Identified! NY - Manhattan, 'Midtown Jane Doe', WhtFem 16-21, 337UFNY, under concrete, ring w/ 'P McG', Feb'03 Patricia McGlone

So, 1964-1973. Where the heck was she being kept before being buried in the concrete? Which I’m assuming, based on the description, was closer to the discovery date. Several decades later.
I'm thinking 1968 to 1974 . Based on the clothing label, date on the coin, and watch manufacturers date of 1966.. searching missing persons from around that time give or take 2 years.
The decay and condition of that rug also taken into account. The placing of the body there is that it was DISCOVERED in 2003. Watch that video , that body has been there a LONG LONG time.

Last edited:
I'm thinking 1968 to 1974 . Based on the clothing label, date on the coin, and watch manufacturers date of 1966.. searching missing persons from around that time give or take 2 years.
The decay and condition of that rug also taken into account. The placing of the body there is that it was DISCOVERED in 2003. Watch that video , that body has been there a LONG LONG time.
Not sure how long it was there. The Doe Network, the description there says following.

"The victim's skeletal remains had been wrapped in a rug and concealed under a layer of relatively fresh concrete, which itself was hidden behind an old coal-burning furnace in the basement of a rundown, mostly abandoned apartment building on West 46th Street in Hell's Kitchen on Manhattan's West Side."

I do note they say wrapped, and not rolled. They describe the concrete as "relatively fresh" I ....admit to knowing very little about this, how do you even tell? is it different color from the rest? Is it less cracked ? Less mold? Softer?
Personally I am putting the time-frame somewhere around 1968/1969 (coin is reported as two differnet years by different sources) towards, late 70's. Because I just, don't think people would keep and fit in an item of clothing for that long a time.

The image of the tag on doe network indicates it is a jacket/coat tag? I think @taramarie posted an image earlier. I can not seem to find any other images reflecting this outside what was in that clip, and this here from doenetwork.

1662496203233.png

Found a site that talks about Registered Identification Numbers (possibly Taramarie posted this as well and I was too sleepy to notice) Stamp of approval | Vintage Clothing | The Collector's Companion | Your guide to antiques, vintage & collectables shops, fairs & auctions
"

Registered Identification Numbers​

In the US manufacturers can apply for an identification number for their garments. I believe it is an alternative to using a manufacturer’s label.

WPL numbers were issued between 1941 and 1959 under the Wool Products Labeling Act. The number will be WPL followed by 5 digits. The numbers issued were 00101 to 13669.

RN numbers will be RN followed by 5 or 6 digits.

RN numbers were issued from 1952 and 1959 by the Fur Products Labeling Act. The numbers 00101-04086 were issued during this period.

Following the adoption of the Wool Act,Fur Act and the Textile Fiber Produacts Identification Act In 1959 the numbering stopped and restarted again at 13670.

At the time of writing (July 2021) the numbering appears to have reached 165260 judging by a quick search on the RN Database (TextileRN - Basic Search)

To help you with rough dating, it is considered that an average of 2635 numbers were issued per year. Like other systems, this will tell you the earliest possible date, but not the latest as once issued they could be kept and used for a long period of time."

Last edited:
I wonder also about that clothing label. That was a label for suits and jackets. Did they find any zippers, buttons, to substantiate there actually was a jacket? Or was if it was just the label found. They know the size of the bra being a 32A , so THERE'S a label for that. Is that bra label info or images online so we can check the date coded of manufacture of the bra? The pantyhose, who is the maker and what year were they manufactured. Bras and pantyhose AREN'T something that a prostitute will wear on 8th Avenue in its heyday. Go look it up on YouTube. I think if they sent the pantyhose to a textile lab, and the bra as well, they could better analyze the bra pattern and style to a specific maker, place of distribtion and date of manufacture. The label that gave the size would also be able to be dated.
A 32A bra is a training bra size. Are they certain this age is correct? I think they need to send the bones to a genetic Genealogy lab to extract some type of marrow. They've so much evidence. The rug, the bra, the pantyhose and the extension cord. THOSE need to be analyzed and dated FIRST Because those were ATTACHED to the body.. IF anyone knows if they were analyzed please share that link.
Thank you.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> ...Here below in that photo is what the building looked like before demolition.
In the basement of that building in the late 1960s (around 1968 to 1970) was a speakeasy (an underground bar that illegally served alcohol) with many prominent celebrities like Andy Warhol, Jim Morrison, that would sing at the bar amongst other famous artists. It was filled with groupies. Young women that wanted to sleep with celebrities. (Citing the article below)
That building has a club called "The Scene" in the basement.
Was she a "groupie"?
A fan of a celebrity and died during an act of bondage that went too far? Was a celebrity involved, hence the extra work to hide her?
The glitter found in the body is reminiscent of Andy Warhol's entourage called "The Factory".
With the likes of Edie Sedgwick, amongst others on the Warhol Factory as his entourage were called, many died horrible deaths. There were many clubs within close proximity of this location
Studio 54, opening in 1977 located at
254 West 54th St.
Manhattan, New York City
Warhol's Factory location at 231 East 47th Street, 1963–67 (the building no longer exists) citing : The Factory - Wikipedia
and the underground club called
Le Clique, was another venue. Where anything goes. Glitter- painted dancers bondage and nudity.
New York's underground clubs were all over the place back then.
Citing article below:
So I'm thinking that perhaps the reason the body was placed there COULD'VE been in an act of respect to the deceased. (I know it sounds strange) . Maybe it's where she might have partied. A final act of anarchy. For someone to go to this much effort we might have the idea of it being a murder incorrect. Maybe this bondage went TOO far. It still would be a murder though. But the glitter, location, the age, the times and what happened in that area correlates.
Below are some of the distances to Warhol's Factory and to Studio 54 from this location where the body was found.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220907-160108_Maps-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220907-160108_Maps-01.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20220907-155920_Maps-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220907-155920_Maps-01.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
Now keep in mind I'm NOT saying that Warhol and the Factory did this at all. I'm just saying in that building in 1968 to the early 70s many different types came through that building and partied. The Unidentified was short, small framed. She would've fit in with that crowd of Edie Sedgwick, more like a 'Twiggy" types. She could've been a model, dancer, groupie, average girl, college student, or part of an entourage. That area was a magnet for super hip mod, Artsy underground.
Google the club called "The Scene" in Manhattan, New York. It was in this building's basement. Just as her body was found in this basement.
The same building before it was demolished below. I'm very interested in finding out who she is.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220907-152901_Snapseed-02.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220907-152901_Snapseed-02.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 14
The place where the Unidentified was found in the basement.
Steve Paul's (underground club called the "THE SCENE" was located there in the basement where this body was found years later under concrete)
More information on the address of
301 W. 46th St
Manhattan, NY
Citing:
Citing:
Citing:
Video from the actual building of where the female unidentified was found at about the same year she might have died. This was more than a basement, it was an underground club. So you can get the feel of what was going on in the actual building around the time we're looking into

"Steve Paul's The Scene is a popular midtown nightclub at 46th St. and 8th Ave. It sports a labyrinth floor plan which extends through a bizarre network of brick walled cellar rooms and passageways. While the club caters primarily to the jet-set, it also attracts a growing number of the hippie community. Steve Paul once described the purpose of his club in this way: 'To use music as a common denominator for the fusion between music, musicians, people who like music, and and people who are music in their very being."
(From article by Greg Shaw, Hullabaloo magazine 1967)

Last edited:
Okay, I might be kicking a dead horse, I tried sifting through the posts but I'm impatient .. does anyone else find it noteworthy that the ring was plated but engraved ..? The process for engraving plated jewelry is a little involved, moreso than engraving real gold. This makes me think those rings were mass produced, tiny batch but still produced in numbers .. maybe for department store stock or special ordered for a family reunion or something like that .

Okay, I might be kicking a dead horse, I tried sifting through the posts but I'm impatient .. does anyone else find it noteworthy that the ring was plated but engraved ..? The process for engraving plated jewelry is a little involved, moreso than engraving real gold. This makes me think those rings were mass produced, tiny batch but still produced in numbers .. maybe for department store stock or special ordered for a family reunion or something like that .
I had a ring like this from back in 1976-ish engraved with a single initial. My grandmother in New York bought it at either Waldbaum's, Sears or K-Mart I think.
Check the JC Penney and SEARS catalogues it might be in there.
I was only like 4 then. So she might have received it as a child (or could be a a child's ring that belonged to her boyfriend or deceased sibling). Hence, the reason it is worn on her pinky.
Knowing the size of the ring would be helpful. Does anyone know the ring size?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a ring like this from back in 1976-ish engraved with a single initial. My grandmother in New York bought it at either Waldbaum's, Sears or K-Mart I think.
Check the JC Penney and SEARS catalogues it might be in there.
I was only like 4 then. So she might have received it as a child (or could be a a child's ring that belonged to her boyfriend or deceased sibling). Hence, the reason it is worn on her pinky.
Knowing the size of the ring would be helpful. Does anyone know the ring size?
Okay, so it probably wouldn't have been waldbaums, that's a grocery store. I'm living in Texas right now but I was actually born and raised on Staten island, I can't believe I never heard of this case before .. but jc penny or sears is more what I was thinking .

Also, in regards to the toy soldier .. doesn't that seem like something that would have been on the rug before the body was wrapped up. Like an inconsequential occurrence. Maybe there were children in the house from where the rug came ?

Not sure how long it was there. The Doe Network, the description there says following.

"The victim's skeletal remains had been wrapped in a rug and concealed under a layer of relatively fresh concrete, which itself was hidden behind an old coal-burning furnace in the basement of a rundown, mostly abandoned apartment building on West 46th Street in Hell's Kitchen on Manhattan's West Side."

I do note they say wrapped, and not rolled. They describe the concrete as "relatively fresh" I ....admit to knowing very little about this, how do you even tell? is it different color from the rest? Is it less cracked ? Less mold? Softer?
Personally I am putting the time-frame somewhere around 1968/1969 (coin is reported as two differnet years by different sources) towards, late 70's. Because I just, don't think people would keep and fit in an item of clothing for that long a time.

The image of the tag on doe network indicates it is a jacket/coat tag? I think @taramarie posted an image earlier. I can not seem to find any other images reflecting this outside what was in that clip, and this here from doenetwork.

View attachment 364654

Found a site that talks about Registered Identification Numbers (possibly Taramarie posted this as well and I was too sleepy to notice) Stamp of approval | Vintage Clothing | The Collector's Companion | Your guide to antiques, vintage & collectables shops, fairs & auctions
"

Registered Identification Numbers​

In the US manufacturers can apply for an identification number for their garments. I believe it is an alternative to using a manufacturer’s label.

WPL numbers were issued between 1941 and 1959 under the Wool Products Labeling Act. The number will be WPL followed by 5 digits. The numbers issued were 00101 to 13669.

RN numbers will be RN followed by 5 or 6 digits.

RN numbers were issued from 1952 and 1959 by the Fur Products Labeling Act. The numbers 00101-04086 were issued during this period.

Following the adoption of the Wool Act,Fur Act and the Textile Fiber Produacts Identification Act In 1959 the numbering stopped and restarted again at 13670.

At the time of writing (July 2021) the numbering appears to have reached 165260 judging by a quick search on the RN Database (TextileRN - Basic Search)

To help you with rough dating, it is considered that an average of 2635 numbers were issued per year. Like other systems, this will tell you the earliest possible date, but not the latest as once issued they could be kept and used for a long period of time."
This might be irresponsible to say out loud and everyone should take it with a grain of salt .. I really think the penny is like my toy soldier theory .. I can walk around my house right now and probably find a penny on the floor somewhere .. I'm not saying they don't mean anything, I just think they are both inconsequential occurrences ..
What I want to know is: was the owner/owners of the building ever questioned ?

I wonder also about that clothing label. That was a label for suits and jackets. Did they find any zippers, buttons, to substantiate there actually was a jacket? Or was if it was just the label found. They know the size of the bra being a 32A , so THERE'S a label for that. Is that bra label info or images online so we can check the date coded of manufacture of the bra? The pantyhose, who is the maker and what year were they manufactured. Bras and pantyhose AREN'T something that a prostitute will wear on 8th Avenue in its heyday. Go look it up on YouTube. I think if they sent the pantyhose to a textile lab, and the bra as well, they could better analyze the bra pattern and style to a specific maker, place of distribtion and date of manufacture. The label that gave the size would also be able to be dated.
A 32A bra is a training bra size. Are they certain this age is correct? I think they need to send the bones to a genetic Genealogy lab to extract some type of marrow. They've so much evidence. The rug, the bra, the pantyhose and the extension cord. THOSE need to be analyzed and dated FIRST Because those were ATTACHED to the body.. IF anyone knows if they were analyzed please share that link.
Thank you.
Maybe someone already said it .. but looking at the design it looks like a National Recovery Board stamp and not a ladies garment worker union tag .

It IS a National Recovery Board Label for a coat and jacket from all I've seen.
I'm wanting someone to post a link about the buttons and zipper fragments if there were any. They found a bra. They found pantyhose around her neck, was she clothed? Was she NOT. Glitter found is subjective kids play with glitter like they play with toys. The details on the things they're pointing at are useless. What about the extension cord, dating that? What brand/ type or year of manufacture? The extension cord is around they limbs and neck so it was there at the time of death. If they researched that cord they'd get the year. Or the bra label. But all we get are useless pieces of info. What about the rug? What fiber? What type of dye and when was that dye used? They need to do in-depth textile analysis of the rug, bra pattern, and the weave and material of the pantyhose. That would SIGNIFICANTLY narrow the date of Death, the geographical area she came from and her economic status. Plus examine the insulation used in that cord and the Guage of the wire, maker's number and marks. That way we could do the same for the killer It's ALL in the US patent and trademark office database.
They only need to test it.

This case has many similarities with Midtown Jane's: former nightclub, basement, buried under concrete, found in 2008 but could have been there as far back as 1984. The address is 227 Church Street in Tribeca--is that anywhere near?

This case has many similarities with Midtown Jane's: former nightclub, basement, buried under concrete, found in 2008 but could have been there as far back as 1984. The address is 227 Church Street in Tribeca--is that anywhere near?

It's very close actually. Only 3.8 miles south of Midtown Jane Doe
Map below.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220921-023225_Maps-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220921-023225_Maps-01.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 2

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics