NY - Rashawn Brazell, 19, found dismembered, Brooklyn, 14 Feb 2005 *charges dropped 2023*

Nice find. Technically, it doesn't say that it's not Rashawn's blood though. It sure sounds like it though

True! I stand corrected...

Interesting. A few noteworthy things here.

• there was a teen dismembered in July 2005?? we definitely need details on that
  • the perp didn't try to dismemeber Fatimah obviously, so that doesnt match up
  • however I dont doubt her story, I reckon a victim would remember that voice forever

I dont believe that Thomas' killer and Brazell's killer are one in the same.

True! I stand corrected...

Interesting. A few noteworthy things here.

• [*]there was a teen dismembered in July 2005?? we definitely need details on that
  • the perp didn't try to dismemeber Fatimah obviously, so that doesnt match up
  • however I dont doubt her story, I reckon a victim would remember that voice forever

BBM.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/942umny.html

His DNA was on Thomas and they now say the tool bag did have Rashawn's blood and has been linked to Govan. Sounds like he had a relationship with the mother and hated Rashawn because he was an "abomination". There is like zero reason to think this guy didn't kill him.

His DNA was on Thomas and they now say the tool bag did have Rashawn's blood and has been linked to Govan. Sounds like he had a relationship with the mother and hated Rashawn because he was an "abomination". There is like zero reason to think this guy didn't kill him.

Has this been reported in msm? At one point, it was stated--and I could find the article if I search back long enough--the speck of blood on the tools wasnt sufficient to analyze. And how did they link the tools to Govan?

I just don't think he possessed the sophisticated surgical techiniques that nypd repeatedly stated was possessed by the perp. That's one reason to think he didn't kill Rashawn.

eta: I feel even more for Rashawn's mother, to find out that she may have been the link between her son and his killer, when all along it was theorized he may have been killed by some clandestine friend he met online.

Yea, "Investigators then realized he had been a neighbor of Brazell’s, and were able to connect him to that slaying as well, in part through a bloody bag found in the subways that was tied to Govan."
http://www.newsday.com/news/new-yor...ictim-s-mother-in-court-appearance-1.13205303

You don't think he possessed the surgical skills why? Just because he said so at his arraignment? Who knows what kind of surgical skills he has or even how sophisticated the skills displayed in Rashawn's dismemberment actually were.

how do they know this guy was involved with Rashawn's mom? Isn't this guy much younger than the mom?

I would wonder where he acquired advanced surgical skills. In all the early reports, that was the key detail about the case. It's in all the old articles, or at least several that I came across, and it stuck out to me. They stated that whoever dismembered Rashawn had advanced knowledge of surgical dissection, it was not rushed or rudimentary. That's always been the leading clue, imo. So Govan either was trained during some employment, learned in an academic setting, or self-taught. It's not a common skill, and I don't think it should be dismissed.

I would wonder where he acquired advanced surgical skills. In all the early reports, that was the key detail about the case. It's in all the old articles, or at least several that I came across, and it stuck out to me. They stated that whoever dismembered Rashawn had advanced knowledge of surgical dissection, it was not rushed or rudimentary. That's always been the leading clue, imo. So Govan either was trained during some employment, learned in an academic setting, or self-taught. It's not a common skill, and I don't think it should be dismissed.

"Detectives believe that whoever dismembered the body of a 19-year-old Brooklyn man whose limbs and torso were found in a subway tunnel and at a recycling plant cut him apart with precision and has some knowledge of anatomy, the police said yesterday."
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/26/nyregion/body-was-cut-up-expertly-police-say.html?_r=0

Ok so what does this really mean? Who cut him apart had "some knowledge of anatomy". If you were going to dismember someone, wouldn't you read up on anatomy and how to do a clean job of it? I'm sure there are tons of people who kills someone and try to dismember without having a single clue about anatomy at all. Rifkin said he just cracked the joints and then used a box cutter. Perhaps Govan read up on anatomy and used a sharp instrument for clean cuts? I'm sure there are tons and tons of hack jobs. Maybe Govan is a smart guy, who reads books? Doesn't seem like it but who knows. Who says he doesn't have a knowledge of anatomy? Only Govan claims he can't dissect a frog, that is his only argument. You are buying it.

You think Govan was seeing this kid's mom, lived across the street, says the kid is an abomination and hates gays. The kid is supposed to spend V day with his ma, and he gets chopped up. The primary suspect is the neighbor/mother's BF/lover whatever who killed another teenage female around the same time.

Ok so you think Govan doesn't have "some knowledge of anatomy". Do the police actually say "expertly cut up" as the times headline claims, or is this artistic license? All I see is "some knowledge of antomy" which isn't the same as "expertly cut up".

And the police claims they linked the toolbag which now apparently has Rashawn's blood inside to Govan, so if that's true, how can you think he's not the killer?

Crime Watch Daily Segment:
[video=youtube;8qlj8ikiZN0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qlj8ikiZN0[/video]

To those of you who guessed the perpetrator was a serial killer - good guess!

Brooklyn judge warns accused serial killer to behave during March 12 trial

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...l-killer-behave-march-trial-article-1.3795813

From the NYDN article:

He was charged with Brazell’s murders after he gave inconsistent statements in police interviews. Police zeroed in on Govan after reportedly finding a bag that belonged to him near the subway tunnel where the teen’s body parts were found.

So there was no DNA linking him to Rashawn Brazell???

I really fear the nypd is just trying to close an extra case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back