it made from? le isn't telling us 95% of this case...

There are a lot of articles that talk about these calls, including one recently in the NY Times saying that the caller's choice of locations (busy e.g. Penn Station) might indicate LE knowledge/connection, and others in which Melissa's family talk about them. I'm sure it's true.

Whoever killed her would have her personal possessions, including her cellphone. My understanding is that the calls were made from her own phone, after she disappeared - which implies the kiler kept the phone after killing her and used it to taunt the family (obviously the sister would answer when Mellissa's name came up on her phone.)

It's very creepy and an evil thing to do really.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with her pimp. She's one of the victims of the SK after all.

Ok I am listening to the Radio show with SG Sister, I had Windows Media Player disabled that's why it would not FF. It is most definitely worth checking out. What the Sister is saying holds the key to this Mystery!

At the end of the Interview the Host says "next week were going to have Megan Watermans{sp} mother on" does anyone know if that took place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaneJane