NY - Rashawn Brazell, 19, found dismembered, Brooklyn, 14 Feb 2005 *charges dropped 2023*

was there ever footage released of rashawn leaving his apartment that morning walking down the street?

His address is 1104 Gates Ave, Brooklyn, NY. Just 2 blocks from victim Thomas.

So what is Govan's connection to the MTA? Why was there a bloody MTA issued tool bag found in the tunnel, and why was Rashawn's dismemberment described as "expertly" executed.

do you know if rashawns apartment was on the side with the red painted apartment buildings or across the street

does anyone know govan and rashawns connection other than being neighbors? were they fairly close associates? was govan gay or bisexual and this was a sexual based crime? was govan the one who rang rashawns buzzer that morning at 7am? if so why would he be ringing his buzzer that early? does anyone remember the footage police released on the news back when this crime happened of rashawn and a man walking down the street after his buzzer was rang? id love to see it again but cant find it anywhere

Hi, I remember seeing the footage you're talking about on America's Most Wanted (Season 19, Episode 3, 09/24/2005), but unfortunately the show is nowhere to be found online.

wow I was thinking so much of Rashawn this past month and am SO glad to see his probable killer has been arrested and can harm no more!

i cannot believe it. I thought this day would never ever come.

JUSTICE for Rashawn and all of the other victims of Govan.

Unpopular? opinion - I don't believe Govan killed Rashawn. I do believe he killed Sharabia Thomas... I just don't see him as Rashawn's killer.

Coincidence that they lived near each other and were distantly related (Govan said his first cousin was also a cousin of Rashawn's)? Yes, but who would have thought that Joel Rifkin and Robert Shulman would grow up in the same area, not know each other, but both turn out to be serial killers?

Unpopular? opinion - I don't believe Govan killed Rashawn. I do believe he killed Sharabia Thomas... I just don't see him as Rashawn's killer.

Coincidence that they lived near each other and were distantly related (Govan said his first cousin was also a cousin of Rashawn's)? Yes, but who would have thought that Joel Rifkin and Robert Shulman would grow up in the same area, not know each other, but both turn out to be serial killers?

Not only did they live across the street from each other, but it sounds like Govan could have been seeing Rashawn's mom. He mouthed "you know I love you" to her in court today, and Rashawn was killed on valentine's day. Govan thought Rashawn was an "abomination" because of is sexual preference. I just learned he attended Rashawn's funeral and the bloody tool bag was traced back to him. Definitely sounds like the killer to me.

Alleged serial killer won’t give up his fingerprints

"The man accused of butchering a gay Brooklyn teen in 2005 is still refusing to give up his fingerprints — despite a judge’s order they could be taken by force.

If Kwauhuru Govan — who has been charged in connection with the death and dismemberment of 19-year-old Rashawn Brazell — continues to resist, he will be forcibly printed sometime Thursday, a law enforcement source said.

The Department of Correction declined to comment on why Govan has yet to be printed, or how fingerprints are taken from an involuntary inmate.

The 230-pound Govan nearly flipped a table last Thursday as prosecutors attempted to arraign him on the murder charge, after he was dragged into court screaming, “They’re framing me for this murder! I can’t even dissect a frog!”

Brooklyn Supreme Court Justice Neil Firetog declined to arraign him at that time because he refused to be printed..."

http://nypost.com/2017/03/02/alleged-serial-killer-wont-give-up-his-fingerprints/

Early on that bloody tool bag was found to be unrelated to rashawn's murder. It had a speck of blood, but IIRC the amount was either too minute for dna analysis, or it didnt match up with anyone. I wonder how and when it was traced to Kwauhuru??

I performed a cursory search about Sharabia's case, there's not much to go on since it happened in 2004 and her case didnt get alot of attention as it was. any more details beyond "she was found in two laundry bags"?? I dont know Govan's educational background, but I have a hard time believing he has the sophisticated surgical/medical expertise that was characteristic of rashawn's dismemberment.

Early on that bloody tool bag was found to be unrelated to rashawn's murder. It had a speck of blood, but IIRC the amount was either too minute for dna analysis, or it didnt match up with anyone. I wonder how and when it was traced to Kwauhuru??

I performed a cursory search about Sharabia's case, there's not much to go on since it happened in 2004 and her case didnt get alot of attention as it was. any more details beyond "she was found in two laundry bags"?? I dont know Govan's educational background, but I have a hard time believing he has the sophisticated surgical/medical expertise that was characteristic of rashawn's dismemberment.

One Pix article says the toolbag had rashawns Blood. "brand tool bag that had the victim's blood inside, among tool bits."

There is so much connecting Govan to the victim I think it appears he's the killer. He's a nutcase who hates gays,sounds to me like he killed Rashawn on valentine's day because he was in love with the mother, maybe even jealous Rashawn was spending Valentines day with his mom

does anyone know govan and rashawns connection other than being neighbors? were they fairly close associates? was govan gay or bisexual and this was a sexual based crime? was govan the one who rang rashawns buzzer that morning at 7am? if so why would he be ringing his buzzer that early? does anyone remember the footage police released on the news back when this crime happened of rashawn and a man walking down the street after his buzzer was rang? id love to see it again but cant find it anywhere

I thought I had gone loopy, but I coulda sworn the police said they had some brief video surveillance of rashawn the day he was killed (ENTERING the nostrand ave subway), but later they said there wasnt any footage. I thought I imagined it!?!! :tsktsk: The subways have 24//7 footage--I would think, even if you couldnt see the persons face they wouldve had some footage. It didnt make sense when the nypd said there was no video of rashawn ever entering the subway that fatal morning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back