NY NY-Manhattan, AsianMale, 70-80, UP120554, Found unresponsive at nursing home, Tentative name of Joshi Vijendra, Oct '23

phantomstrider

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Date Body Found October 26, 2023
Location Found Manhattan, New York
Estimated Age Range 70-80 years
Biological Sex Male
Race/Ethnicity Asian
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 80
Estimated Age Range (Years) 70-80
Height Cannot Estimate
Weight Cannot Estimate
Location Manhattan, New York 10016
County New York County
Found On Tribal Land No
Circumstances of Recovery Became unresponsive at nursing home. Tentative name of Joshi Vijendra, but this name has not been verified and family has not been notified.
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
Hair Color Unknown
Left Eye Color Unknown
Right Eye Color Unknown

This is a VERY odd NamUS listing… at least to me, and admittedly I have limited experience with unidentified persons listings/cases. These two bits stick out to me though:
Tentative name of Joshi Vijendra, but this name has not been verified and family has not been notified.
“Tentative name”? I guess this could be what a nursing home told authorities but they (LE?) don't yet have official paperwork or documents to confirm this is who the nursing home says he is? And I suppose that could also be the reasoning behind family not yet being notified, if they aren’t sure they have the correct name, it’s difficult to find the correct family. The way it’s worded is just a little strange to me, like they’re submitting the NamUS listing before notifying family.

Also-
Became unresponsive at nursing home. …Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
I suppose the first sentence is, again, what was reported to authorities, but by the time he was “found” or noted to be an unidentified person, the remains were skeletal?

ETA- also curious about the length of time between date found and date NamUS listing created. Any insight from more experience UID WSers into the distance between these two dates?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kristirobots
Back