Identified! NY - WhtFem photo in possession of convicted killer - Name withheld

For some reason, I believe I read somewhere that the unknown female had been identified and found safe. Let me see if I can dig up where I saw that.

In researching the West Windsor, NJ missing case of Fran Gladden-Smith, I spoke to the local West Windsor police. I believe the picture was found among John David Smith III's possessions when he was arrested for the murder of his first wife, Janice E. Hartman. The local police said this woman was identified as Katherine Ross and she had no idea why her picture was among his possessions.

I am re-opening this thread so that we can continue to sleuth this Jane Doe. Let's at least dig in an see if she has been id'd yet.

Ok, now that this is reopened again, I still think Riggin could be a possibility.

You cannot ignore the scar.

I will give you a little update.

I called the FBI with this tip 5 years ago. I have not heard anything at all back. That kinda ticks me off.

I never called the Cold Case division in PA. I will give them a call and get back to you guys.

Edit: I lost two years over this premature dismissal. I can't get them back, but what I can do is do my best to ensure that when Paula Zahn's program airs that they will be able to confirm or not that this is Riggin.

I got some fresh eyes on my possible match. These people are uninvolved in this community. They are from a different internet community that I am part of.

They honestly told me they don't think that its her.

Its nice to have an honest perspective. But, the image quality is very poor, and that is what is keeping to see if that is a scar above JD's eye or not.

Paula zahn program aired last night. It will air at 3am again tody for those interested (on investigations discovery)

to me the OP original photo's while they do look similar I don't think they are. The mouth..one has a smaller mouth and the other is a much bigger lip span.

to me the OP original photo's while they do look similar I don't think they are. The mouth..one has a smaller mouth and the other is a much bigger lip span.

Th picture quality is terrible. I am gonna grab a screenshot of th pix when it airs at 3am, it will be of better quality

Waiting on a phone call from the police to take my statement.

In other news, this case is still open.

Hotecase 3 has been assigned a Doe Network case file

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/812ufus.html
I got some fresh eyes on my possible match. These people are uninvolved in this community. They are from a different internet community that I am part of.

They honestly told me they don't think that its her.

Its nice to have an honest perspective. But, the image quality is very poor, and that is what is keeping to see if that is a scar above JD's eye or not.

I don't think she's Anne Riggin either. The bridges of their noses are much different. The low point of the bridge of Anne's nose falls above eye level. The low point of the mystery woman's nose bridge falls below eye level. Also, The mystery woman has a pointier chin and narrower jawline.

Riggin's eyes are narrow-set, while the UID woman's eyes are distinctly wide-set. That's the first thing that jumped out at me. There's an obvious difference in the distance between the inner corners of the eyes in the two women, and it relates to what Carl pointed out about the nose bridges being higher or lower than the eyeline.

I also agree with Lera that Riggin's mouth appears much narrower than the other woman's. FWIW, I don't put a lot of weight into the scar as a determining factor because I know a woman with a similar large scar on the right side of her forehead from an injury she sustained in an automobile accident. JMHO But if the Doe does have a scar, I'd love to see higher quality images to compare the finer details.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back