Identified! NY - WhtFem photo in possession of convicted killer - Name withheld

txsvicki said:
I went to the Doe site and looked through some missing and found case photos. There's so many. It's depressing. It's great that you found this. I've heard of people on the internet who search this type of thing to help match found victims with pics of the missing. Does anyone know if there is a certain group or forum that is dedicated to doing this?
You are already on the best site on the net - Websleuths!!!! Welcome.

Medusa

Medusa said:
You are already on the best site on the net - Websleuths!!!! Welcome.

Medusa

Lol, yes I know. I caught the end of a program on TV that was talking about people on the internet matching up found victims and the missing. I just wondered if they meant crime sleuthers in general or if there is a specific group or forum that does this all the time.

I thought this was interesting ... I found it this morning on the DoeNetwork. One of the 'hot cases.'

A photograph was found in possession of a convicted killer. The killer, John Smith, was convicted of killing his ex-wife. To top if off, his second wife is also missing (and I'm guessing he was a suspect).

Smith also had skull fragments and teeth in his possession. So I'm guessing that there is concern for the safety of the girl in the photo!!!

Here's the link!!!

http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase3.html

She looks like his missing wife in her younger days.
Could it be his wifes daughter or some kin to her?

That's along the lines of what I was thinking too......

That picture looks like it was taken in the 1970s. Like 1979.

I have been following Fran Smith's case and have spoken to West Windsor, NJ police. They have identified this woman as Katherine Ross. She is alive.

I have been following Fran Smith's case and have spoken to West Windsor, NJ police. They have identified this woman as Katherine Ross. She is alive.

Oh Bless Katherine Ross. No doubt she is one fortunate woman to be alive.

If Fran is alive and well then why is her picture still on the Doe Network? I am confused.

Fran disappeared in 1991 from NJ. It is believed that she is not alive. Her husband John Smith III is convicted of murdering his first (?) wife in 1974 and is serving time in prison. Some pictures were found in his possession when he was arrested in CA and not identified. Fran Smith's remains have still not been located. John had ties to MA, FL, CT, NJ, OH, TX, CA and possibly a few more states. He may be a serial murderer. The case is well documented in the book MY SISTER IS MISSING: Bringing a Killer to Justice by Sherrie Gladden-Davis.

Ditto for me on the photo looking circa 1979.

You would think if the picture of the UID girl was Betty Smith, her family would have recognized it. Something looks different about the eyes to me. John apparently had a thing for women that looked similar, however.

If Fran is alive and well then why is her picture still on the Doe Network? I am confused.
Fran is dead but Katherine Ross is still alive. But it's confusing that they still have her pic on the Doe Network. TL. They should take it down.

I thought this was interesting ... I found it this morning on the DoeNetwork. One of the 'hot cases.'

A photograph was found in possession of a convicted killer. The killer, John Smith, was convicted of killing his ex-wife. To top if off, his second wife is also missing (and I'm guessing he was a suspect).

Smith also had skull fragments and teeth in his possession. So I'm guessing that there is concern for the safety of the girl in the photo!!!

Here's the link!!!

http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase3.html

Hey for those following this case I've come across a movie about it. It's called "Murder On Pleasant Drive" and was made in 2006.

Synopsis is:
After Fran Smith disappears one day in mysterious circumstances, Fran's daughter Deanna and Fran's sister, Sherrie endlessly search for her with enduring hope. The most likely suspect in Fran's disappearance is her husband John, but without a body, neither Deanna or Sherrie can prove that murder, much less a crime, has even been committed. With the support of Sherrie, Deanna embarks on an eleven-year search to trace John's past, eventually uncovering a 25 year-old case of a missing person that involved John's first wife, who too, disappeared under suspicious circumstances. Using this lead, Deanna and Sherrie must use all their evidence to bring John to justice.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0493361/

The black and white one looks like a senior class pic..

The Doe network page says the scar is above her left eye. But on your side by sides you have her right eyes circles.

That confuses me, or am I reading it wrong.

Other than that, I think they look alot alike and is worth checking out.

Good job!

Although the two women look similar, Anne's scar is above her left eye as per the Doe network page. The picture submitted by q64ceo has the right eye circled. Sadly, I don't think it is a match. :(

I've adjusted the photos so that they resemble each other some more...

2h31ueb.jpg

I agree the resemblance between the scars (if that is what they are and not JPG artefacts) is startling - but we would need better quality originals.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back